UMass & AAC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UMass & AAC

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I don't know if New Mexico State would buy off on this as they already have money problem's in their current conference with close opponents.

They're homeless now -- got kicked out of the Sun Belt.

Reaction Score
New Mexico State's other sports programs are in the WAC, which is pretty off the wall geographically as well. Out west, the WAC is as dismal a conference as you are going to find.

Reaction Score
I don't know if New Mexico State would buy off on this as they already have money problem's in their current conference with close opponents.
I just threw them in to make the point. There are other possibilities I'm sure.

Reaction Score
VmxnfA7.png

Reaction Score
Why not?

New Mexico State has a crumbling athletics department in terms of $$$$$$. One of the guys who works from me is a NMSU allum and he reiterates all the time that the school isn't that large and is hard-pressed for cash.

Reaction Score
I'd bite on that a little if we dropped Maine and Vermont from the mix for football. And Penn State would never accept.....ever....
Yeah, I'm not suggesting it as a conference, just a comparison of "Flagship Universities".

8 of 10 are non-P5.

UMass, UConn, and UD don't look so bad together.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
UMass is too small time. There’s no interest. Their games draw like under 10k sometimes. We don’t need that

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
UMass is too small time. There’s no interest. Their games draw like under 10k sometimes. We don’t need that

Their highest attended 2017 home game drew just north of 12k and they routinely drew under 10k. Their basketball team is also pretty bad. There’s literally no reason to add them. They’ll take more money than they’ll earn us.

Reaction Score
I hate to break the news to you, but another year or two of UConn finishing in last place in the AAC, and that is what you will be seeing in the Rent. Five more years of UConn remaining noncompetitive in the AAC and you will see UConn dropping out of FBS football. It could be that other members of the AAC are saying the same about UConn these days. A lot of talk, no action. UConn football has been noncompetitive in the AAC since its inception and men's basketball has been competitive only by a thread. Lots of work to do over the next five years to make UConn great again!

Reaction Score
I hate to break the news to you, but another year or two of UConn finishing in last place in the AAC, and that is what you will be seeing in the Rent. Five more years of UConn remaining noncompetitive in the AAC and you will see UConn dropping out of FBS football. It could be that other members of the AAC are saying the same about UConn these days. A lot of talk, no action. UConn football has been noncompetitive in the AAC since its inception and men's basketball has been competitive only by a thread. Lots of work to do over the next five years to make UConn great again!
UConn Football went to the Fiesta Bowl and Basketball has won 4 National Championships, since its inception.

Reaction Score
We just got a commitment from a top-15 (maybe even top-10) all purpose running back. Step away from the ledge.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
We just got a commitment from a top-15 (maybe even top-10) all purpose running back. Step away from the ledge.
I didn't see anything on the 2019 recruiting thread. Where was this?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I didn't see anything on the 2019 recruiting thread. Where was this?
He's referring to DJ Smith who committed back in early May.

Reaction Score
Let's hope it all works out. I don't like when people here mock other schools. Let UConn take care of business first before we all throw stones.

Reaction Score
We went 1-A in 2000, thank you very much.
Connecticut first fielded a team in 1896, and participated in Division I-AA until 1999. The Huskies began their two-year Division I-A transition period in 2000, and became a full-fledged Division I-A team in 2002. From 2000 to 2003 the team played as an independent. The schools football team then joined the conference of its other sport teams, the Big East (later named the American Athletic Conference in 2013), starting in 2004.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Connecticut first fielded a team in 1896, and participated in Division I-AA until 1999. The Huskies began their two-year Division I-A transition period in 2000, and became a full-fledged Division I-A team in 2002. From 2000 to 2003 the team played as an independent. The schools football team then joined the conference of its other sport teams, the Big East (later named the American Athletic Conference in 2013), starting in 2004.

Oh, a history lesson. Thank you for the enlightenment O wise one. We are forever in your debt. Your job is done here. You can go away now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom