UNC Post Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UNC Post Game Thread

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yeah, I've really enjoyed watching him this season, I wasn't trying to imply he was playing poorly or anything. On the Samson play, he does a really good job navigating through the pressure, and then he goes for the lob for a splash play when he probably could have either gone up himself or given Johnson an easier pass. I think because his game is so predicated on speeding things up, sometimes his teammates aren't on the same page.

He's really done a much better job taking care of the ball this year (turning it over about 50% less), and is shooting 50% from the floor so far! Really happy with his progression from last year.
It’s a timing issue. Should be less of an issue as they get more playing time together.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Last night he seemed to be a N. Carolina fan though .
He was trying his best not to emphasize and embarrass North Carolina too much. But he did point out we were womping them in spite of our top four out of five players significantly impacted by injuries.

Lots of praise from him.

Reaction Score
I think UNC stays top 10-15 all year, wins the ACC with relative ease (think that says something about ACC). They're a good team
Yeah I feel the same. I think they're going to cruise in a weak ACC. Their starting 5 is really good. Bench...not so much.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Was a great night.. Somehow got hooked up with great seats.. Basically sat next to the bench. Caught Samson Johnson's insane block and ended up in the locker room after the game. Oh and gave Emeka a huge bear hug when he cruised by. (not pictured)
Lucky you.

And lucky for you @superjohn was not at the locker room door. He wouldn’t have let you enter with what you were wearing.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

the legend, hoopvision, breaking down offense from the kansas and unc games. must-watch for a husky fan!

Great video. He shows the play where Cam gets hurt. Cam was moving well prior to that moment. That injury, as much as the Kansas D, impacted our ability to run sets.

Watching this and we can see why this team is literally and figuratively poetry in motion.

Reaction Score
Some in-game quotes from the N.C. forum - Enjoy:

WTF!!! That little mouthy bitch Spencer does enough to get 3 Ts -no call.

Cam Spencer

Spencer is an

Ref just talks to Spencer and the little bitch just keeps chirping - and nothing. Meanwhile bacot shows nobody up and he gets the instant T. Such garbage!

I'm heated about that tee. Spencer literally went up the entire court clearly ' to the crowd throughout, and Mando gets a tee for his reaction.

mushroom cap Hurley

Getting punked right now

And foul the big white guy from UConn.

Beginning to dislike Hurley.

They are breaking the press with ease so far

Hurley is a bitch

Why is that little punk allowed to chirp all the way down the court but Bacot gets fired up and its a T

Armando has his hands full with that big ole monster
Yeah he is a problem

Dang - Heels are playing pretty well but this UConn team is really good - and well coached. Can’t take a break physically or mentally on defense, rebounding or outlet passes. Time to get something out of Ingram. He should be a factor hard for them to match up on.

These UConn players have some chippy gangsta im them I’ll give them that. I didn’t have a reason to hate them and actually was ok with Hurley but now I’m not so sure….

Wouldn’t mind seeing Wojcik put a elbow in #12 mouth…

Got to give Uconn some credit all of our shots where contested and no open looks, while they had wide open looks and noncontested lay ups and dunks all night long.

Uconn handled the press fine after an initial hiccup, they got beat.

Cultural loss. Hubert has more talent but his system is too simple, dominated by iso ball on offense and poor on ball defense, too easily defeated by the first ball screen. If you put our players in UConns system and their players in Huberts, its a +30 blowout.

UConn offense just sliced up the Carolina defense. Great ball movement and constant motion/cutting off the ball.

Clingam at the line hits two 87-74

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Don’t think it’s too much to ask most fans to wear Navy Blue merch to our games. If your 80 year old grandfather wants to wear his brown jacket, fine. But younger fans should all have something Navy to wear. Color coordination makes crowds look more impressive.

Reaction Score
His videos are always awesome. Surprised some team hasn't paid him to do film for them.
I missed this when it was written, but a good profile on him.

Last summer, Sperber “went the distance” with an NBA team for a coaching/analyst role before withdrawing from consideration.

Channel/newsletter must be doing well enough.

Honestly, I consider him a bit of a kindred spirit. I entered that same TeamRankings competition years back (my entry was... worse lol). Was reading the same College Basketball Prospectus, KenPom, and Luke Winn content. He just has that next level of Xs and Os chops and video editing to make his content really incredible.

Reaction Score
I missed this when it was written, but a good profile on him.

Channel/newsletter must be doing well enough.

Honestly, I consider him a bit of a kindred spirit. I entered that same TeamRankings competition years back (my entry was... worse lol). Was reading the same College Basketball Prospectus, KenPom, and Luke Winn content. He just has that next level of Xs and Os chops and video editing to make his content really incredible.

Man, Luke Winn was probably my favorite “mainstream” CBB media member ever. I’m curious what your go-to sources for hoops talk/writing are nowadays.

Reaction Score
My only criticism of the offense is that I feel like it takes us a bit too long to actually get into our sets. That should improve as the season goes on and the movement gets more instinctive for everyone.

Last year we had a ton of wrinkles designed to get Hawkins open looks that aren't there this year. The simplified sets should be easier to nail down.
Andre, among the many things he did well, seemed to get the ball to other basket area in about two seconds

Reaction Score
Some in-game quotes from the N.C. forum - Enjoy:

Ref just talks to Spencer and the little bitch just keeps chirping - and nothing. Meanwhile bacot shows nobody up and he gets the instant T. Such garbage!

I'm heated about that tee. Spencer literally went up the entire court clearly ' to the crowd throughout, and Mando gets a tee for his reaction.

Why is that little punk allowed to chirp all the way down the court but Bacot gets fired up and its a T

Wouldn’t mind seeing Wojcik put a elbow in #12 mouth…
These quotes are so funny because Bacot literally bumped Samson and then flexed and screamed. If he wasn't already involved in an incident, it probably isn't called, but it wasn't like it was an illegitimate call. And then in the 2nd half we got a T that seemed a lot less clear.

Side note, I have watched UConn play a lot of teams and disliked a lot of players, can't remember ever wanting one to be elbowed in the mouth.

Reaction Score
These quotes are so funny because Bacot literally bumped Samson and then flexed and screamed. If he wasn't already involved in an incident, it probably isn't called, but it wasn't like it was an illegitimate call. And then in the 2nd half we got a T that seemed a lot less clear.

Side note, I have watched UConn play a lot of teams and disliked a lot of players, can't remember ever wanting one to be elbowed in the mouth.
Maybe Laettner.

Reaction Score
Maybe Laettner.
Laettner received the exact treatment that he deserved IMHO when Sellers bounced Christian's head off the floor in Detroit. I find it hard to believe that some NC fans seem to hate Spencer so much but obviously I have a much different perspective.

I didn't like Charles Smith IV from Georgetown too much either. He just seemed way too cocky for my taste but that was before UConn was good.

Reaction Score
Lucky you.

And lucky for you @superjohn was not at the locker room door. He wouldn’t have let you enter with what you were wearing.
What a strange comment. I couldn't care less what UConn fans wear to UConn games.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
What a strange comment. I couldn't care less what UConn fans wear to UConn games.
It was tongue in cheek based on your comments about UConn fans not wearing same colors. Not meant to be serious.

Reaction Score
It was tongue in cheek based on your comments about UConn fans not wearing same colors. Not meant to be serious.
I get that, just letting you know I wasn't being critical. It's something that's just unique to our fanbase compared to what I've seen from the other major college fanbases.

Reaction Score
Laettner received the exact treatment that he deserved IMHO when Sellers bounced Christian's head off the floor in Detroit. I find it hard to believe that some NC fans seem to hate Spencer so much but obviously I have a much different perspective.

I didn't like Charles Smith IV from Georgetown too much either. He just seemed way too cocky for my taste but that was before UConn was good.
They overlooked what initiated it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom