UConn vs So Carolina game thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

UConn vs So Carolina game thread

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Impressive Win by a Well Coached Team. Don't know if it would have made a huge difference, but Dawn should have used a couple of her time outs in the 2nd period. That's when the game became out of Reach.
2nd period? Were you watching a hockey game? :)

Reaction Score
Player of the Game
gabbypog.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Like the lady in the AT&T commercial said expectations met

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
By the way y'all, what the heck is happening to FSU?

This year has kinda been like that. Louisville has a huge win over Notre Dame, then drops a clunker to FSU. Seminoles have a couple clunkers after their big win. Notre Dame rebounds from the Louisville shellacking to get on a roll. Many things have been predictably unpredictable this season.

Reaction Score
I believe both Gabby & Wilson each had 14 pts & 14 rebounds, and Wilson played more minutes. Now you tell me who should be the NPOY?

Gabby also had 5 asts, but Wilson had 16 reb and 6 blks

Reaction Score
I first thought was, Aja has upped her game. Then I see what an advantage she plays with regarding the refs. She should have been in single digits scoring.... Still a gifted player but as the game went on the less impressed I was for at least this game.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Holy smoke! During the postgame coach said "We'll see if it is what it is", and Maria Taylor said, "It is what it is and it ain't what it ain't". Guys, I invented what is, is what ain't, ain't. Man, I should have patented it.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Glad I DVRed this game. Really looking forward to watching it tomorrow (with the mute button on.)

Reaction Score
I thought it was one of Gabby's all-time best performances. I loved it. Kia also was fantastic. I think the WNBA GMs have got to start realizing that the players who have gone through the UConn program should be even more highly valued than they are.

Reaction Score
If she's the best, we are in trouble.
They should have a statistic for officials that tallies the number of calls they make in favor of the home team vs the guest team. I do not have such statistics. My guess is that Dee is more likely to average close to 50%, especially relative to the rest of the other officials I have seen. I would love to see such a statistic because I can be proven wrong. Otherwise it is MHO.

Reaction Score
You mean you didn't want to know that Kara doesn't like tomatoes? LOL
Omg the announcing was awful. Didn’t call the game, obviously biased and while I love Lobo, I feel like she tries so much to be unbiased that she doesn’t always call it like she should. Does anyone else agree?

Reaction Score
I thought it was one of Gabby's all-time best performances. I loved it. Kia also was fantastic. I think the WNBA GMs have got to start realizing that the players who have gone through the UConn program should be even more highly valued than they are.

2 years ago they went 1, 2 and 3. They probably have a clue... Lol.

But I get your point with some estimates on where Kia may get picked.

Reaction Score
Great game by UCONN. There were few eh moments. Lots of BS calls. Were refs trying to avoid a repeat of the SC/Mizz game?? Uconn too Disciplined to allow that to happen. I think Kia had good control twice where she tangled with the S.C. player (couldn’t see her number, Jennings maybe).
I’m kind of tired of hearing about A’ja Wilson and NPOY. They talk about it like she should get it because she’s entitled to it. Gabby/Kia do it all and that should count for something as a lot of what they do is not on a stat sheet.
Enjoyed the game and I wish more people would watch women’s college B.B!

Reaction Score
Hey, talking about the Super Bowl during a women's college basketball broadcast is really important. As is talking about putting clothes on little dogs.
The commentating is more the reason why more people don’t watch... ugh

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
They should have a statistic for officials that tallies the number of calls they make in favor of the home team vs the guest team. I do not have such statistics. My guess is that Dee is more likely to average close to 50%, especially relative to the rest of the other officials I have seen. I would love to see such a statistic because I can be proven wrong. Otherwise it is MHO.
Refs were a MAJOR Embarrassment @

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom