UConn vs (s)Pitt starting up again? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn vs (s)Pitt starting up again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pitt would be a nice second-tier OOC game along the lines of Stanford or Washington.

Playing them does nothing for maintaining our national brand, like games against Duke, Texas, Florida, and Ohio State accomplish.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Oh yah, for some reason I thought they won with TJ ford
Texas Longhorns
Tournament Appearances: 31
Final Fours: 3
Championships: 0
Win-Loss: 35-34

Reaction Score
Correct me if I am wrong here- was'nt the president of Pitt the head of the BE committee that was supposed to be looking out for all our interests at the time Pitt made the decision to leave ( because of football)? That is like driving a bus intended for a certain destination and then taking it somewhere else when the passingers are sleeping in the back.
You are right but if UConn were in the same position we would have jumped too. Hard for me to blame any team with a Di. 1 football program for leaving a doomed conference.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You are right but if UConn were in the same position we would have jumped too. Hard for me to blame any team with a Di. 1 football program for leaving a doomed conference.
Read my post for some distinctions.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

If you think Pitt just "jumped," I suggest you go do some research.

Reaction Score
Yes we need to beef up our ooc. schedule but not with them. We can do better. Basically I don't know squat how you but a schedule together but I'm guessing there are quite a few top 30-50 which Pitt is now that would want to play us. Sure we want to play 1-10 as much as possible and we need those games and the 2nd tier good programs but dam I despise Pitt and those oranges.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I'm being persuaded to the no Pitt. side.

Reaction Score
Any game that puts us in the national spotlight is good for the program. Frankly, I saw Pitt as much more of an archrival than Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Could have been a bigger rivalry with Cuse than it was...The NCAA tourney was lined up nicely for some Cuse/UCONN matchups over the years, but alas, Cuse didn't hold up their end of the bargain.

Reaction Score
I'm not crazy about playing Pitt. Last time we played them I was hoping would be the last time.

I hate their style of play. with With that said, and being stuck in the AAC, it's good to establish as many relationships with programs from the big 5 conferences.

I prefer other programs, but I don't know how difficult it has been to find dance partners that will schedule home-and-home series.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Any game that puts us in the national spotlight is good for the program. Frankly, I saw Pitt as much more of an archrival than Syracuse.

When was that?

Reaction Score
You guys sound like a bunch of losers with this "they don't deserve to play us" garbage.

Yeah, playing our second best rival of the past decade, who is always ranked is beneath UConn somehow.

Bring on more matchups with no historical relevance, that'll show em!

we sound like the BC football douches when we talk like that.

Reaction Score
Maybe we would like to see the Rock return some past favors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom