UL fan here, I just wanted to say... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UL fan here, I just wanted to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
A 7 point swing, lol?

The call was pretty bad, I agree. Whether he gets a shooting foul or not is another question, but let's say it goes by last season's rules and he does. Louisville was in the midst of an 11-0 run, rife with momentum. Had Griffey made 2 or even 3, bear in mind we got two points out of the call..hardly 7.

(For the record, the non-call could also be called the "Luke Hancock Rule" who has been screwed out of that call probably 8 times this season for more egregious calls.)

Ironically, you guys played better after the crowd woke your team up. It seemed to shake up Blackshear - a 90% FT shooter - for the rest of the game from the line. Had the foul not gone the way it did, I think the margin would have been more.

Senore, you are one of the most knowledgeable posters on this board who is a fan of another team and I have great respect for you, but you're way off on this one, buddy. Sorry.

Reaction Score
The guy T'd KO before the other refs had a chance to intervene and discuss the precipitating non-call. After that first whistle, you've got to give him an opportunity to blow off steam. To justify the 2nd T on the grounds that Ollie came on the court may be strictly according to the rule book, but was very, very poor refereeing. It's the first time I've ever seen KO so angry. Maybe he needs KFree to be his Chris Dailey and restrain him like she does so often with Geno. :) I'll be very disappointed with Aresco/the league if they let this pass without review/comment.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The guy T'd KO before the other refs had a chance to intervene and discuss the precipitating non-call. After that first whistle, you've got to give him an opportunity to blow off steam. To justify the 2nd T on the grounds that Ollie came on the court may be strictly according to the rule book, but was very, very poor refereeing. It's the first time I've ever seen KO so angry. Maybe he needs KFree to be his Chris Dailey and restrain him like she does so often with Geno. :) I'll be very disappointed with Aresco/the league if they let this pass without review/comment.

HE DIDNT EVEN COME ONTO THE COURT! He was within the coaching box.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
it was bad, but the cards were outplaying us to that point anyhow, the calls just sealed the deal

I agree, Stuart needs to be reprimanded

"Reprimanded"?

What does that even mean?

He should be banned from ever reffing another AAC, or OOC game involving an AAC team, ever again.

Simple!

And, while I am at it....

Wasn't that what happened to Valentine and the BE, some years back?

What the hell is he doing reffing AAC games?

Aresco? Anybody?

Reaction Score
I really just don't get it, if I were to do something comparable at work (such as neglect putting through a trade) and lost my firm money based on something that they hired me to do and do right, i would reprimanded and hopefully fired.. I don't understand why the refs are completely immune to such accountability for their jobs. It's just plain despicable.

Reaction Score
HE DIDNT EVEN COME ONTO THE COURT! He was within the coaching box.

“Two unsportsmanlike Class A technical fouls,” referee Mike Stuart told a pool reporter. “The first one was reacting to running down the sideline. The second one was coming on the floor to protest the call.”​

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
A 7 point swing, lol?

The call was pretty bad, I agree. Whether he gets a shooting foul or not is another question, but let's say it goes by last season's rules and he does. Louisville was in the midst of an 11-0 run, rife with momentum. Had Griffey made 2 or even 3, bear in mind we got two points out of the call..hardly 7.

(For the record, the non-call could also be called the "Luke Hancock Rule" who has been screwed out of that call probably 8 times this season for more egregious calls.)

Ironically, you guys played better after the crowd woke your team up. It seemed to shake up Blackshear - a 90% FT shooter - for the rest of the game from the line. Had the foul not gone the way it did, I think the margin would have been more.

Senore my friend, on the ensuing possession Stuart called another ticky tack foul 35 feet from the hoop, presumably to see if he could start a riot. Two more made free throws

CT gets no free throws when we should of had 2 or 3, Cards get 6 free throws making 4. A 6 or 7 point deficit as opposed to a 13 point deficit and putting you into the bonus in a span of a few seconds did impact the way the game was played out.

as for the crowd, we were into it all night and would have very much been into it when Neils cuts it to 6 or 7

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
“Two unsportsmanlike Class A technical fouls,” referee Mike Stuart told a pool reporter. “The first one was reacting to running down the sideline. The second one was coming on the floor to protest the call.”​

so Stuart is a liar too, go figure

Stuart did what refs often do after they totally blow an obvious call, he compounded his mistake

Reaction Score
so Stuart is a liar too, go figure

Stuart did what refs often do after they totally blow an obvious call, he compounded his mistake

Human behavior is bizarre. That is the classic "Jim Burr" or "Karl Hess School of Reffing", lol. I've seen calls against Louisville - at our home arena - which were totally grotesque and often led to us wondering why we get treated like ragdolls at our own home.

You could be correct about the 7 point swing. I just think we were simply better that night anyway. Without the desperation caused by that swing, perhaps you guys would not have wakened up and Bazz may not have become an atomic scoring machine. Frankly, you were mailing it in right around then and had no answers. Harrell was talking about how the UConn players were arguing with each other on the court. You got focused by the event, which was hardly the case prior.

I love the series. UConn may be my favorite team to compete against, and - wow - especially in conference when there is so much at stake. The sad part is, after this, our games will be basically exhibitions. Personally, I wish the Big East had stayed intact. I always have.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Interesting very very short article about the KO ejection sequence. It's an outsider's view and it has some tweets from CBB guys and what they thought they saw. I still agree with some of the above posters that KO didn't go outside the coaching box. I was several rows above the bench, but it was directly in my line of sight. Terrible call to give the double T.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/uco...restrained-and-stalks-court-staring-down-ref/

Reaction Score
Reading some of those comments, they must have been rookies who never saw a Calhoun ejection.

Reaction Score
L'ville won because they were more aggressive, out hustled, out muscled and just plain killed us on the boards.

Without the the idiotic play by the ref, perhaps we stay close and Napier wills or miracles us to a win at the end, but it wasn't likely.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Human behavior is bizarre. That is the classic "Jim Burr" or "Karl Hess School of Reffing", lol. I've seen calls against Louisville - at our home arena - which were totally grotesque and often led to us wondering why we get treated like ragdolls at our own home.

You could be correct about the 7 point swing. I just think we were simply better that night anyway. Without the desperation caused by that swing, perhaps you guys would not have wakened up and Bazz may not have become an atomic scoring machine. Frankly, you were mailing it in right around then and had no answers. Harrell was talking about how the UConn players were arguing with each other on the court. You got focused by the event, which was hardly the case prior.

I love the series. UConn may be my favorite team to compete against, and - wow - especially in conference when there is so much at stake. The sad part is, after this, our games will be basically exhibitions. Personally, I wish the Big East had stayed intact. I always have.
Glad you stuck around. You got some raw treatment in the football forum and I was concerned how you would handle it. For the most part the football guys are less prone to emotional outbursts and derogatory comments than this forum, but their backs are up against the wall because CR has had the greatest negative impact on the football program. Furthermore a lot of those posters don't come to this forum and even if they do they probably haven't come across the posts you've made here. So it was a combo of raw nerves and sour grapes about Ville's moving on and UConn not landing in a stable conference and them not knowing you, taking you for a troll.

Most of those guys are passionate and very knowledgeable fans. Down the road you might try introducing yourself to them again, but not in a thread in which they are venting.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
"Reprimanded"?

What does that even mean?

It means he is sent a strongly worded letter. Today! He does one more time he gets put on double, secret probation.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Why would Louisville schedule a team who hates us? Keep dissing Jurich. Do your absolute worst!!

I am sure that will incline him more to play to your fairly rabid detestations. Besides, the crazed rancor of your football fans and the puerile opinions about coaches wanderings in s e x has already spoiled that well. Even I am losing sympathy.

What crawled up your butt?

As much as I personally have enjoyed being in the same conference as UL, there are several other schools I'm sure UConn would atempt to work on scheduling before Louisville.

Pitino is an ass who cheated on his wife. Deal with it. Almost every fan base has to accept fact that other fan bases hate their coach. We've been there. Pitino did this to himself.

Enjoy Bobby Petrino for the next 3 years

C

Chief00

I am in the minority granted, but I have no interest in the ACC. I think we can and will be picked up eventually by a better conference than that.

Reaction Score
Glad you stuck around. You got some raw treatment in the football forum and I was concerned how you would handle it. For the most part the football guys are less prone to emotional outbursts and derogatory comments than this forum, but their backs are up against the wall because CR has had the greatest negative impact on the football program. Furthermore a lot of those posters don't come to this forum and even if they do they probably haven't come across the posts you've made here. So it was a combo of raw nerves and sour grapes about Ville's moving on and UConn not landing in a stable conference and them not knowing you, taking you for a troll.

Most of those guys are passionate and very knowledgeable fans. Down the road you might try introducing yourself to them again, but not in a thread in which they are venting.

LOL, yeah, I won't darken that door again. That was bizarre for me. Like Jerkyl & Hyde.

To the fan who wondered what crawled up my butt, "fleur" answered perfectly. Nor is it somehow de rigeur to "hate" someone else's coach. See, that's why I wonder about all this Internet hate business. I mean, it has destroyed UK's perception.

Calhoun and Boheim are reviled by so many people - Calhoun has an especially nasty internet rep - and yet, how on earth could you ever diss his basketball acumen and the teams he put together? I prefer to enjoy the best. Hating suddenly removes what these men's strengths are simply to make you somehow feel better. It's just a strange dynamic, altogether. I prefer to learn and forgive. Besides, it;s more modern.

And if you don't think Pitino or Petrino are among the best, you would join a pretty small fraternity of haters. I enjoyed Petrino when he was here last time and I'll really enjoy the Prodigal Son's return. Count on it.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
LOL, yeah, I won't darken that door again. That was bizarre for me. Like Jerkyl & Hyde.

To the fan who wondered what crawled up my butt, "fleur" answered perfectly. Nor is it somehow de rigeur to "hate" someone else's coach. See, that's why I wonder about all this Internet hate business. I mean, it has destroyed UK's perception.

Calhoun and Boheim are reviled by so many people - Calhoun has an especially nasty internet rep - and yet, how on earth could you ever diss his basketball acumen and the teams he put together? I prefer to enjoy the best. Hating suddenly removes what these men's strengths are simply to make you somehow feel better. It's just a strange dynamic, altogether. I prefer to learn and forgive. Besides, it;s more modern.

And if you don't think Pitino or Petrino are among the best, you would join a pretty small fraternity of haters. I enjoyed Petrino when he was here last time and I'll really enjoy the Prodigal Son's return. Count on it.

Sorry I didn't realize you got attacked on the football board. I know you are a good poster.

I was just trying to say that at this point we should all be able to ignore when our coaches get attacked. Both our fan bases should be used to it by now. I think we should also be able to realize why this happens.

I respect Pitino. I think he is one of the best in the business today and one of the best all time.

Petrino on the other hand, I realize he is good, but sorry can't respect that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom