Uh oh.......Lakers coming calling | The Boneyard

Uh oh.......Lakers coming calling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just read this too......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......John please jump on it........The reason they are courting Ollie is to pursue Durant in the future...no Ollie is ours

Reaction Score
The Lakers can say they want whoever, it doesn't mean the job is as attractive as they think--or there's mutual interest. If Ollie was more than a few years in I might be a little worried but this is zero cause for concern at this point in time.

Reaction Score
The Lakers can say they want whoever, it doesn't mean the job is as attractive as they think--or there's mutual interest. If Ollie was more than a few years in I might be a little worried but this is zero cause for concern at this point in time.
not sure how you can say that...they'll throw a ton of $ at this next hire. i'm not saying he's interested per se, but why wouldn't he listen?

Reaction Score
not sure how you can say that...they'll throw a ton of $ at this next hire. i'm not saying he's interested per se, but why wouldn't he listen?
I don't know if he'll listen or not, but I have a strong feeling he is more interesting in mentoring young men and to continue to build a successful UConn program. The college game will allow him to influence scores of different young men every few years. In the NBA, he would have little control over who plays for him, plus most of those players likely have little interest in someone helping them in anything other than basketball. I just don't think that's what KO wants to sign on for at this stage of his life.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
KO is a man of faith and he tells this to recruits daily. What kind of faithful man bolts like that?

EDIT...lol, I just read the beginning of the article and KO is the first coach option named. :mad:

Reaction Score
KO is a man of faith and he tells this to recruits daily. What kind of faithful man bolts like that?
Come on. Coaching is now his profession. He has an obligation to his family. He may decide that staying at UConn, his alma mater is in the best interest of his family. Let's not start turning this into a moral debate so we can bash afterwards if he decides to leave.

Reaction Score
I have a hard time thinking they would hire KO. The Lakers are one of the marquee franchises in the NBA. We all think KO is great, and he won a championship in only his second year of coaching, but does anyone think they're going to give a guy who has only 2 years of college coaching experience that job? I just have a hard time believing that.

KO has to listen though if the Lakers come calling.

By the way my mind keeps coming back to all the naysayers who said Ollie was doomed to fail with that short term contract he initially signed. Look at him now. He certainly proved them all wrong. If you want a good laugh read this article from Jeff Goodman.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...with-these-huskies-ollies-odds-dont-look-good

At least to his credit he did say, "I believe Ollie will someday be a star in this business. He has the pedigree, the work ethic and the knowledge." He just didn't think it would be now.

Reaction Score
Yuck, but on bright side
1. Adds more credence to Rex Chapman's leak that Calimari would be coaching the Lakers
2. Derek Fisher is a better choice in terms of pleasing both Kobe and luring KD
3. Van Gundy makes a ton of sense and is a less risky higher. KO makes a splash but other than the Olliewood marketing the natural fit parts are missing.
4. The lucky-sperm-club Buss generation seems to be more bungling than smart, hopefully they don't go for the great coach, better person choice.
EDIT
5. This is the leverage KO needs AND USES to lock up a long-term deal at UConn

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Let's hope they land Calimari. Then, of course, Ken$ucky comes calling for Ollie. Hmm... Not sure I like that either LOL...

Reaction Score
I have a hard time thinking they would hire KO. The Lakers are one of the marquee franchises in the NBA. We all think KO is great, and he won a championship in only his second year of coaching, but does anyone think they're going to give a guy who has only 2 years of college coaching experience that job? I just have a hard time believing that.

By the way my mind keeps coming back to all the naysayers who said Ollie was doomed to fail with that short term contract he initially signed. Look at him now. He certainly proved them all wrong. If you want a good laugh read this article from Jeff Goodman.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...with-these-huskies-ollies-odds-dont-look-good

At least to his credit he did say, "I believe Ollie will someday be a star in this business. He has the pedigree, the work ethic and the knowledge." He just didn't think it would be now.

"Just look at this roster. It's the UConn junior varsity squad." - Jeff Goodman, on the Uconn roster that was 18 months away from winning a national championship.

Reaction Score
This will spur UConn to hav a deal done in the next 48 hours.
10 years 30 million should get it done.:) 5mil a year the first 5 years because of our Paltry TV revenue deal.

Reaction Score

this article right here should be the definitive piece on why no one should ever take Goodman's basketball opinions seriously. dude was wrong on damn near everything, even took a shot at TSam when he wound up being a legit difference maker in 3 tourney games as a freshmen.

Reaction Score
How old are Ollie's kids? Are they still in school? If his kids are still in school I can't see him leaving.
Yes, Ollie's kids are still in school. His son is I think a junior at Glastonbury High and his daughter is in middle school. But remember that when he was in the NBA his wife and kids were living in Glastonbury the whole time. That has to be tough but he figured that was better than moving them every year since I think he only had one multi-year contract (Sixers, I believe).

Reaction Score
this article right here should be the definitive piece on why no one should ever take Goodman's basketball opinions seriously. dude was wrong on damn near everything, even took a shot at TSam when he wound up being a legit difference maker in 3 tourney games as a freshmen.

Goodman is dishonest. He invents sources and the writes stories that show he's guessing without researching. He's a hack.

Reaction Score
The Lakers and Celtics are the most historic franchises in the league, they both suck right now, but are quick fixes and any coach listens when they call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom