UConn vs UCLA game thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn vs UCLA game thread

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Not impressed with this game ... Haven't been able to defend the 3 and UCLA is been in this game to long and everyone continues to give me crap cause I'm picking Baylor. Baylor is playing the best basketball out of any remaining team they will blow out Mississippi State tomorrow my guess 30-35 points!! UCONN should be blowing out UCLA .... Sorry but not impressed ... Lastly Baylor is the only team just blowing everyone out... U realize when they go to there bench they lose nothing they can go a legit 10 deep. Not having a deep bench will finally bite UCONN in the but. It seems every year UCONN never has any bench will never understand .... Next year will be the difference but not impressed ... So bring on the insults I'm ready!!! To win a national title u need to be able to score, defend and have a bench all Baylor has!! Big bodies big bodies and big bodies!! I figured it would be a 25-30 point win... Not a typical UCONN effort but a win is a win but UCONN better play better on Monday!!!

Oh your back. You keep wanting to think about Baylor. We're playing OREGON next. Did you really WATCH the Baylor game last night? Louisville was getting open shots and couldn't hit them. Normally at this stage there aren't too many blowouts but when there are it's become someone played poorly and Louisville did last night. Geno has said this is the toughest part of the Tournament - the next two games. It never surprises me when these games are somewhat close. No bad teams left.

Reaction Score
Not impressed with this game ... Haven't been able to defend the 3 and UCLA is been in this game to long and everyone continues to give me crap cause I'm picking Baylor. Baylor is playing the best basketball out of any remaining team they will blow out Mississippi State tomorrow my guess 30-35 points!! UCONN should be blowing out UCLA .... Sorry but not impressed ... Lastly Baylor is the only team just blowing everyone out... U realize when they go to there bench they lose nothing they can go a legit 10 deep. Not having a deep bench will finally bite UCONN in the but. It seems every year UCONN never has any bench will never understand .... Next year will be the difference but not impressed ... So bring on the insults I'm ready!!! To win a national title u need to be able to score, defend and have a bench all Baylor has!! Big bodies big bodies and big bodies!! I figured it would be a 25-30 point win... Not a typical UCONN effort but a win is a win but UCONN better play better on Monday!!!
I hope and pray that your cell phone is stolen and somebody hides your laptop. Someone that feels the need to throw out the crap you do, day after day, to provoke people. If I knew a good witchdoctor, you're fingers would be falling off.

Reaction Score
People say we have a 6 man rotation but its basically 5 right now as Dangerfield looks overwhelmed.

The team is gassed at the end of this. Hopefully it's a bit of a wake up call to the staff. They are going to either have to play more zone or use another body in the first half and manage the mins better.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I said it early. This UCLA is long, athletic and quick. They're not going to quit. You have to make them quit, make have fear for you, because they are fearless.

Reaction Score
The game is a lot closer than the ESPN chatter would suggest. A couple of baskets and the Bruins turn it into a three possession game with two minutes left. There are worse places to be in the Sweet 16.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Loving this really ugly win. Just what they need.

Agreed. Geno loves games where we win games somewhat comfortably but that allow him to "chat" with the players and keep their edge throughout a tourney...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
This thread is getting touchy..lol. This must be what happens when they don't win by 40. I did say they looked "off" to me today - but give credit to UCLA. They are playing our young women tough. I think UConn will have some things to work on in practice; which is a good thing in my opinion.

Nothing new, unfortunately. UCLA is coached by a disciple of Geno. They do a lot of the things we do. Those can be the toughest games. Oregon is the same way. Expect that to be a very tough game as well.

Reaction Score
People say we have a 6 man rotation but its basically 5 right now as Dangerfield looks overwhelmed.

The team is gassed at the end of this. Hopefully it's a bit of a wake up call to the staff. They are going to either have to play more zone or use another body in the first half and manage the mins better.

Oregon won't play at UCLA speed, more deliberate style

Reaction Score
I do concede that UConn has played sloppily through major parts of this game though I always appreciate the intensity with which they play.

Reaction Score
Lou's had a rough game all around.

Chong's made a lot of plays to help compensate.
Lou looks like she never had any energy today. See my earlier comment about she looks like she has a hard time keeping her weight up

Reaction Score
The game is a lot closer than the ESPN chatter would suggest. A couple of baskets and the Bruins turn it into a three possession game with two minutes left. There are worse places to be in the Sweet 16.
I dont agree. No way today ucla had the horses to win

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom