UConn vs. Wyoming Football series brewing? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Wyoming Football series brewing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It’s a beautiful state. Don’t know much about it’s football. I’m guessing that unless you’re a skier, a late season game there isn’t as enticing for touring as an early fall game.
We've not talking about a home and home, we're talking about what people would want to see. So do we want to play USF/UCF or Wyoming right now at home? We've played the directional Florida's a lot and regardless of how good they are each year they are not exciting the fanbase. Is it logical? Not entirely, but it's the truth. I can tell you right now we sell more tickets to a 7-5 Wyoming then to a 11-1 UCF. We are not good so it's all about a competitive game against a school people can care about. A state school like Wyoming you can sell, another clunker against the schools people forget exist in Florida does nothing.
Wyoming loves to play those late season home games. 7000 ft altitude, snow and wind blowing. They like to run the ball until you show you can stop them. Colorado State couldn’t beat them, and along with Air Force and Colorado, that cost Bobo his job at Colorado State.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He’s saying that we replace Holy Cross with Wyoming. Ergo a D2 with a D1.
I guess.... but really when it comes to the FCS games (Holy Cross is FCS, not DII), you can push them around without consequence whatsoever. Holy Cross will likely be rescheduled to whatever date we need filled once the FBS games are settled. And we won’t have to offer them anything special to do that... it being pushed around scheduling wise comes with the territory for FCS programs.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
After reading this entire thread, it only reinforces my belief that going independent is a very good idea. Endless possibilities for future opponents, appealing road trips and power5 teams coming to the Rent. If winning records come about, I see no reason for attendance not to improve and bowl game opportunities not come our way.

Don't underestimate the "Uconn" brand.. Success in men's and women's basketball and baseball will only make it stronger.

Best wishes to coach Jim Calhoun and USJ basketball team. Would it not be great to bring another national championship back to Connecticut?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I'd love to visit Wyoming, just not every other year, once or twice would be fine with me. All these 1 time visits to places we have never been to before would be a ton of fun. Away games to new places is so much fun. Besides that, it would be a little trivial for me as I remember the first bowl game I ever saw on a color tv was Wyoming and LSU in the 1967 Sugar Bowl.
The first “bowl” game I remember watching was Super Bowl III, Jets vs. Colts (1969). We haven’t seen the Jets in the bowl since then. We may never see it.

Reaction Score
Wow! Wyoming had a good enough football team to make the Sugar Bowl?

Reaction Score
Ended up # 6 in the final rankings. Had Jim Kiick for running back (of Miami Dolphins fame)

Reaction Score

Went 10-0 regular season, ranked #6 in the AP poll, and won the 1960s WAC, which in those days was the Cowboys, Arizona and ASU, New Mexico, Utah and BYU.
Shorter and more wearily sarcastic comment: life before NCAA v. OU Board of Regents was a different planet.

Reaction Score
Should we be excited about playing Wyoming? Beautiful state and all, but our Indie schedule includes a few teams that are more distant that the AAC teams and not as interesting football wise, which should not be taken as me liking the AAC.
Might be worth a roadtrip to include Yellowstone.

Reaction Score
Done it. No snow. Not sold that Old Faithful isn’t a guy in an underground room pumping steam every 45 minutes.

Honestly, old faithful, though one of the more popular attractions, is probably one of the least cool. The mud pots, mammoth springs, some of the other weird formations and springs, and of course the herd of bison are all a bigger draw to me. The geyser basin is just one part.

Reaction Score
Old faithful is probably one of the least cool. The mud pots, other weird formations and springs, and of course the herd of bison are all a bigger draw to me.
Actually, Old Faithful is still pretty cool, but I agree that there's an amazing assortment of other eye opening natural formations. Bottom line, if we play Wyoming, make sure you visit Yellowstone. It's not overrated!

IMG_0460.jpeg

Reaction Score
Actually, Old Faithful is still pretty cool, but I agree that there's an amazing assortment of other eye opening natural formations. Bottom line, if we play Wyoming, make sure you visit Yellowstone. It's not overrated!

View attachment 51689

Old faithful and the geyser basin in general are simply amazing and worth a trip as a stand alone attraction. I just find the others even more so. My point was the amazing assortment with, in my opinion, old faithful being the least of them. I wasn't trying to diminish it, though I see how my statement could be taken that way.

Reaction Score

View attachment 51689

No big deal just a drive across opposite corners of Wyoming, you’re talking nearly 9 hours lmao or at least an extra flight to Jackson (still a few hours even from there)

Reaction Score
No big deal, just a drive across opposite corners of Wyoming. You’re talking nearly 9 hours lmao.
Like many things in life, it’s no big deal if you have a strong desire to do it. If so, you’ll make the time and find the money. If not, there are lots of reasons you won’t.

Reaction Score
Like many things in life, it’s no big deal if you have a strong desire to do it. If so, you’ll make the time and find the money. If not, there are lots of reasons you won’t.
Given your appreciation for the park, you should agree with me that it’s kind of silly to try to tack on a trip to Yellowstone before/after a UConn football game. Yellowstone deserves its own trip, sans hassle of a 9 hour drive.

And given your functional brain, you should agree that most people don’t find something like that plausible, to where it’s kind of silly to suggest. If you just didn’t know or consider the fact of how far the park is from the university, that’s fair

Reaction Score
Yellowstone deserves its own trip, sans hassle of a 9 hour drive.
Of course it does, but playing football in Wyoming may be the first time some fans have have ever considered a trip to Yellowstone. If the Wyoming location has now piqued their interest, my suggestion for them would be to try and make it work. It would certainly require some planning and allocating a few vacation days that might otherwise have been spent elsewhere--but if it makes sense and you can treat the long drive as an adventure, I'd recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom