Ugh, I hate Syracuse and I hate ESPN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ugh, I hate Syracuse and I hate ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Didn't Tom Jurich convince the ACC they had a better womens basketball program than UConn.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
OK, 4-1 is bad enough, but if we're talking both sports, 14-1 is just off the charts (soon the be 15-1)

getting two teams to the final four is pretty darn good, we did that 3 times, but both teams winning championships is what matters most

they're getting a goose egg

Reaction Score
Short Dyck Syndrome.

I doubt either of their teams have that problem.:oops:

But seriously let the have their fun for now, they deserve it, well at least their women do and their Napolean acting HC. Not sure which coach I hate more - yes I am.

Reaction Score
Have to do what more than once? They haven't done anything, UConn won dual championships twice. There is a zero percent chance of Syracuse doing that once.
Exactly. Tweeted last night that title remains in Storrs until Orange wins both in same year. Too many SU alums in ESPN.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

You have to do this more than once to take this crown away from us. Also the Syracuse girls and going to go into a buzzsaw when they play us. Syracuse is no where near a mecca until both teams win the championship on multiple occasions.

Can I say I hate Syracuse one more time?

Lol. Golly you ESPN sycophants, do you think they should win men's and women's NCs in the same year at least once before we go there?

This kind of jumping the gun reeks of a lack of confidence to me. So they sneak it in while they can.

14 > 1.

K

KembaBazz

No offense tzz, but that part exceedingly obvious. There is a 0.00% chance they win the women's tournament.

The UConn Women are like the optional uber boss fight in a video game that's 100x more difficult than anything else in that game. They just exist on their own plane, almost separate from the rest of what's going on and what they're supposed to be involved with.

Reaction Score
Speaking of women's basketball, for some reason the UCONN women's basketball fans don't really hate Syracuse and they hate Tennessee or South Carolina more.

Reaction Score
Speaking of women's basketball, for some reason the UCONN women's basketball fans don't really hate Syracuse and they hate Tennessee or South Carolina more.

Different world. Cuse women have never been a player until this run, just another chewbone for the women's Huskies. Tennessee was the payer, that's long gone. USC has now proved they probably won't get there. ND is the only one with any reason to dislike and even that's not much of a concern. They should love mostly everyone.

Reaction Score

I think the women have only lost to them once in the last 2o years, a big upset back when Jen Rizzotti was playing. Maybe there was another one when we had a down year, but there isn't much reason to hate a bug when you're the windshield. Don't think there's any hatred for South Carolina, either - they've only been #2 the last two years and we whomped them both times. We don't hate South Florida on the men's side -- and that's pretty much the equivalent of everyone our women play.

Tennessee. yes. Notre Dame, yes - they owned us for a little while. Rutgers and Duke were a bit of a pain for a short stretch, but that passed.

Reaction Score
OK, 4-1 is bad enough, but if we're talking both sports, 14-1 is just off the charts (soon the be 15-1)

getting two teams to the final four is pretty darn good, we did that 3 times, but both teams winning championships is what matters most

they're getting a goose egg

Actually, we've done it 4 times [2004 (dual champs), 2009 (women's champs, men's FF), 2011 (women's FF, men's champs), and 2014 (dual champs)]

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to the women competing for another National Championship
Dude, the UConn women don't "compete" for championships. They dominate them and win them in bunches.

Reaction Score
Somebody needs to create a meme-generator that would allow us to insert voice-bubbles into that picture. I can think of several funny things to insert already.

Reaction Score
Dude, the UConn women don't "compete" for championships. They dominate them and win them in bunches.
yea, I get it. I was at UConn shortly after he got there. Thanks for pointing that out though.

Reaction Score

You are sooo wrong. Tenn yes, USCe no, not yet.

Reaction Score

You have to do this more than once to take this crown away from us. Also the Syracuse girls and going to go into a buzzsaw when they play us. Syracuse is no where near a mecca until both teams win the championship on multiple occasions.

Can I say I hate Syracuse one more time?

They haven't even won the championships yet. ESPN is just looking for clicks. Nothing to see here

Reaction Score
How many here wished we closed on Malachi? Thats a big time half for anyone.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
How many here wished we closed on Malachi? Thats a big time half for anyone.

I wish he pronounced his name how it is spelled as it always harkens back to the Fonz avoiding the brother " crunch" on that demolition derby episode of happy days.

Reaction Score
I wish he pronounced his name how it is spelled as it always harkens back to the Fonz avoiding the brother " crunch" on that demolition derby episode of happy days.

People pronounce "Malachi" differently?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
C'mon, the Orange Crushed only need another 14 titles, and, oh by the way, zero UCONN titles in the interim, to take the crown. I'm not saying it can't be done, but let's just say that everyone currently posting on this board will be long dead, and possibly all of our children, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren, by the unlikely day it happens, but hey, it could happen someday.

Whoops, check that, after next Tuesday night, they'll have to add another one to that total, so they'll need 15 more to add to their one. What? Auriemma isn't retiring any time soon? Better make that about 20, just to be absolutely sure.

They must be sooooo proud of this man!

Reaction Score
Syracuse gets into the tournament because Boeheim was suspended for 9 games and they feel it affected their team? He was suspended because they cheated. It's like the story of the young man who murders his parents and asks for leniency because he is an orphan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom