UConn vs. Temple Owls (Saturday 10/5/24 @3:30p @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Temple Owls (Saturday 10/5/24 @3:30p @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM

Reaction Score

Box Score

Reaction Score

under radar game of the week

"In most weeks, watching a game between UConn and Temple would be punishment for shoplifting in some more draconian jurisdictions. But on Saturday, it was actually pretty fun."

Reaction Score
Not that it matters necessarily but they have always played us tough - team needs to stay focused and disciplined and we should be fine.
Not many of our fans may agree with me on this. However, i do feel that Temple is a rivalry game. They have many reasons to dislike us and many reasons for us to dislike them. we joined the Big East and they were getting kicked out for football. They join the AAC and we leave the AAC. Granted our choice but Temple has to think - we have a chip against them. They get in our way and we get in theirs. This is what makes a rivalry in my mind. You don't get to pick who your rivals are - history and fate decides that for you!. Not suggesting we find a name for it either.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Not our best game. Great to win it. But shows that we need to be locked in to win. We don’t have dominating talent.

I understand this comment and mostly agree, but I will say this: especially when considering many of the losses that the "upper echelon" P4 teams have taken, I think that this statement can be applied to almost everyone within reason. We're not bad enough to count out, but we're not good enough to look ahead.

We're not Alabama. Nobody would ever make that mistake. But even Alabama isn't Alabama sometimes (like against Vandy). I think in this new NIL era where kids turn over on rosters fast, you're going to have a bunch more games where NIU beat Notre Dame and lose to Buffalo...

Reaction Score
Not many of our fans may agree with me on this. However, i do feel that Temple is a rivalry game. They have many reasons to dislike us and many reasons for us to dislike them. we joined the Big East and they were getting kicked out for football. They join the AAC and we leave the AAC. Granted our choice but Temple has to think - we have a chip against them. They get in our way and we get in theirs. This is what makes a rivalry in my mind. You don't get to pick who your rivals are - history and fate decides that for you!. Not suggesting we find a name for it either.

You might be the only person that feels this way.

Reaction Score

Practically frame by frame stills of the last play

IMG_0172.jpeg

Reaction Score
I understand this comment and mostly agree, but I will say this: especially when considering many of the losses that the "upper echelon" P4 teams have taken, I think that this statement can be applied to almost everyone within reason. We're not bad enough to count out, but we're not good enough to look ahead.

We're not Alabama. Nobody would ever make that mistake. But even Alabama isn't Alabama sometimes (like against Vandy). I think in this new NIL era where kids turn over on rosters fast, you're going to have a bunch more games where NIU beat Notre Dame and lose to Buffalo...

I also think winning games by 50 and then playing a 1-4 team looks like a trap game. And I can’t say that we approached it that way but we are going to have to fight for every win. Can’t afford to have down days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom