UConn vs. Wyoming Football series brewing? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Wyoming Football series brewing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don’t count Wyoming out this would be huge for UConn. We need to schedule some teams that make us tougher. We will be back we need to take advantage of our independent schedule and make this team top again. I understand some of these years were tough. I believe this team will be great again and conferences will come calling.

Reaction Score
I’m as happy as anybody with the Indy schedules so far... but those of you saying you’d rather play Wyoming over any AAC school are out of your minds. Come on.

Reaction Score
I’m as happy as anybody with the Indy schedules so far... but those of you saying you’d rather play Wyoming over any AAC school are out of your minds. Come on.
I agree we have better schools wanting to play us for money. Money is what we need

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looks like Wyoming is less than 3 hours from Denver. And isn't that supposed to be a nice drive? Sounds like a good road trip to me.

ADD: Apparently, it's a death road. I'll stay on the interstate.

The road between Cheyenne and Denver is not scenic. In fact I-80 across southern Wyoming is the more boring, ugly drive I've ever been on. And I'm from Kansas. Set the cruise at 101 and still never saw any other cars.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The road between Cheyenne and Denver is not scenic. In fact I-80 across southern Wyoming is the more boring, ugly drive I've ever been on. And I'm from Kansas. Set the cruise at 101 and still never saw any other cars.
It must have been another CO-WY drive I read about. I thought I-10 through Texas was as boring as it gets. We stopped to see the Alamo and parked in the loading zone. "The sign says 20 minutes" my buddy said. "Plenty of time!" I replied. We had 5 minutes to spare.

Reaction Score
It must have been another CO-WY drive I read about. I thought I-10 through Texas was as boring as it gets. We stopped to see the Alamo and parked in the loading zone. "The sign says 20 minutes" my buddy said. "Plenty of time!" I replied. We had 5 minutes to spare.

I driven through Wyoming and Texas. West Texas is as bad as it gets especially the mile after mile of windmills. At a gas station a local joked, "If it's over six feet tall it's man made."

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
No amount of money is gonna soften the blow of being beatin to death by both schools

Reaction Score
I'd love a game in Laramie. We had a blast driving through Wyoming on our way to play Boise St. We started in Rapid City SD (Mt. Rushmore) and the Badlands, then into Wyoming to see Devils Tower, Jackson Hole, etc. It was a great road trip. We considered the flat stretches of road as unique rather than boring after living mostly in the East. I've been to Cheyenne on business which, like Laramie, is in the south of Wyoming. As an independent, our scheduling allows us to experience some interesting new locales. I love what the next few years have in store. Of course, winning would help, too.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Wyoming is gorgeous. The drive from mid Wyoming through Jackson Hole down the corner of Idaho into Logan Utah - is wonderful
There is a great motorcycle ride out there that I would tie in... think it's called Bear Claw. I would fly into Denver, rent a Harley and ride out for a few days...

Reaction Score
There is a great motorcycle ride out there that I would tie in... think it's called Bear Claw. I would fly into Denver, rent a Harley and ride out for a few days...

ever hear of the Widowmaker?

Motorcycle race up a mountain in northern UTAH.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It's 2021 I know, but only 3 days between Fresno and HC, figuring the 28th & 9/2 are Game Days, and 1 day of travel, 3,000 miles..., so, only 2 (?), 2 days of practice?
That Holy Cross game will be rescheduled. They won’t play without at least 6 days of spacing.

Reaction Score
Lived in Rawlins for a bit in 94. People hated Greenies (Colorado). Later moved to CO.

Rawlins - I haven't thought of Rawling in forever, I was stuck there overnight in a blizzard driving my then girl from SLC to CIncy had to be 91 or 92. I had to sleep on a couch in the lobby of what I think was a Days Inn there were no rooms anywhere. Funniest thing was the clocks above the desk at that hotel. Tokyo, LA, Rawlings, NY, Paris - high comedy.

Was so damn cold and snowy that the heat was on in the car and we were getting icing on the inside of the windows. I felt horrible making the guy at Little America come out to fill the car up and I rolled the window down about a quarter of an inch to slide the money through.

Reaction Score
Rawlins - I haven't thought of Rawling in forever, I was stuck there overnight in a blizzard driving my then girl from SLC to CIncy had to be 91 or 92. I had to sleep on a couch in the lobby of what I think was a Days Inn there were no rooms anywhere. Funniest thing was the clocks above the desk at that hotel. Tokyo, LA, Rawlings, NY, Paris - high comedy.

Was so damn cold and snowy that the heat was on in the car and we were getting icing on the inside of the windows. I felt horrible making the guy at Little America come out to fill the car up and I rolled the window down about a quarter of an inch to slide the money through.
Ha! That’s funny! Think I did the 2 step with the Carbon country rodeo queen there. I don’t really know how to 2 step btw. Ron’s guns & groceries? say no more.

Reaction Score
I can't tell by this response if you are aware that Wyoming is in the Mountain West and therefore is DI. I don't see basketball coming into play on any discussion with a Mountain West team.
He’s saying that we replace Holy Cross with Wyoming. Ergo a D2 with a D1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom