Unbeatens Falling | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Unbeatens Falling

Reaction Score
upload_2018-1-3_15-3-25.png

11 teams with a single loss (Villanova and Navy both lost a second game)
As a point of reference: This time last year, 3 unbeatens, 13 single loss

Reaction Score
If my quick look this morning is correct, looks like only one change.

Still 4 unbeaten
10 teams with single loss (West Virginia now has two losses)

Reaction Score
Tn is a legit F4 contender but they have a brutal January during which they'll lose at least once. L'ville probably loses in January, but certainly by Feb. 12 :). MS St has the best shot outside of Storrs of getting to NCAAs unbeaten. They'd have to beat TN in Knoxville and beat SC at home, then win SEC tourney. Tough to do all three but possible.

Reaction Score
I always laugh when I hear talk of strength of schedule. I heard a bit ago the UConn was had the 4th strongest schedule. Well compared to the top 3 UConn had one glaring omission - they do not get to play the #1 team...UConn!

Reaction Score
All three "other" unbeatens played last night and all escaped ;)

In the single loss category, Iowa fell so there are now 9 single loss teams.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Yeah, we escaped. And I agree, we will lose in January if we do not get back to 40 minute games.
Good offense the first half, terrible defense. Good defense the second half, no offensive flow.
I am hoping we figure it out. The talent and depth is there.
We did hold Lexie Brown to 8 points, so we did a good job on her. But at the expense of not much other defense in the first half. Head bang

Reaction Score
Tn is a legit F4 contender but they have a brutal January during which they'lnol lose at least once. L'ville probably loses in January, but certainly by Feb. 12 :). MS St has the best shot outside of Storrs of getting to NCAAs unbeaten. They'd have to beat TN in Knoxville and beat SC at home, then win SEC tourney. Tough to do all three but possible.
This kinda tell those that thought Mss St not for real, they ARE. Also, Tenn is better than many thought. The Miss St /Tn game should be a good one as will the USC/ Miss St.

Reaction Score
Apparently I've been in error a couple days. According to the NCAA, there are only 8 single loss teams. I'm too lazy to go find who I missed.

Single loss teams:
Ball St.

Baylor
Brown
Florida St.
New Mexico
Notre Dame
South Carolina
Texas

So 4 remain unbeaten, 8 with single loss

Reaction Score
New Mexico fell yesterday so now 7 single loss teams.
(4 remain unbeaten)

Reaction Score
What, you mean Northern Kentucky upsetting Green Bay wasn't riveting enough for you?

Just kidding. I hear you. I've been saying all along that WCBB needs less predictability.
I watched Green Bay vs N KY. Green Bay was horrible

Reaction Score
Only change is to the single loss teams: South Carolina and Florida State both lost
So now, 4 unbeatens, 5 single loss.

Reaction Score
Last night Texas proceeded to lose so they fall from the ranks of the single loss teams!!

That leaves 4 unbeaten and 4 with a single loss.

There will be at least one change tonight as ND(15-1) plays Louisville(18-0). A few other games tonight could affect the other unbeaten or single loss teams.

Reaction Score
Apparently Brown couldn't stand it any longer being in the single loss group so proceeded to lose today to Yale.
Makes 3 unbeatens, 3 single loss.
As a point of reference, last year games through Jan 12, there were 2 unbeaten (Miss St and UCONN) and 6 single loss teams.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
View attachment 27710

Single Loss teams: Still 4 (Notre Dame got clobbered and moved to 2 losses, Tennessee joined)
So single loss teams are: Ball St., Baylor, Brown and Tenn

The cream continues to rise to the top! Three teams left. After Louisville/UConn play in February, there will only be two undefeated teams remaining, assuming Mississippi State stays the course.
Will the winner of the UConn/Louisville game, and MS run the table all the way to the 1st round of the NCAA Tournament, or might there be a loss somewhere along the trail with their name on it?

Last edited by a moderator:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Will UConn and MS run the table all the way to the 1st round of the NCAA Tournament, or might there be a loss somewhere along the trail with their name on it?

MSU isn't going to run the table during the SEC regular season and/or conference tournament.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The cream continues to rise to the top! Three teams left. After Louisville/UConn play in February, there will only be two undefeated teams remaining, assuming Mississippi State stays the course.
Will UConn and MS run the table all the way to the 1st round of the NCAA Tournament, or might there be a loss somewhere along the trail with their name on it?

Louisville wont be undefeated on Feb 11.

Carnac

Reaction Score
MSU isn't going to run the table during the SEC regular season and/or conference tournament.

I don't think so either . It will get harder for them to win games as the season moves along. Fatigue, lack of focus, maybe a little "salt" forming around the edges, their opponents getting up for them, and not being able to match that enthusiasm or resolve. Like ND did yesterday, they're going to catch somebody on a really good night (for the other team), and a bad one for them, and won't be able to stop the bleeding once it starts.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Louisville wont be undefeated on Feb 11.

UConn had better show up with it's lunch pale, hard hat and steel toe boots, because it's going to be THAT kind of game.
Query...............................you think that you'll be able to walk up to the box office and purchase a ticket 30 minutes before the tip? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So today, Ball State decided they could no longer bear the pressure of a single loss and proceeded to lose to Buffalo.
This leave 3 unbeaten (UCONN, Mississippi State, and Louisville), and 2 single loss (Baylor and Tennessee)

Reaction Score
Tennessee couldn't handle the pressure of being a single loss team last night so now we are down to 3 unbeaten, and just one single loss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom