UL fan here, I just wanted to say... | The Boneyard

UL fan here, I just wanted to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The sequence where your coach got ejected was one of the most absurd things I've ever seen in college basketball. That official should be reprimanded and the conference should apologize. If it's any consolation, even though UL has controlled the UCONN series for a while now, I would trade every one of those victories for the last minute of the 2011 Big East Title game. Good luck with the rest of your season.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The sequence where your coach got ejected was one of the most absurd things I've ever seen in college basketball. That official should be reprimanded and the conference should apologize. If it's any consolation, even though UL has controlled the UCONN series for a while now, I would trade every one of those victories for the last minute of the 2011 Big East Title game. Good luck with the rest of your season.
I don't understand he never left the sideline. Yeah he screamed and yelled but he didn't go at him he stayed at the bench. Two games in a row shltty officiating (Memphis). Thanks for the words. You guys played great but the officiating didn't help

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks for the post. I think the call was horsecrap but it didn't decide the game.

Even though you match up very well against us, I'd love to be able to keep playing after your move to the ACC. See you in at your place. Hopefully the refs won't be the story.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

it was bad, but the cards were outplaying us to that point anyhow, the calls just sealed the deal

I agree, Stuart needs to be reprimanded

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Has espn or sportscenter said anything about it? Any articles or anything

Reaction Score
This guy is a nice guy.

The handful of egregious calls went to Ville's advantage, but other than that the game was called rather fair. However, not giving Giffey 3 FTs and the throwing out Ollie with 4 FTs and the ball going to Louisville, that's a 7 point swing, at the least. We lost by 12 (2 of which were a Hancock garbage time dunk) so if you do the math it's a one possession game, and we still have Ollie. I'll take those chances.

Reaction Score
Regardless of the foul, you guys deserved to win, you played with more heart.

Regarding someone else's comments about playing Ville again after this year, I fully anticipate them to refuse to schedule us just like Cuse and Pitt will likely not schedule us.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Regarding someone else's comments about playing Ville again after this year, I fully anticipate them to refuse to schedule us just like Cuse and Pitt will likely not schedule us.

Jurich's a sweetheart. You don't think he would continue the series just so he can say, "Nah nahny boo boo, we're in the ACC instead of you!"

Reaction Score
This guy is a nice guy.

The handful of egregious calls went to Ville's advantage, but other than that the game was called rather fair. However, not giving Giffey 3 FTs and the throwing out Ollie with 4 FTs and the ball going to Louisville, that's a 7 point swing, at the least. We lost by 12 (2 of which were a Hancock garbage time dunk) so if you do the math it's a one possession game, and we still have Ollie. I'll take those chances.

A 7 point swing, lol?

The call was pretty bad, I agree. Whether he gets a shooting foul or not is another question, but let's say it goes by last season's rules and he does. Louisville was in the midst of an 11-0 run, rife with momentum. Had Griffey made 2 or even 3, bear in mind we got two points out of the call............hardly 7.

(For the record, the non-call could also be called the "Luke Hancock Rule" who has been screwed out of that call probably 8 times this season for more egregious calls.)

Ironically, you guys played better after the crowd woke your team up. It seemed to shake up Blackshear - a 90% FT shooter - for the rest of the game from the line. Had the foul not gone the way it did, I think the margin would have been more.

Reaction Score
Why would Louisville schedule a team who hates us? Keep dissing Jurich. Do your absolute worst!!

I am sure that will incline him more to play to your fairly rabid detestations. Besides, the crazed rancor of your football fans and the puerile opinions about coaches wanderings in sex has already spoiled that well. Even I am losing sympathy.

Reaction Score
Regardless of the officiating, Louisville played better, plus it was amazing how they got 80 % of loose balls. Without Daniels playing tough up front they had no chance, that kid inside killed Uconn.

Reaction Score
To be fair, Louisville always gets up for UConn games. There is a ton of respect there, fully knowing the atmosphere will be charged and the level of competition intense. They brought a junkyard dog attitude with them with no real time to prepare. The improvement arc of both Harrell and Mathiang is becoming real and is based on effort.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
A 7 point swing, lol?

The call was pretty bad, I agree. Whether he gets a shooting foul or not is another question, but let's say it goes by last season's rules and he does. Louisville was in the midst of an 11-0 run, rife with momentum. Had Griffey made 2 or even 3, bear in mind we got two points out of the call..hardly 7.

(For the record, the non-call could also be called the "Luke Hancock Rule" who has been screwed out of that call probably 8 times this season for more egregious calls.)

Ironically, you guys played better after the crowd woke your team up. It seemed to shake up Blackshear - a 90% FT shooter - for the rest of the game from the line. Had the foul not gone the way it did, I think the margin would have been more.
Senore for Senhor's Testiculos

Reaction Score
A 7 point swing, lol?

The call was pretty bad, I agree. Whether he gets a shooting foul or not is another question, but let's say it goes by last season's rules and he does. Louisville was in the midst of an 11-0 run, rife with momentum. Had Griffey made 2 or even 3, bear in mind we got two points out of the call..hardly 7.

Sorry Senore but Hancock is a whiny little bitch. He tried it last night and even went out of his way to create the contact vs our straight up defender. The Giffey play was a 3 shot foul period no ifs ands or buts. It had something to do with the game just not sure how……..Louisville was better last night, our guys played soft and allowed themselves to bet bullied way too much by Harrell. He's a stud but still raw but we allowed him to flex his muscle and instead of "hitting him somewhere" to let him know they weren't going to tai any more crap, they watched him bounce them around. Hated seeing that…….. They deserved to lose, have to get a 50/50 ball every once in a while………nice win for you guys away hopefully our guys learn!

And I am surprised you can't handle the "jokes" about your coach……pretty sure he did bang a very strange lady on a restaurant table didn't he? It's up for grabs if someone elects to mock it……not like they're saying he's a cheating liar who buys recruits here!

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Why would Louisville schedule a team who hates us? Keep dissing Jurich. Do your absolute worst!!

I am sure that will incline him more to play to your fairly rabid detestations. Besides, the crazed rancor of your football fans and the puerile opinions about coaches wanderings in s e x has already spoiled that well. Even I am losing sympathy.
Wow, I am shocked that you feel this way. How shocked? This shocked:
karen_s.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Q: When has Dixon scheduled anyone decent in OOC that wasn't part of an early tournament?
A: Never.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Now that I've slept on it and went for a run, I still think the second technical and ejection was absolutely horrendous. One of the quickest and worst overreactions by an arrogant ref on a serious power trip. I thought the first technical was a 50/50 call, but I could see it happening because Ollie was animated and "showed up" the ref a bit. I agree with the sentiment that a good ref would allow the coach to go a little bonkers in a heated moment of a bigger game and give a look warning, but eh, whatever. He t'd up Ollie and I could have lived with that. The second T was ridiculous and deserves to get Stewart reprimanded somehow. When refs/officials make themselves bigger than the game, it should always be reviewed by the league/conference.

That said, UCONN didn't get beat by the refs last night. They were beaten because Louisville played better and dominated the glass.

Reaction Score

I am sure that will incline him more to play to your fairly rabid detestations. Besides, the crazed rancor of your football fans and the puerile opinions about coaches wanderings in s e x has already spoiled that well. Even I am losing sympathy.

You're confusing team with fanbase.

And maybe you shouldn't visit the board anymore if you're getting a tad upset. We are reacting like any fanbase that has been shafted would.
Count your blessings that you're in a league that you don't fit in whatsoever from an academic standpoint and move on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That series cost UConn 7 points, clearly. Would have been closer; but, I am not sure UConn would have won anyway primarily due tot he fact that Daniels was MIA for most of it. His lack of scoring hurt more than the high school ref that was on the court.

CL82

Reaction Score
Regardless of the foul, you guys deserved to win, you played with more heart.

Different scenario, I think. Cuse and Pitt are eastern teams that have struggled against us on the road. 'Ville has had a lot of success against us and I suspect has different recruiting grounds for the non-national recruits. I think that they may be less threatened by us. Just my thoughts though.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Different scenario, I think. Cuse and Pitt are eastern teams that have struggled against us on the road. 'Ville has had a lot of success against us and I suspect has different recruiting grounds for the non-national recruits. I think that they may be less threatened by us. Just my thoughts though.
I don't know if UL plays a challenging OOC either, outside of playing UK every year.I suspect it will suddenly decide to play Memphis and Cincy most often.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What is the deal with our refs anyway? Are they conference specific to AAC or shared with B12, CUSA, OVC and Southland as part of a consortium?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
What is the deal with our refs anyway? Are they conference specific to AAC or shared with B12, CUSA, OVC and Southland as part of a consortium?
I think most refs work for multiple leagues, some of last night's guys worked a game earlier in the day I read somewhere here.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That series cost UConn 7 points, clearly. Would have been closer; but, I am not sure UConn would have won anyway primarily due tot he fact that Daniels was MIA for most of it. His lack of scoring hurt more than the high school ref that was on the court.

Nobody can predict what would've happened. UConn ripped off a quick six off the half, Ville answered with an even bigger run. All we know is that Giffey was indeed fouled and the techs/ejection upset the ebb and flow. Maybe it would've been closer, maybe not.

The biggest concern I have is that Glenn Miller didn't seem to push the right buttons once Ollie was out. Ollie won't be missing as many games as JC did, so it's not a huge concern, but Blaney was on the same page as Calhoun and did push the right buttons more often than not.

Reaction Score
The biggest concern I have is that Glenn Miller didn't seem to push the right buttons once Ollie was out. Ollie won't be missing as many games as JC did, so it's not a huge concern, but Blaney was on the same page as Calhoun and did push the right buttons more often than not.

Really? Because in 2012 we were on Blaney pretty hard about his soporific demeanor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom