UMass | The Boneyard

UMass

Reaction Score
Took the wife to see her alma mater University of Dayton play at UMass. UMass won in double overtime. Not a bad game. Got me thinking, the AAC should add UMass. It would give UConn a team to form a good rivalry with in football and in basketball. We already battle them in Hockey East. UConn needs a nearby team to form a rivalry with. I would give UMass a slight edge in football, but in basketball it would be very evenly matched. All things considered, I would add UMass to the AAC. I think it would benefit both schools.

Reaction Score
It’d be good for UMass, but wouldn’t do a bless thing to help UConn.

The last thing the conference needs is to split its meager pie to feed one more mouth.

+1. I'm now having second thoughts about Wichita.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
+1. I'm now having second thoughts about Wichita.

The issue with Wichita is that the second they stop being good, they’re another Tulsa.

Tulsa probably the worst thing ever to happen to us. In my opinion, Tulsa is the Tulane of the AAC, a situation made worse by the fact that Tulane’s actually in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Took the wife to see her alma mater University of Dayton play at UMass. UMass won in double overtime. Not a bad game. Got me thinking, the AAC should add UMass. It would give UConn a team to form a good rivalry with in football and in basketball. We already battle them in Hockey East. UConn needs a nearby team to form a rivalry with. I would give UMass a slight edge in football, but in basketball it would be very evenly matched. All things considered, I would add UMass to the AAC. I think it would benefit both schools.
The benefit distribution
99% UMass 1% UConn

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The issue with Wichita is that the second they stop being good, they’re another Tulsa.

Tulsa probably the worst thing ever to happen to us. In my opinion, Tulsa is the Tulane of the AAC, a situation made worse by the fact that Tulane’s actually in the AAC.

Don't see any reason to not to add Rhode Island to the AAC. If the bar is a good season they have met every requirement.

Reaction Score

UConn is the BCU of the AAC.

Reaction Score
Don't see any reason to not to add Rhode Island to the AAC. If the bar is a good season they have met every requirement.
They don’t play D1 football for starters.
Are you suggesting a basketball only?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

You have to include the obligatory “if they upgrade” football.

The uptake on the idea jumps like 200% that way.

Reaction Score
You have to include the obligatory “if they upgrade” football.

The uptake on the idea jumps like 200% that way.

Last I looked several years ago, the URI athletic department had a budget of about $7-8 million, with the bball coaches accounting for $25% of it. That's on par with Alfred University.

I imagine the school likes to keep it this way without ever getting involved in the big money hole of football.

Reaction Score
UMASS would be a wise investment for the AAC. We should add them basketball only and another school before the C7 beats us too it.

Ask yourself if you would rather see UMASS in the AAC OR THE C7.

Heck maybe we should add UMASS all sports and Army for football.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Last I looked several years ago, the URI athletic department had a budget of about $7-8 million, with the bball coaches accounting for $25% of it. That's on par with Alfred University.

I imagine the school likes to keep it this way without ever getting involved in the big money hole of football.

We’re not actually proposing it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

You are my go to guy for all things higher ed so I’ll assume Alfred University is a real thing and not just something you made up to mock Rhode Island.

Reaction Score

Both of those schools have better conference records than we do.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Slight edge to Umass in football? How’s that?

Reaction Score

I said in the game thread that this has to be a parody account, and this post does nothing to dispel that notion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom