UCONN's Mt. Rushmore | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN's Mt. Rushmore

Who should be the 4th player on UCONN's Mt. Rushmore?

• Tina Charles

• Rebecca Lobo

• Kerry Bascomb

• Sue Bird

• Moriah Jefferson

• Nykesha Sales

• Svetlana Abrosimova

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
I couldn't rationally decide, so I just choose my favourite (Sveta).

SNY recently did a "Best of the Best" segment. Although I won't identify their actual list, I can say Rizzotti made the top 10 over Sveta, otherwise the players you listed in your poll match their Top 10.

I am not surprised Bird and Lobo are the most popular choices. The show also had them ranked 4th and 5th.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would be inclined to leave the fourth spot vacant until another transcendent player
comes along.

Nah. Build a bigger monument.

Just because there were only 4 good presidents* doesnt mean we need to recognize only 4 Huskies.

*KIDDING :p NO POLITICS

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It looks like a two player race between Lobo and Bird. I suppose voters have different reasons for voting for one player and not the other/another. I stand corrected. I always thought that there were 4 players already enshrined. Moriah Jefferson is my favorite guard. She did everything (score, pass, defend), and she was part of 4 NC's. She didn't win them by herself, but she was a MAJOR contributor of each one. No other UConn guard has done that before or since.

It would appear that there is a consensus of who the 3 are. I guess the 4th would have to reach the heights of play and success that those 3 did for serious consideration. That's a tall order, but so is getting on the mount. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think you should re-do the poll, but put all 5 of them up at once. I think people got tired out and I think it took you almost 5 weeks to do all 5...
I'll probably do it again next off season. Collier and KLS should probably move up. And if Dangerfield makes AA, we can add her in.

I tried to spread it out to take up more of the offseason. But yea maybe all at once might work better. ???

Reaction Score
My pick is Lobo. If we’re strictly speaking about UConn careers, then she’s the 4th. She averaged a double-double her So & Jr years and almost averaged a double-double during her Sr year. She shot 50%+ from the field her last two season, including 35% from beyond the arc her final season. For a kid that primarily played the center position, that’s pretty good. Until Stewie broke the record, she was also UConn’s all time leader in blocked shots. The only thing that she could’ve done better was her FT% (around 68% her last season). She has a positive assist-to-turnover ratio during her senior season, and she’s a huge part of why they went 35-0 and won their first national championship. Tina shot an incredible fg% and was a rebounding machine, but she never had a positive assist-to-turnover ratio and she was nowhere near Lobo’s record for blocks. Bird and Jefferson were both great passers and could score the ball, too. But neither had the kind of impact on the program that Lobo did. I think a lot are also thinking about what the other players on this list did AFTER UConn, which is admittedly hard to separate from who they were in college. Also, considering how much Geno praises Lobo for everything she did on and off the court during her time at Connecticut (and after she graduated; all that she did for women’s basketball as a whole) she really should be getting more attention.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom