UConn vs. Vermont - First Hockey East Home Playoff Series (3/4 - 3/6) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Vermont - First Hockey East Home Playoff Series (3/4 - 3/6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The officiating was horrendous. It impacted or directly led to three Vermont goals, the "interference" call on Tage, the non-offsides call and the trip of Pauly. Miller is a joke and if he isn't at least officially reviewed by the league that would be a travesty.
thanks for the insight Dan...and you know you are one of the "respected".. Bummer to hear the officiating impacted outcome...

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the re-caps guys. I had a high school sports fundraiser to attend last night and I was looking forward to today's game 3 ... that sucks. I really like the direction this program is heading and I look forward to next year! Also can't wait for the draft and see where Tage ends up!

Reaction Score
The officiating was horrendous. It impacted or directly led to three Vermont goals, the "interference" call on Tage, the non-offsides call and the trip of Pauly. Miller is a joke and if he isn't at least officially reviewed by the league that would be a travesty.
You know what - I totally forgot about the non-offsides call, I was looking away at the time it happened and a couple of my friends swore the Vermont guy was offides - and wouldn't you know it a few seconds later they score.
Honestly, that was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. There were 3 or 4 times UConn was blatantly rear-ended by the officials - you'd think on home ice it would at least be called even if not on our side of the ledger.

Also, there was a play where they finally called cross-check on a Vermont player who must have nailed a UConn player in the corner 5 times with pretty vicious cross checks in the back...with the ref standing right there. Finally on the 5th crosscheck with the player on his knees and his head near the ice, the ref finally called it.

I'm still pissed off.

I understand a coach has to seem even-keel most times, but I was disappointed Cavanaugh didn't point anything out in the post game. your seasons over, your seniors didn't get to play one more game that they should have - go ahead and light into the refs at least a little bit.

Reaction Score
Between periods 2 and 3 I was talking to a friend who sits right behind the Uconn bench. He said after the non-offsides Cav was trying to get an official to come over to explain it. At first Miller and Co. Tried to ignore him but eventually Miller comes flying over screaming at Cav telling him " I'll toss you out of %*#in game!" Totally out of control and unprofessional.

Reaction Score
Between periods 2 and 3 I was talking to a friend who sits right behind the Uconn bench. He said after the non-offsides Cav was trying to get an official to come over to explain it. At first Miller and Co. Tried to ignore him but eventually Miller comes flying over screaming at Cav telling him " I'll toss you out of %*#in game!" Totally out of control and unprofessional.
He said that to him when he was pounding on the boards after they gave Thompson the penalty for the hit too.

Reaction Score
And with that I will finally put husky camper on ignore just as I did with fraud. join me all of u
The minute he quoted plus/minus was when we all should've put him on ignore.

Re: officiating, the worst part is prior to this year Geoff Miller was one of the more even-keeled officials. Who was Miller's partner last night? We had Miller and one of the Hansen's on Friday night which was a predictable disaster.

Reaction Score
Eh, Keenan's OK. Matched with Miller I'm not sure. Geoff's problem this year has been that repeatedly he's not on the same page with his partner as to how they're going to call the game, so you end up with two officials calling the same play two different ways.

Reaction Score
Eh, Keenan's OK. Matched with Miller I'm not sure. Geoff's problem this year has been that repeatedly he's not on the same page with his partner as to how they're going to call the game, so you end up with two officials calling the same play two different ways.

It's a really bad combo. Keenan was giving UConn the stink too the past couple games.He was horrible during the northeastern series especially @ NU. The UConn fans made it clear that game. It was Keenan during the 1st period last night and then Miller took over

Reaction Score
I have seen thousands of hockey games in my life. I have NEVER seen an official come skating over to a bench wagging his finger at a head coach of a team...EVER. Beyond unprofessional.

Reaction Score
I don't usually comment about the officiating however I will make an exception. It could be a coincidence, however, when I do have thoughts about the officiating, Miller always seems to be part of the crew.

Reaction Score
You know what - I totally forgot about the non-offsides call, I was looking away at the time it happened and a couple of my friends swore the Vermont guy was offides - and wouldn't you know it a few seconds later they score.
Honestly, that was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. There were 3 or 4 times UConn was blatantly rear-ended by the officials - you'd think on home ice it would at least be called even if not on our side of the ledger.

Also, there was a play where they finally called cross-check on a Vermont player who must have nailed a UConn player in the corner 5 times with pretty vicious cross checks in the back...with the ref standing right there. Finally on the 5th crosscheck with the player on his knees and his head near the ice, the ref finally called it.

I'm still pissed off.

I understand a coach has to seem even-keel most times, but I was disappointed Cavanaugh didn't point anything out in the post game. your seasons over, your seniors didn't get to play one more game that they should have - go ahead and light into the refs at least a little bit.
Yeah, Finally they got the 5th crosscheck, and only after Segalla finally went twisting down...

Reaction Score
Yeah, Finally they got the 5th crosscheck, and only after Segalla finally went twisting down...

Even after the penalty/whistle, a UVM player continued to cross check and prevented a UConn player from getting up. The ref missed it cause he was already skating to officiating table.I was right there. The Tage interference and this penalty all in the some corner. After the 2nd cross check, I was screaming, "look at that, come on, what the hell, are u serious? After each one he didn't call. He finally and reluctantly raised his arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom