"Uncoachable Christyn Williams" - I dislike the way it's mischaracterized | Page 3 | The Boneyard

"Uncoachable Christyn Williams" - I dislike the way it's mischaracterized

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Imo, Christyn had her "Tina Charles light bulb moment" at roughly the same point in her UConn career as TC. She's a much more complete player than before and I think is poised for an excellent senior season.
Agree. See had moments when she was hyper-focused in the NCAA's. It was great to see that intensity.

(FWIW, did you complain on Twitter that the BY was dismissive of women's posts? ("Go make me a sammich.") Because that is a weird take for a poster on the WBB board.)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Someone in the post game presser tried to start another one by questioning the "rude" behavior of Paige for tapping him on the butt after Anna's 2nd 3 and the resulting excitement. Geno blew him off with his response that it was an inside thing. Some people just have to try to stir up stuff to make a headline. They might just do a better job of that if they actually asked good questions instead of some of the dumb things I've heard or the preaching they do instead of actually asking much of anything.
Geno has been around this bunch of "reporters" for decades. If he puts an "uncoachable" comment out there he darn well knows what those folks will do with it. This kertuffle is as much his as anyone's and really more. Let it be a learning exercise Geno; yes you are still learning.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Williams wasn't great all year but it was a weird year. She put it all together late against the best competition however. I 2nd the motion that the light bulb went off and she will have a monster senior season.

Reaction Score
Uncoachable means I tell you to do something to improve yourself as a player and you are not doing it. And he was talking about that moment, not forever. I believe she acknowledged it, he was telling me how to be better and I wasn't doing it. Now I am and I am better for it. You are living in today's world where no one can be criticized, you tell everyone great job and give them a pat on the back and smile. End result, they never get better. She wants to get better, you want her to be ... what? I like her attitude better than yours. and it the end, it is her decision how to react, not yours. I am sorry that you are offended by Geno's coaching of her. Now it seems You don't want to just stop someone from saying something that applies to You, You want to power to stop someone saying something that applies to someone else that offends you. You don't want Geno to make her better, because he had to say some tough love words. Sometimes a coach makes players run until they are exhausted and in agony to get them in shape. Is that forbidden? Sometimes coaches point out that a team won't get the message until they lose, like maybe this year's Arkansas game. You know what, I'll bet that loss hurt the team's feelings. They should not have to hurt like that just to learn a lesson and get better. I move that we take than loss away and pretend it never happened. Let's take away all the losses from every team. All teams are undefeated, everyone is a champ. Did you see how Boston was in tears after the loss? That was not fair. We have to make that last basket go in so she can be euphoric. Whoopee. Oh wait, what about the other team, if we make Boston happy we leave them in despair.

Jesus said to Peter, "get behind me Satan." Talk about harsh words. That is terrible. We have to tell Jesus he can't talk like that. Or just maybe we say tough words were needed to get the message delivered to Peter. As is often said, don't complain when God gives you tough situations to teach you something, worry when he stops caring enough to try to teach you.

Did you notice also that when Williams missed 3 out of 4 free throws that nearly cost us a win over Baylor, instead of being out on the floor with the team whooping it up right after the final buzzer, Geno went over to her, put his arm around her and told her good job, you helped us win this game and we could not have done it without you. The man knows how to get the best out of people most of the time, and players come to UConn because that is what they want. Occasionally they find out it is not what they want, and they transfer out. That is fine. Different strokes for different folks.
Ralph your first sentence nailed it on the nose! I agree Geno was tired of having to repeat that to his third year player.

Reaction Score
I rarely post but feel I need to..this young team was a very good team this year and provided much joy to all of the fans! It is a team sport and all the girls had their "moments". But let us be real without CW contributions in the tournaments UCONN does not get to semi finals!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom