UConn vs UCLA game thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UConn vs UCLA game thread

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
If I want watching the game and was only reading the thread, I would think that UCONN was having a horrible night. This thread has been an interesting study in unrealistic expectations.

We can't score 100 every night and we can't always win by 40. Sometimes, deeper in a tourney, winning by about 18 points is okay, people...

If you don't like the conversation, you could excuse yourself.

Reaction Score
If I wasn't watching the game and was only reading the thread, I would think that UCONN was having a horrible night. This thread has been an interesting study in unrealistic expectations.

We can't score 100 every night and we can't always win by 40. Sometimes, deeper in a tourney, winning by about 18 points is okay, people...

Agreed, especially seeing UCLA is actually a good team.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Maryland and Duke got taken out for you in the bottom half of the bracket. Still whining about the Region? UCLA was the 4th best team from the Pac 12 this year.

Duke? lol

If you think a team losing proves they were seeded properly, okie dokie.

Reaction Score
Can you think of another player who's last name is also the name of a country?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Good game by UCLA or not, Baylor has to be looking at this game saying, "We got this". But UConn has had a problem all year with teams with quick guards and lean athletic forwards. Not like Baylor.

Reaction Score
Good game by UCLA or not, Baylor has to be looking at this game saying, "We got this". But UConn has had a problem all year with teams with quick guards and lean athletic forwards. Not like Baylor.

Who cares what Baylor is saying to themselves?

Do you think a potential match up with Baylor will be any more or less hard based on how we perform vs UCLA?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Duke? lol

If you think a team losing proves they were seeded properly, okie dokie.

I'm just saying, Syracuse, UCLA and Oregon on the way to a Final 4 is not exactly a murderers row.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Agreed, especially seeing UCLA is actually a good team.

That's the key point.

From here on, we are playing extremely good teams. We don't just steam roll these types of teams every night. But it is also clear that we are better than them and that we are playing better than them. We shouldn't disrespect the opponent by saying that being up by 17 is a poor night...

JordyG

Reaction Score
Who cares what Baylor is saying to themselves?

Do you think a potential match up with Baylor will be any more or less hard based on how we perform vs UCLA?
My point being Baylor is nothing like the teams UConn has had trouble with.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
A bit of a clunker finish to the 3rd quarter. With a few minutes left in the 3rd quarter, Saniya was at the three point line with literally no one within ten feet of her and she had a wide open shot available and looked, then hesitated and passed to someone else and we ended up getting a highly contested shot later in the possession.

..that went in..

Reaction Score
Baylor is looking like a machine in this tourney. Lots of big big weapons there and Kim looks like she really wants this one this year (probably because she knows she's screwed next year with UConn and the losses to graduation).

JordyG

Reaction Score
That is either 5 or 6 TO's for Lou today.

Reaction Score
That's the key point.

From here on, we are playing extremely good teams. We don't just steam roll these types of teams every night. But it is also clear that we are better than them and that we are playing better than them. We shouldn't disrespect the opponent by saying that being up by 17 is a poor night...

Welcome to the women's board Dan lol.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Basically UCLA played us even in the 2nd half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom