UNC / UT Martin (merged) | The Boneyard

UNC / UT Martin (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have no idea how good UT Martin is - they were 15-1 in their conference and 24-7 overall, but literally beat no one of note. They did lose to FSU and Gonzaga when both those teams were ranked and the scores were not even remotely close.

Reaction Score
Losing may be the best thing to happen to this Carolina program; Referring back to UConn 1999.

Reaction Score
Losing may be the best thing to happen to this Carolina program; Referring back to UConn 1999.

UConn's PG was injured in December and had basically Shea Ralph playing the point. There were also chemistry issues with our team with upperclassmen taking back seats to frosh. They also lost to a 4 seed in a game played in front of tons of Iowa State fans.

Don't think the comparison fits here.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
According to the espn box, DD did not start, is o/4 (all threes), has no rebounds, 2 ft points and 2 fouls.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good point. I like UNC. It's been a rough year for them and hope Hatchell comes back 100% soon. I recall reading the asst did a masterful job with the freshmen. This could be a very harsh lesson for them on team play...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I have no idea how good UT Martin is - they were 15-1 in their conference and 24-7 overall, but literally beat no one of note. They did lose to FSU and Gonzaga when both those teams were ranked and the scores were not even remotely close.

They came to Duke 4 years ago for the 1st round game a few years ago..... of course Duke destroyed them. but I was impressed by their freshman guards Butler and Newsome. They are seniors now.... and they are definitely arent scared by UNC.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
According to the espn box, DD did not start, is o/4 (all threes), has no rebounds, 2 ft points and 2 fouls.
I read she received a technical in the last game, and per UNC team rules, any player who receives a technical won't start the following game...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Good point. I like UNC. It's been a rough year for them and hope Hatchell comes back 100% soon. I recall reading the asst did a masterful job with the freshmen. This could be a very harsh lesson for them on team play...

Nothing wrong with harsh lessons and teaching moments :cool:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
As per DT, when you are a star freshman and the 3s aren't falling in the tourney, that can be a very tough issue than can drag out through the game. We'll see if young Heels can pull their heads back together in second half.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UConn's PG was injured in December and had basically Shea Ralph playing the point. There were also chemistry issues with our team with upperclassmen taking back seats to frosh. They also lost to a 4 seed in a game played in front of tons of Iowa State fans.

Was that Amy Duran? IIRC she had some issues with the TASSK force coming in and taking PT from her. Sveta was only a sophomore on that team too. I bet she took some of Amy's minutes as well...

Reaction Score

There are no upperclassmen taking back seats to the frosh on this Carolina team :rolleyes:.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I really hope I have reason to order both a UT-Martin shirt, and a Iowa State shirt at the end of the day :D

Reaction Score
UT Martin features a player with a very interesting name. A ringer maybe?:rolleyes:
Ashia Jones is her name. UNC's coach admitted he didn't game plan against UT Martin and was going to play them straight up.

Reaction Score
I really hope I have reason to order both a UT-Martin shirt, and a Iowa State shirt at the end of the day :D
Tell me where you are going to order those shirts from so I can get my Mercer shirt from the same place.

Reaction Score
Ashia Jones is her name. UNC's coach admitted he didn't game plan against UT Martin and was going to play them straight up.

UNC's assistant came in with Coach Hatchell 28 years ago. That kind of honesty is going to put Coach Hatchell and the UNC administration in the position of having to sever that 28 year old bond.

HGN

Reaction Score
Yeah, but I don't think it's going to hold up.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
NC's body language sure is telling. Just doesn't seem to be any team chemistry. They may very well have the talent to come back and win but they have a LOT of work to do to harness all that talent.

Reaction Score
Just to reinforce the wisdom of comparative scores . . .

UNC beat Illinois by 36
Illinois beat UTM by 15

Therefor UNC beats UTM by 51. Right?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yeah, but I don't think it's going to hold up.

Probably not...... usually when these types of upset threads are made.. the favorite comes back and wins by 20 + or something. :confused: But I am keeping hope alive. How funny would it be to see a UT-Martin vs Michigan State game in Chapel Hill in front of 7 people in the stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom