UConn's Big East Rival Will Be ............ | Page 15 | The Boneyard

UConn's Big East Rival Will Be ............

Reaction Score

The steal by Murdoch was nice, the toy lame, the cake very lame and jealousy labeled. Only a PC fan would call this move ingenious. It was so ingenious I never even heard about it. But did I hear about PC fans eating yellow sponge cake after a game? Hmmmm

Reaction Score
They have it to spend. I meant much bigger for us. I thought Clemson was like 1.2.

Clemson is paying Troy $1.5 million....costs have gone up to buy games .

Clemson has cheaper fill ins from in-state schools....Furman, The Citadel, etc.

Reaction Score
The steal by Murdoch was nice, the toy lame, the cake very lame and jealousy labeled. Only a PC fan would call this move ingenious. It was so ingenious I never even heard about it. But did I hear about PC fans eating yellow sponge cake after a game? Hmmmm
I dunno, I find the urinal cake prank pretty funny. I'd love it if I heard about Boeheim cakes in the Carrier Dome urinals.

However, if I heard about whoever-PC's-coach-is cakes in the Dunk, I'd just be like, "Why? Who cares?"

Reaction Score

I wonder, if Big East teams "dominated other conferences in OOC" and "were solid top to bottom"...in the last NCAA, why no BE team made the Sweet 16 ?

Is it really favorable computer algorithmns ?

.....the Big East tournament record was 1-4.

To me...solid would look more like the ACC's tourney record last year...

Five to the Sweet 16, two to the Elte Eight...one National Champion.

Reaction Score

Here's a few the PC manly men during warm-ups! I'm scared already. (shudder)

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In 2018...Nova's NC year...One BE team (Nova) made it to the sweet 16 and it was Nova....who went on through to win it.

In 2017...it was Xavier who made the Sweet 16 (lost).

In 2016....Nova made the Sweet 16 and won it all.

Looks like one strong team has come out of the Big East in each of the last three tourneys.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In 2018...Nova's NC year...One BE team (Nova) made it to the sweet 16 and it was Nova....who went on through to win it.

In 2017...it was Xavier who made the Sweet 16 (lost).

In 2016....Nova made the Sweet 16 and won it all.

Looks like one strong team has come out of the Big East in each of the last three tourneys.
What conference would UConn rather be in?

Reaction Score
What conference would UConn rather be in?

Just responding to Friar's posr...

I admit that I can't tell a strong team from a bagel...but his assertions in his post do not seem to play out in tournament reality.

Already posted that UConn is better off in the Big East...but am not convinced that the conference is a juggernaut. Yes...the conference has had NC success with Nova,,,hopefully the Huskies will elbow in to the top of the BE.

Reaction Score
@Zissou, my buddy posted a picture of himself social distancing with his 96 year old father who is wearing a Nova basketball shirt. So we started talking hoops. I knew they had a connection with Wright through Tom Pecora. Wright has gotten them tix to the final 4 and still calls my friend's 96 year old dad to check in on him frequently. Jay is one of the good guys in sports and pure class.

Reaction Score
I actually am well prepared to be a fan of the Big East....

I still know the holy days, the altar boy's responses in the mass in latin, had 12 years of parochial education...although I haven't been in a church for nigh 50 years...it would be a homecoming of sorts.

Bless me Father for I have sinned...my last confession was when Lyndon Johnson was in office....

Reaction Score
Wait a second JB how would you know if it's more fun with them than a Houston or Tulsa fan? I mean we never saw a fan here did we from the AAC minus kobe of Cincy? :D
Lol. Very true. I stand corrected

Reaction Score
Ok. Fair enough. I’ll engage in the bait so those beneath us can have some fun. Lol. All good. This year shud be a blast.

Reaction Score
I would have rooted for the Taliban over Syracuse. And going forward I won’t be pulling for Nova or St John’s unless they are playing Duke or Syracuse. It’s been tough sledding rooting for AAC teams in Match. Granted we were no help of late.
Fair enough about cuse. Especially since they moved to acc. Aac teams I wud only root for slightly - but no reason to not root for big East teams /local teams now. It’s good for UConn too and boosts our region. Why wud u root for a team like -let’s say - Arizona or tennesse over St. John’s or seton hall? (Unless it’s bc) then all bets are off. But no need to worry, BC has been such trash since they left big East except that one year in like 2006 when they had Craig smith, Jared Dudley and sean Marshall. I’ll always represent the East /northeast - why wud u not?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
We wanted UConn back. We are glad to have you back.
Are you speaking on behalf of the entire conference or have you decided on addressing us in the first person plural from here on out?

Reaction Score
Are you speaking on behalf of the entire conference or have you decided on addressing us in the first person plural from here on out?
Yes

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Providence Avg. Weight = 206 lbs
UConn Avg Weight = 198 lbs

8 lbs...really? You think that’s the difference between a man and a pencil show? That quality Providence education speaking volumes let me tell ya.

Reaction Score
Providence Avg. Weight = 206 lbs
UConn Avg Weight = 198 lbs

8 lbs...really? You think that’s the difference between a man and a pencil show? That quality Providence education speaking volumes let me tell ya.
Well what do you expect from a school that teaches that there's a man in the sky who controls the universe?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom