UConn vs UCLA game thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

UConn vs UCLA game thread

Reaction Score
Give up 71 points be very concern... This is where I have been saying all year long and once again people just go at me... Not having a deep bench is finally catching up...this is the basketball capital of the world ... UCONN should never be in situations where they have no bench. U need bench depth period!!! Can't understand why UCONN always has a rotation of 8 max every year. Baylor will prevail. Bench Bench Bench!!! Recruit Recruit Recruit!!!

Baylor may have trouble with MS State.

Reaction Score
They left a lot at the free throw line. Hope they get that cleaned up.

Reaction Score
Not their best performance for sure, but win and move on is the name of the game this time of year. I suspect they will play much more efficiently against Oregon (they better).

Reaction Score
Seriously - are you EVER happy? EVER?
Geno Auriemma who is never satisfied, would probably smack this guy upside the head. Treating UConn women's basketball like Rodney Dangerfield doesn't work very well on this board nor does it work many other places. []

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Give up 71 points be very concern... This is where I have been saying all year long and once again people just go at me... Not having a deep bench is finally catching up...this is the basketball capital of the world ... UCONN should never be in situations where they have no bench. U need bench depth period!!! Can't understand why UCONN always has a rotation of 8 max every year. Baylor will prevail. Bench Bench Bench!!! Recruit Recruit Recruit!!!

Glad you enjoyed the game!

Reaction Score
Saniya is having an outstanding all around game. KLS looks lost in the 2nd half.
I have to agree that her second half left me and others wanting. The only shots she made were after time had elapsed at the end of the 3rd quarter and then moments later, a millisecond after a foul call took away another three pointer, from her.

Reaction Score

Are you really second guessing a guy with 11 National Championships?

Reaction Score
In the NCAA Tournament, it is all about match ups. Had UCLA hit more 3's today, and, somehow outrebounded UCONN today the outcome could have different. I was duly impressed with UCONN's rebounding, just spectacular. I haven't seen many UCONN games this year, but I don't think KLS has missed that many open 3's in a long while? Jordan Canada was a difficult match-up for UCONN today, but Jordan didn't have a supporting cast, like is the case with UCONN. UCONN's starting 5 are unreal.

Reaction Score
Baylor may very well prevail. It won't be the end of the world. UConn has had a terrific season win, lose or draw. Geno has stated several times that they've had to play a softer defense to prevent foul troubles.

Reaction Score
MikeRO1950, the sky is falling, the sky is falling. Are you sure you're a UConn fan. You sound more like a Baylor fan. The fact that they know they didn't play well, as someone already mentioned, bodes well for Monday night. Maybe you should move to Texas.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Have to say that UCLA was as athletic a team as UConn has faced all year, and extremely well coached. Credit to the Bruins. Happy the Huskies prevailed.

As for Oregon, another well- coached team, but not nearly as athletic as UCLA. I don't think they will pose as difficult a challenge.

Feeling very good about the Huskies heading to the FF.

Reaction Score
Geez, won't these announcers pay attention to the game in progress in front of them.
I knew this ESPN tandem was going to be bad, but I didn't know it would be this bad! So much joviality and side-stories. Maybe they had a couple of quick beers between the two gaames.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Saniya is so confident with the ball. Her quickness while dribbling is impressive.
Yes. I think she has raised her draft order by two or three notches.

Reaction Score
Kia had 9 points, but she had 0 assists, 0 steals and 0 assists. Katie Lou had 6 turnovers and 1 point in the second half. They need to play much better, and Geno and the staff will make sure they know it. I believe in Kia and Katie Lou. Oregon isn't as athletic as UCLA; however, they need to keep Oregon from hitting 3s.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

I get your point.

I disagree! Give it up.

You are not close to Geno is knowledge or coaching.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I knew this ESPN tandem was going to be bad, but I didn't know it would be this bad! So much joviality and side-stories. Maybe they had a couple of quick beers between the two gaames.

I listened to Doris call another game earlier in the week. She was super. Today? Yikes, gawdawful. As to the beers, I had the same thought as you. At times, they sounded less than sober.

Everybody has a poor performance from time to time. This was one of those, imho.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
KLS had a mediocre game, for her. Six turnovers?

Aside from the 17-2 run in the first quarter there were no other "runs" during the game.

Agree with an earlier post, no bench, five deep and that's it.

Crystal hasn't gotten any better than she was earlier this season.

Let's hope the light goes on for her in time for her sophomore year.

Maybe this is the game Geno wanted earlier this year when he stated that "they need to get their a** kicked".

Reaction Score
I listened to Doris call another game earlier in the week. She was super. Today? Yikes, gawdawful. As to the beers, I had the same thought as you. At times, they sounded less than sober.

Everybody has a poor performance from time to time. This was one of those, imho.
She is terrible in UConn games. Period. It's not a once in a while thing. It's an all the time thing. She is a yuuuuuge distraction. I have Doris Burke fatigue. Wish we'd get some anti-UConn announcers, at least they will call the game instead of gushing for two hours.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom