Uconn's AD Mount Rushmore | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconn's AD Mount Rushmore

Reaction Score
If Uconn were to build their version of an AD Mount Rushmore in Storrs, who is in?
Only get 4 spots (really two)

1. Auriemma (obvious #1)
2. Calhoun (obvious #1a giving nod to Geno's dominance)
3. Ray
4. Lobo, Herbst, or Orlovsky? too soon for Benefict I think.
It's UConn or UCONN.

images

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You’re gonna need a bigger mountain.

Hugh Greer has to be there. Nancy Stevens has to be there. Taurasi or Stewart or Taurasi and Stewart have to be there. Joe Morrone has to be there.

Lew Perkins - no. John Toner - holy cow, yes. Calhoun, Auriemma, the Big East, women’s varsity sports, Gampel....John Toner won the first John L. Toner Award - do you know how hard it is to win an award that’s named after you? Really hard.

Reaction Score
I'd put Kemba, Bazz, or Rip over Ray. Ray was great here, obviously. But Donyell was better and neither 'Yell or Ray took us to where we needed to go at that time. Both choked away their final games and right or wrong, that memory stays. Bazz and Kemba were obviously monsters here; Kemba two final fours, Bazz two championships. Rip was our first promised land guy. NBA success means little to me in this scenario, so given the complete body of work, I feel like Bazz should be the player rep w/ Geno, JC, and.... John Toner hired JC, Geno, and got us into the Big East. That's gotta be something, no?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Ray has had the best NBA career but no final fours and 1 BE champ? Cmonnnnnn

Reaction Score
John Toner. Dee Rowe. Jim Calhoun. Geno. Numerous men's and women's BB players. George Springer. Walt Dropo.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Selvie, Mandeldove, McEntee and Olander.

You can't have McEntee without Caroline Doty, who did the companion piece to his trick passing video, the trick BB shot video, which was just as well done as Johnny's.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Diaco, with cranberry pants.

Tops the UCONN Wall of Shame, with no close second. He's in a class by himself...single handedly turned FBS football program into FCS program. That takes talent.

Reaction Score
John Toner. Dee Rowe. Jim Calhoun. Geno. Numerous men's and women's BB players. George Springer. Walt Dropo.

Should do a "builder's" mountain and then a player's mountain. If we go 4, then I'm with you with JC, Geno, Toner, and either Rowe/Greer. Player's are much more difficult. I'd go Bazz and Rip with Stewart and Taurasi if I'm being equitable. Ray, Donyell, Kemba and some others were better than Bazz, but Bazz was the 6th men on one natty and the star of the other. Nobody else can compare to that.

Reaction Score
Should do a "builder's" mountain and then a player's mountain. If we go 4, then I'm with you with JC, Geno, Toner, and either Rowe/Greer. Player's are much more difficult. I'd go Bazz and Rip with Stewart and Taurasi if I'm being equitable. Ray, Donyell, Kemba and some others were better than Bazz, but Bazz was the 6th men on one natty and the star of the other. Nobody else can compare to that.
Good list. I think we need an alumni game this summer (I forget if last one was 2yrs ago or not, either way need it), we can vote or arm wrestle to decide mountains & placements at the Mohegan.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Vance Sr and Oriakhi's old man

Reaction Score
Dee Rowe should be on the Mt Rushmore of all time great people. But his career as a coach at UConn is very average. I know that the times were different but KO’s “accomplishments” were comparable. His personality and longevity create a sense of coaching prowess that frankly isn’t supported by the results.

Great guy. Loved by all. Doesn’t remotely belong as a Husky of Honor much less on UConn’s Mt Rushmore.

Reaction Score
Dee Rowe should be on the Mt Rushmore of all time great people. But his career as a coach at UConn is very average. I know that the times were different but KO’s “accomplishments” were comparable. His personality and longevity create a sense of coaching prowess that frankly isn’t supported by the results.

Great guy. Loved by all. Doesn’t remotely belong as a Husky of Honor much less on UConn’s Mt Rushmore.
Well, with no Dee Rowe, no JC. He was one of the key figures in bringing him in, and played a big role in helping form the BE, and getting UC in. That alone puts him in.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Mac and cheese boy gets my vote.

Guess things are back to normal.
This is a happier place, isn't it? And in off moments we can watch some pretty good basketball. Just need a few more HOF coaches to go down before the Final 4.

As to Mac 'n Cheese Boy, I'd say keep the 4th slot blank in honor or pending discovery of Makers Muppet. Either that or a Mojo Mt Rushmore that includes Señor Testiculo and who else?

Reaction Score
Well, with no Dee Rowe, no JC. He was one of the key figures in bringing him in, and played a big role in helping form the BE, and getting UC in. That alone puts him in.
Well using that logic maybe Corny Thompson. No Corny no good ECAC teams and no Big East invite. No Big East maybe no Calhoun?

Reaction Score
If Uconn were to build their version of an AD Mount Rushmore in Storrs, who is in?
Only get 4 spots (really two)

1. Auriemma (obvious #1)
2. Calhoun (obvious #1a giving nod to Geno's dominance)
3. Ray
4. Lobo, Herbst, or Orlovsky? too soon for Benefict I think.
Of all those names id definitely bang the heck out of Herbst.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom