UConn vs UCF game thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn vs UCF game thread

Reaction Score
Kia is one tough guy. Reports of her demise are both premature and exaggerated. Just needs a bit of a rust remover...like a few minutes worth.

Reaction Score
Better defense to end the half, but the offense still isn't there. Opposite of yesterday, seemingly.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Points in the Paint at the half
UCF 5 (2-3)
UConn 5 (3-2)

Disgusting Head bang

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Better defense to end the half, but the offense still isn't there. Opposite of yesterday, seemingly.

Have to give UCF some credit here. They are being very physical and knocking Upon off its motion. This is the way you counter a fluid motion offense.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
39% shooting. Not enough inside.

They are compensating well for lack of size with physicality. Also like Lobo said - not turning it over and shooting well. This is about as good as UCF can play. When we adjust to the physical play inside I think the paint will open us for us more.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn struggles against zone, trapping teams. And UCF is a good example of why the shot clock needs to be reduced. These lesser teams draining the clock down every time to limit possessions is gutless.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
That bugged me too, so I checked: it's real close to 30 miles.
Wow. I need to get my atlas out.

I still think Picozzi has misspoken several times. He said one of Lou's threes was the 100th of her career (at least that's what I thought I heard). It's her 100th of the season.

The Wooden watch list has 15 members, not 10. The Naismith has 10. That of course is a nit-pick.

I suppose it could be a writer.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Points in the Paint at the half
UCF 5 (2-3)
UConn 5 (3-2)

Disgusting Head bang

Really? I coulda sworn Collier had at least 2 buckets in the paint and Williams got an O board and put back just before halftime.

edited--maybe I'm misreading that. Anyway I looked at a shot chart on ESPN's box score, definitely not much happening in the paint for either team.

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
UConn struggles against zone, trapping teams. And UCF is a good example of why the shot clock needs to be reduced. These lesser teams draining the clock down every time to limit possessions is gutless.

I wouldn't call it gutless. Its a good game strategy for a team like UCF against UConn.

The game is now a chess match. How you move your pieces is very important. Geno and company will make the adjustments.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
UCF started the game playing physical and they are continuing with minimal fouls called by the Refs. UConn has also picked up their physical play as play has continued. Hope no one gets hurt on either team. UCF has no choice to play physical if they want to keep the game close. This is good for the team to handle this physicality this late in the year and right before the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
player I'm worried about is Gabby. She was almost invisible. Not making shots blocks or rebounds as usual. Not much in the passing dept. either but that may be UCF D.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Reduce the shot clock! Hey, do want Harry Perretta to lose his job? :p

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
UCF actually shot marginally better in the second quarter, but UConn did a much better job not giving them extra opportunities off offensive rebounds. I think that was the biggest difference.

The shot-clock-bleeding strategy is very annoying, but I can't blame them for trying it. I'm shocked we don't see it more often.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom