UConn vs UCLA game thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

UConn vs UCLA game thread

Reaction Score
Now KLS misses a free throw.

The team let fatigue get the best of them today. A concern heading forward.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Don't know if it means anything but UCLA beat the Ducks early in the season 79-63 but the Ducks won 84-75 the second go round....

It doesn't - As I said Oregon just beat Temple by 1 point in the opening round and Stanford beat them ALL 3 times this year. I don't think Stanford is that good this year. They're not bad but nowhere near as good as they have been.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Don't know if it means anything but UCLA beat the Ducks early in the season 79-63 but the Ducks won 84-75 the second go round....

UCLA struggled on the road. They lost to worse team than the Ducks. They did finish 5 games ahead of UO in the conference standings.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
A good win, bracket-wise. Not as good in terms of the team's standards for play.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not Kia's or Lou's best games. Crystal Dangerfield was not a factor. The reaction of the team at the buzzer says they're not happy with the way they played either. Give credit to UCLA and the Pac 12.

Reaction Score
It's going to be an interesting next practice - most likely full of free throw shooting..

Reaction Score
We got the W but I can assure you that Geno is not exactly elated with the way we played today. The dumb turnovers and inability to put this game away are not the hallmarks of a UConn team.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Players don't look overjoyed... I think they know there's more to do and they really didn't have a great game.

Ok, Holly picked picked up on the same thing. Holly is awesome. Hope she's doing ok.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Baskets in the Paint Final
UCLA 14 (4-3-4-3)
UConn 17 (3-7-5-2)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It doesn't - As I said Oregon just beat Temple by 1 point in the opening round and Stanford beat them ALL 3 times this year. I don't think Stanford is that good this year. They're not bad but nowhere near as good as they have been.

This is easily the best season they've had since Chiney graduated.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A win is a win.

This one was a B- at best.

I would expect a much better performance on Monday night. Pheesa just saying that the team is not please with their performance. That is a good sign.

Credit to Close and her team. They played tough. And she is a Geno disciple and it shows.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
We got the W but I can assure you that Geno is not exactly elated with the way we played today. The dumb turnovers and inability to put this game away are not the hallmarks of a UConn team.

Yeah we were in "Big Trouble" for about 3 minutes there. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Give up 71 points be very concern... This is where I have been saying all year long and once again people just go at me... Not having a deep bench is finally catching up...this is the basketball capital of the world ... UCONN should never be in situations where they have no bench. U need bench depth period!!! Can't understand why UCONN always has a rotation of 8 max every year. Baylor will prevail. Bench Bench Bench!!! Recruit Recruit Recruit!!!

Reaction Score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Congratulations <a href="#NCAA hashtag on Twitter">#NCAA</a> -- A sellout crowd in Bridgeport had to watch the inept officiating of Bruce Morris and Nicole Murray for 2 hours</p>&mdash; carl adamec (@CarlAdamec) <a href="">March 25, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reaction Score
UCLA acquitting themselves well.
They are competing and I respect that but UConn lapses have helped contribute to their success. Napheesa mentioned that after the game. Sloppy passes, turnovers, missed coverages. Not typical UConn stuff. Their second half was not impressive in any way.

Reaction Score
Give up 71 points be very concern... This is where I have been saying all year long and once again people just go at me... Not having a deep bench is finally catching up...this is the basketball capital of the world ... UCONN should never be in situations where they have no bench. U need bench depth period!!! Can't understand why UCONN always has a rotation of 8 max every year. Baylor will prevail. Bench Bench Bench!!! Recruit Recruit Recruit!!!

Seriously - are you EVER happy? EVER?

Reaction Score
Canada has been unguardable. Gabby has played great, but no Collier, no win.
The player of the game was Gabby, PERIOD! Collier played very well, as well but Gabby set the tone and her all around game contributed the most to this victory.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom