Uh oh.......Lakers coming calling | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Uh oh.......Lakers coming calling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Your comment about KO being a "man of faith" combined with Kevin Durant's known and strong grounding in his own faith combined with his strong relationship with KO make, imo, this a VERY dangerous situation for UCONN. I don't want to turn this into a discussion about faith,religion or whatever; but, the involvement of that aspect of KO's life in most of what he does and how he lives combined, as I said, with his relationship with Durant; and quite possibly the types of players the Lakers want to draw to the organization(with winning championships again a big part of the agenda) make this a situation where no UCONN fan should feel comfortable or confident that he is locked in to Storrs. What could quite possibly bode well for us keeping KO(besides the already discussed commitment he has shown toward the university) is that KO and Kobe Bryant,imo, would never, ever work well together..polar opposites!

GO HUSKIES!!!
2014 NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
UCONN_2014.jpg
having to coach Russell Westbrook might cause even the most devout man to lose all faith in what's good...

I don't think Ollie is leaving because I don't think he think's he's ready for the NBA, especially if Warde makes him a $3M coach. However, if Uconn is not in or invited to a power conference in two years, Ollie is gone. Either to a P5 program or to the NBA

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This is where it's good to have a man of faith on payroll. He not some shuckster. He knows he's having an impact on kids lives here and he's making millions doing it. The NBA will still be out there in 5-10 years. He's not leaving.

Substitute "man of honor" for "man of faith" and I'm with you.

Faith has a great way of excusing many behaviors and actions. Joel Osteen says God wants us all to be rich. God speaks to many people in many different ways. So it seems. I'm not saying being religious makes you less credible, but I don't think it makes you more credible either.

I like Ollie's religiousness. Great for recruiting. I like him more because he's a great guy.

U

UCONNfan1

Don't want Shaka Smart or even think of anyone but KO……..we need to keep the family together. He's not going anywhere for a long time! No worries……..
I agree. I'm kind of stunned some are so worried. I was watching ESPN the other day (yeah i know - they can be a bunch of maroons too), but I think it was the NBA crew with Barkley and while all of them had great things to say about Ollie, he was pretty much dismissed as having any shot, or even being seriously considered. And they also said it's not a job that anyone would really want at this moment, unless the owners and fans are prepared for a serious 2 year slump.

The Lakers won't be any better next year or probably the year after, but eventually they will start to rise again. If Ollie eventually wants to be in the NBA there is plenty of time for that. I agree that he's ours for at least the next 5 years and possibly 7-10 years if not longer. Some coaches just aren't built to deal with the primma donna attitudes and politics involved in the NBA, even if the money is more. I honestly don't think Ollie has the temperament/desire to be a NBA coach.

But hey, I don't know the guy and could be way off. We will see. for now enjoy!!!

Reaction Score
If KO does leave, I think it will be a sign that UConn will not be getting out of this midmajor conference anytime soon.

Reaction Score
Silk City said:
Listening is different from mutual interest. Anyone who's ever talked to a hot girl at the bar can probably relate

I usually try to stand on my wallet. ;)

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
KO is like the guy that goes around sleeping with a bunch of women thats ready to settle down, with the girl he loved all along his hs sweetheart.

Reaction Score
Freescooter has a better chance of Warde buying him dinner than KO leaving. I mean that. There is zero chance he leaves....in the near term.

Do you think money is more important to KO than seeing his school's athletic department fail? (It is vital our BB programs keep our brand visible until we get the call for CR...not if, but when)

Do you think he would be able to look JC (our JC) in the eye and say "...but Jim, they offered me more money than God has...."

Do you think he can turn his back on Boat after encouraging him to stay?

Do you think KO is money driven? I'm guessing with his conservative lifestyle, he has banked quite a bit of his NBA money.

IMO, KO believes his calling is to guide young men on a path that will make their lives, and their families lives, better.

So much drama.....when there really isn't any. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Ollie has to decide quickly. We have a key recruit that hasn't signed an LOI and is probably seeing his texts blow up.

It doesn't really matter if he is signed or not. If Ollie leaves, so will he.

Reaction Score
This thread is a hot steamy pile.

Get the pooper scooper- u all need to relax.

Reaction Score
I have no doubt KO earned everything he's got. But JC did play a major role in his life and got him his UConn head coaching job. WM wanted to do a national search if you remembered.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Ollie doesn't have the warmest of feelings toward Manuel, with that 7 month contract Stop.

Reaction Score
And I wouldn't be surprised if Ollie doesn't have the warmest of feelings toward Manuel, with that 7 month contract bull .
No way, with his limited college coaching experience he was thrilled just to have the shot, believe me. he's going NOWHERE.

Reaction Score
This is going to happen every year so I'm going to not worry about it til something happens. We have one of the most desirable coaches in the country, who wouldn't want him?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can't hep but think some will use this as an excuse for why KO wasn't the right choice for the job.

Some would think that KO winning the NC in his first try and thus becoming a hot commodity is a reason he wasn't the right choice? Brilliant!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Your comment about KO being a "man of faith" combined with Kevin Durant's known and strong grounding in his own faith combined with his strong relationship with KO make, imo, this a VERY dangerous situation for UCONN. I don't want to turn this into a discussion about faith,religion or whatever; but, the involvement of that aspect of KO's life in most of what he does and how he lives combined, as I said, with his relationship with Durant; and quite possibly the types of players the Lakers want to draw to the organization(with winning championships again a big part of the agenda) make this a situation where no UCONN fan should feel comfortable or confident that he is locked in to Storrs. What could quite possibly bode well for us keeping KO(besides the already discussed commitment he has shown toward the university) is that KO and Kobe Bryant,imo, would never, ever work well together..polar opposites!

Pretty sure Ollie's relationship with Calhoun far exceeds that with Durant. JC: Mentor, father figure, and a man he owes an enormous debt to (according to Ollie).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Substitute "man of honor" for "man of faith" and I'm with you.

Faith has a great way of excusing many behaviors and actions. Joel Osteen says God wants us all to be rich. God speaks to many people in many different ways. So it seems. I'm not saying being religious makes you less credible, but I don't think it makes you more credible either.

I like Ollie's religiousness. Great for recruiting. I like him more because he's a great guy.

Or honorable. Or a good person.

But your last line is spot on. Ollie is a great person.

Reaction Score
Some would think that KO winning the NC in his first try and thus becoming a hot commodity is a reason he wasn't the right choice? Brilliant!

Based on some some of the brilliant thoughts/posts here, yes. I mean there were some agreeing with mushdick on his grammar bs, so nothing would surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom