UConn vs. Vermont - First Hockey East Home Playoff Series (3/4 - 3/6) | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Vermont - First Hockey East Home Playoff Series (3/4 - 3/6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConnHuskies 9:56pm via Twitter for Android
Playoff hockey is coming to Hartford! @UConnMHOC defeats UNH 5-4 in OT. Game & ticket info available soon.#IceBus

CcRQd_ZXEAAHebB.jpg

Reaction Score
UConnMHOC10:28am via TweetDeck
Tickets On Sale Now for Hockey East Playoffs Series at XL Center #IceBus
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/022816aaa.html

>>Fans can purchase a Hockey East playoff package for all three games of the series. The package is priced at $30 for adults and $20 for youth.

Single game tickets for game one and game two are on sale for $19 for adults and $14 for youth. Single game tickets for a game three, if necessary, will not go on sale until after Saturday night's game.<<

Reaction Score
you think they'll lift the curtains for the upper bowl? Or you think they'll max capacity to 9k again? We need to sell quickly so they have to... Got mine already. 42 with fees is legit. Sucks you can't pick your seat for extras online. Will have to call I guess.

Reaction Score
No, I thought you had season tickets?
???? I had season tickets to Uconn football 8 years ago but not to hockey. I do go to as many games as possible but this coming Saturday I can't make it to Hartford so I was wondering if it's going to be on TV ?

Reaction Score
UConnStudentTix 10:06am via Twitter Web Client
Tickets are now available for @UConnMHOC games 1 & 2 in the Hockey East quarterfinals vs. Vermont this Sat. & Sun. at 7 pm @ the XL Center

Need to really fill the Icebus and get the students there...

I agree, but They need to fix that tweet. Game 1 is on Friday and game 2 is on sat. We hopefully don't have to play on Sunday.

They need to market the crap out of this, but of course the courant brought UConn back to the AHA days of a fireside novel encompassing just a 2 sentence blurb in the paper. Way to go courant. Biggest game of the year and a tune up match of quinnipiac vs Yale gets 1/4 of the sports page. Come on Hartford Courant and Mike Anthony.

5 days is not a lot of time. I hope they pay for a commercial or at least another article promoting the game. I bet not many people even know about the playoff series this weekend .

http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-regional-digest-0228-20160227-story.html

Reaction Score
I agree, but They need to fix that tweet. Game 1 is on Friday and game 2 is on sat. We hopefully don't have to play on Sunday.

They need to market the crap out of this, but of course the courant brought UConn back to the AHA days of a fireside novel encompassing just a 2 sentence blurb in the paper. Way to go courant. Biggest game of the year and a tune up match of quinnipiac vs Yale gets 1/4 of the sports page. Come on Hartford Courant and Mike Anthony.

5 days is not a lot of time. I hope they pay for a commercial or at least another article promoting the game. I bet not many people even know about the playoff series this weekend .

http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-regional-digest-0228-20160227-story.html
Anthony wears a few hats at the Courant...and he covered Howie Dickenman's last game at Central Sat night.

Reaction Score
Historically, qf series (and octofinal series) nationwide are horribly attended, so the attendance bar for UConn to surpass in terms of respectability is very, very low.

Reaction Score
Historically, qf series (and octofinal series) nationwide are horribly attended, so the attendance bar for UConn to surpass in terms of respectability is very, very low.
IMHO this will be more about supporting the program now and going forward. Creating a hostile atmosphere for the visiting team that in the future will make someone drop their head and say dejectedly "DAMN..we have to go play UCONN at home". Outsiders may say hockey is the 4th sport in the pecking order at UConn...I think it has and will continue to develope it's own rabid fan base of hockey diehards.

Reaction Score
IMHO this will be more about supporting the program now and going forward. Creating a hostile atmosphere for the visiting team that in the future will make someone drop their head and say dejectedly "DAMN..we have to go play UCONN at home". Outsiders may say hockey is the 4th sport in the pecking order at UConn...I think it has and will continue to develope it's own rabid fan base of hockey diehards.
Oh, I have no doubt they'll sell well, probably the most of any hosting team this weekend. MC only holds about 15 people in their rink, Northeastern is on spring break and has few fans at all, and BU never sells well for this. If you crack 4K, you'll most certainly have the largest attendance number on the weekend.

As for the atmosphere, unfortunately as long as they're hanging drapes at XL, noise won't be anywhere near the factor it can be in other conference venues.

Reaction Score
Oh, I have no doubt they'll sell well, probably the most of any hosting team this weekend. MC only holds about 15 people in their rink, Northeastern is on spring break and has few fans at all, and BU never sells well for this. If you crack 4K, you'll most certainly have the largest attendance number on the weekend.
To me it isn't about getting the prize for highest attendance as much as it is a chance to expose the Program/team to a new group of fans. Case in point...a friend of mine who's a HUGE hockey fan from Fairfield County called and asked how he could buy tickets..he wants to take his son.

Reaction Score
It will be the third sport in the men's pecking order. However, it will eventually become the men's program with the most talent.

Reaction Score
However, it will eventually become the men's program with the most talent.
Unless current facilities are massively upgraded, no it won't. From a facilities (and resulting impact on recruiting) perspective, UConn is dominated by other Hockey East teams.

Reaction Score
Unless current facilities are massively upgraded, no it won't. From a facilities (and resulting impact on recruiting) perspective, UConn is dominated by other Hockey East teams.

No question about it. If UConn wants to keep up with the rest of Hockey East, the current Freitas ice rink just won't do at all, even as just a practice facility.

Reaction Score
Cavanaugh was interviewed on uscho.com tonight. Said there are no concrete plans for a facility and it has not been decided to renovate Freitas or build a new place. Said they are looking at 3500-4000. Said that with the crowds they draw at XL, they will continue to play games at XL after new facility is built.

http://www.uscho.com/uscho-live/

Reaction Score
Cavanaugh was interviewed on uscho.com tonight. Said there are no concrete plans for a facility and it has not been decided to renovate Freitas or build a new place. Said they are looking at 3500-4000. Said that with the crowds they draw at XL, they will continue to play games at XL after new facility is built.

http://www.uscho.com/uscho-live/
If you want to listen to Cav go to 22:30

Reaction Score
Unfortunate that they're only shooting for that capacity.
I think end game will be 4500...expandable to 5K...they will play big games like BC, BU, PC, UNH, QU, ND in Hartford....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom