UConn wins | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn wins

Reaction Score
Get your money down now...

Early Vegas odds...Fresno State is at -27

Reaction Score
Thank you for reaching out. I cheer for and have held season tickets at various points to all major sports at UConn. I don’t have some weird hatred to any teams like you seem to have for basketball. I love UConn football. I want them to win every game they play. I however understand there is one game they have a remote chance in winning this season. This team won two games two years and hasn’t played since. I think a real success will be to force any FBS team they play to punt.
I'm guessing you didn't even look at the 4 games UMASS played last year.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I know you can smoke weed legally now in CT but dude take it easy with the stuff

moment describe GIF

I live in Massachusetts! We've been legal for a few years now.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So are you also predicting one win?

Nope - I predicted 4. Though that's probably against my better judgment. I think (hope) they'll win HC, Yale, UMass and steal one more.

They are 3-21 last two seasons and a year removed from playing any games. The odds makers have us pegged for 2.5 and only favorites in 1 game.

Reaction Score
I’ll guarantee that the odds makers couldn’t even name the Yale head coach, never mind know enough about the program to tell you what their personnel is like. Probably don’t realize that Yale hasn’t played for a year either. Or that the seniors on last years team are gone since the Ivy doesn’t give an extra year of eligibility. But yeah, they’re favored…

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I’ll guarantee that the odds makers couldn’t even name the Yale head coach, never mind know enough about the program to tell you what their personnel is like. Probably don’t realize that Yale hasn’t played for a year either. Or that the seniors on last years team are gone since the Ivy doesn’t give an extra year of eligibility. But yeah, they’re favored…

Yeah the odds makers don't know anything but the folks on here who have predicted 7 wins a season every year the last decade are right.

Reaction Score
We have people "predicting" a loss to freaking Holy Cross. If we lose to Holy Cross......

Still, goes to show how dumb many "predictions" (or trash talking, actually) go.

Reaction Score
moment describe GIF

I live in Massachusetts! We've been legal for a few years now.
I am hearing CT medical MJ is third world compared to what MA sells to the public.

UMass might be decent in football one day. Hard to say not being a MAC member was the best course of action.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Nope - I predicted 4. Though that's probably against my better judgment. I think (hope) they'll win HC, Yale, UMass and steal one more.

They are 3-21 last two seasons and a year removed from playing any games. The odds makers have us pegged for 2.5 and only favorites in 1 game.
I guess you are over the top also with your predictions.

My point was.....saying UConn will have one win when they play two FCS teams is ridiculously pessimistic.

Reaction Score
I guess you are over the top also with your predictions.

My point was.....saying UConn will have one win when they play two FCS teams is ridiculously pessimistic.
I dunno. If they played in an FCS conference with this team, would UConn be above 0.500 this year? Hard to tell, really. I predicted that UConn would win two out of three from HC, YU, and UMass. I will be open to changing my mind after the first two games. Data trump speculation, the latter of which at the moment is all we have right now.

Reaction Score
And we gave UCF their only conference loss in 2014. Equally relevant to a game in 2021.
Yale now has same coach as in 2014: Tony Reno. 2019 team was very competitive, more so than in 2014.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I dunno. If they played in an FCS conference with this team, would UConn be above 0.500 this year? Hard to tell, really. I predicted that UConn would win two out of three from HC, YU, and UMass. I will be open to changing my mind after the first two games. Data trump speculation, the latter of which at the moment is all we have right now.
I do agree "it's hard to tell". But yes....I do think they would be over .500 in an FCS conference.

I really do think it's very fair to expect progress this year. In 2017, Edsall still had some PP players...and the team was bad but not awful. PP sucked, but he brought decent talent in. In 2018, the team was awful. Pretty much all Diaco players. 1 win only and it was an FCS team. In 2019, the team showed some progress...but the Edsall players were still young...and true freshman were playing. They beat the only FCS team they played....and they best UMass by 20 on the road.

In 2021, Diacos FCS players are gone....edsalls recruits are older and he won't be playing true freshman unless they are ready. UConn plays 2 FCS teams and UMass again. Seems fair to think they will have more than one win....no?

Reaction Score
I do agree "it's hard to tell". But yes....I do think they would be over .500 in an FCS conference.

I really do think it's very fair to expect progress this year. In 2017, Edsall still had some PP players...and the team was bad but not awful. PP sucked, but he brought decent talent in. In 2018, the team was awful. Pretty much all Diaco players. 1 win only and it was an FCS team. In 2019, the team showed some progress...but the Edsall players were still young...and true freshman were playing. They beat the only FCS team they played....and they best UMass by 20 on the road.

In 2021, Diacos FCS players are gone....edsalls recruits are older and he won't be playing true freshman unless they are ready. UConn plays 2 FCS teams and UMass again. Seems fair to think they will have more than one win....no?
Well said and very fair analysis. The obvious is it’s very difficult to predict what this team will do based off 2019 and a year off. Any prediction is speculative at best. It’s a new season and I choose optimism. I respect any and everyone who takes the wait and see approach and the others who want the program to fold. To each his own

Fortunately our players and coaches seem to have avoided the fan sentiment of “we suck, don’t bother showing up.” If that were the case we wouldn’t be recruiting at a better clip and quite frankly there would be nothing to look forward to on Aug 28th. One must admit, the physical gains made indicate a commitment to the sport and the upcoming season. As fans, we should at minimum embrace that.

Fans cheer or boo and players just play.

Happy 4th my friends!

Reaction Score

I can’t remember who the poster was, but a while back somebody periodically posted a breakdown of the roster by offers out of high school (fcs, fbs, p5, etc). I’d be curious what that would look like today vs the past few years.

Reaction Score
We have people "predicting" a loss to freaking Holy Cross. If we lose to Holy Cross......

Still, goes to show how dumb many "predictions" (or trash talking, actually) go.
We will, are, going to be faster, stronger, a year more mature, and the same coaching staff/playbook/continuity is all a very big deal, can't help be better IMHO.
However, regarding Holy Cross, they had, what I consider a big advantage in that they Played 4 games this past Spring, finished 3-1, while we didn't finish Spring Practice, and HC traveled to,( and lost to), the eventual 1-AA Playoff runner-up ( lost 30 something to 3) at South Dakota State.
Traveling 6,000 round trip miles to play an unknown, perhaps in humid, hot as Hades Fresno State, and coming back to play a noon game the following Saturday, against a veteran Cross team..., I expect a battle. Of course, what happens at Fresno, (no significant injuries please), will play a big psychological part.
The only thing I "know" for sure is, for me, it's all a Big unknown. What an interesting season coming up. I'll be in the stands on September 4 to cheer the Dawgs on. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Holy Cross.....
.....Odds Shark predicted score...UConn 16.2--HC 11.9....bettable spread not yet posted....probable W

and search me how those numbers work....

Reaction Score
Traveling 6,000 round trip miles to play an unknown, perhaps in humid, hot as Hades Fresno State,
Yeah noticed that too regarding a big factor in the opener. Cranking up to 110+ this week out there and what's a "cool" day in Aug, about 95 ? Hope that 11am start time helps a little.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If they can hang tough with Fresno St that says a lot. That says the year layoff was worth it. Squeaking out a win would be gravy but losing a close one(3-7 points) shows they are on the right track. But the heat, who is quarterbacking, rust from not hitting anyone but each other, that will all play into it.

If they can hang with the Bulldogs I can see wins vs Yale, Holy Cross, the Minutemen, Wyoming, and Middle Tenn St. Beat Vandy(and you'll have a Tenn sweep) and Army, your bowl eligible. If they get blown out and then blown out again vs Purdue the only teams they might beat this season will all be from New England. 7-5 or 3-9. Let's see what Edsall can do with a year's reprieve.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
@ Fresno L 63-7
vs HC W 21-17
vs Purdue L 52-0
@ Army L 42-10
vs Wyoming L 55-14
@ Vandy L 49-0
@ UMass L 35-28
vs Yale L 38-21
vs MTSU L 63-12
@ Clemson L 77-0
@ UCF L 56-3
vs Houston L 70-20

Well you suck

I say 5-7 wins

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
@ Fresno L 63-7
vs HC W 21-17
vs Purdue L 52-0
@ Army L 42-10
vs Wyoming L 55-14
@ Vandy L 49-0
@ UMass L 35-28
vs Yale L 38-21
vs MTSU L 63-12
@ Clemson L 77-0
@ UCF L 56-3
vs Houston L 70-20
I Realized I never gave a pre-camp prediction....and I figured where better to place said prediction than to attach it to Diaco Superfan #1's troll post...;)

I think 5ish wins. They beat both FCS's and find 3 wins out of UMass, MTSU, Wyoming, Fresno St, Army, Vandy. I don't think they have a shot against Purdue, UCF, Houston or obviously Clemson.

I think they beat Yale and HC because RE beats who he should beat (when he has his team). Same goes for UMass. I feel like they may surprise Fresno...because Fresno will be looking past them. Their next game is at Oregon...and you have to think they expect UConn to be dreadful... especially if dreamjobbed is their scout. Other than the 4 I mentioned, the other games are winnable. Especially MTSU and Wyoming since they are at home.

My head says 4...my heart says 6...so I will go with 5.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I love this completely fabricated reality that because like 6 years ago I created username with Diaco in it I’m some Diaco worshipper who hates this team out of spite and wants them to fail.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom