UCONN vs Providence | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCONN vs Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree 100% and told him that when he posted this:

He would have known this wasn't an appropriate answer and that he couldn't "follow" UConn hockey if he wasn't a fraud who is full of

Someone may be a "fan" and check just the score in the paper. However, a fan knowing just the score of the game does not give you any knowledge of the team or the game. It is hardly "following" the team.

Reaction Score
Someone may be a "fan" and check just the score in the paper. However, a fan knowing just the score of the game does not give you any knowledge of the team or the game. It is hardly "following" the team.
My exact point!

Reaction Score
Exactly the only way to find a score was check out the box scores in the paper. You would on occasion get a line or two depending on who they were playing but that was the extent of coverage on UCONN Hockey.
Late AHA years had some articles, but prior to that there were few if any articles and earlier not even box scores. Facts are funny.

Reaction Score
Late AHA years had some articles, but prior to that there were few if any articles and earlier not even box scores. Facts are funny.

I was the only person covering every UConn home game during the 2012-13 season. It was me and Mike Anthony the following year.

Reaction Score
I was the only person covering every UConn home game during the 2012-13 season. It was me and Mike Anthony the following year.

I was thinking there might have been a time when the Willimantic Chronicle might have covered some home games. But before UConn announced the move to Hockey East, coverage by any paper other than the Daily Campus had to have been a rare thing.

Reaction Score
I was thinking there might have been a time when the Willimantic Chronicle might have covered some home games. But before UConn announced the move to Hockey East, coverage by any paper other than the Daily Campus had to have been a rare thing.

Jerry Trecker would show up on occasion, but it was only a couple times a season. I think he was freelancing for the Chronicle.

Reaction Score
Well, yes, your direct insight further supports articles of any sort, even a one or two liner, were quite the rarity let alone even box scores up to and including the very last few AHA years. For others to suggest otherwise, further flies at Concorde speed into someone's factually unsupported B.S. Consistent, yet nonetheless B.S.

Reaction Score
Jerry Trecker would show up on occasion, but it was only a couple times a season. I think he was freelancing for the Chronicle.

Jerry Trecker! Will Moran would occasionally interview him between periods when he was doing the games on WHUS. Before freelancing for the Chronicle, Trecker worked for many years with the Hartford Courant. For the Courant, I believe he covered soccer and hockey, and at one point he also wrote a sports media column for them.

Reaction Score
Jerry Trecker! Will Moran would occasionally interview him between periods when he was doing the games on WHUS. Before freelancing for the Chronicle, Trecker worked for many years with the Hartford Courant. For the Courant, I believe he covered soccer and hockey, and at one point he also wrote a sports media column for them.

Jerry is a go-to for soccer. He received a media award from the National Soccer Hall of Fame in 2004, and he and his son both do work with Fox Soccer still.

Reaction Score
Yeah he was...my ex-brother-in-law is sports editor there..back then he was a beat writer. The Chronicle would bring in Trecker for a few hockey games. They had better coverage of UConn hockey than the Courant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom