UCONN vs Providence | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN vs Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No offense. Nichols has to stand on his head for team to remain in games..

Reaction Score
Lost on the road to the national champions, a team that is 10th in goals for and goals against per game, and fifth in the Pairwise. #FireCav

Reaction Score
Kunnas and Drake already hurt, and now Austin is out tomorrow with a head injury. Have to dress an extra forward tomorrow (probably El-Mir, unless Ronan is good to go). Injuries were an issue last year, Austin's the most problematic. They've been an issue in 2016, too.

Reaction Score
Cavanaugh shouldn't be fired because he lost to #5 Providence tonight he should be fired because of how they lost. He does not have the cache of a head coach plain and simple. His players do not play for him and by the lack luster effort theu gave tonight and alot of nights in the past 3 years they don't respect him.

Reaction Score
I have not criticized the coaching staff since they have been here but a big problem with this season is you cannot name a sophomore, junior, or senior who has had much of an improvement, especially stat wise, over last year. Few, Drake being one, having shown noticeable improvement. It is a big negative against the coaching staff this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cavanaugh shouldn't be fired because he lost to #5 Providence tonight he should be fired because of how they lost. He does not have the cache of a head coach plain and simple. His players do not play for him and by the lack luster effort theu gave tonight and alot of nights in the past 3 years they don't respect him.

You really are the most delusional person on a website infested with crackpots. It blows my mind when you say stuff like this. His team doesn't play for him? They don't respect him? A couple of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

You can quit hoping Cavanaugh gets fired. Not happening anytime soon. This is his job for the longrun.

Also, "lackluster" is one word.

Reaction Score
I have not criticized the coaching staff since they have been here but a big problem with this season is you cannot name a sophomore, junior, or senior who has had much of an improvement over last year. Few, Drake being one, having shown noticeable improvement. It is a big negative against the coaching staff this year.

Drake is definitely one. I'll give you three more who come to mind: Kyle Huson, Jesse Schwartz, Jeff Wight. Latter two have done really good things in all three zones that won't necessarily show up on stat sheets. Huson has taken advantage of his opportunities and is going out with his most productive season yet. Important, quiet piece on this team.

Reaction Score
You really are the most delusional person on a website infested with crackpots. It blows my mind when you say stuff like this. His team doesn't play for him? They don't respect him? A couple of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

You can quit hoping Cavanaugh gets fired. Not happening anytime soon. This is his job

Drake is definitely one. I'll give you three more who come to mind: Kyle Huson, Jesse Schwartz, Jeff Wight. Latter two have done really good things in all three zones that won't necessarily show up on stat sheets. Huson has taken advantage of his opportunities and is going out with his most productive season yet. Important, quiet piece on this team.
Those three examples you just wrote down proves to Uconn Hockey Nation that your a complete fraud when it comes to talking about hockey. Man you have no clue what your talking about. Mac you hit a bullseye with your statement.

Reaction Score

I'm sorry. This team needs people that show up on the stat sheet as proof of improvement. Outside of the top line, made up of two freshmen, the team produces no offense.

Look at the players' stats for strictly hockey east games. Besides Letunov's numbers and Thompson's power play goals, the rest of the roster's stats are non existent.

Reaction Score
Mac look who Cavanaugh hired as asst coaches on our current staff - they had 0 years coaching experience, 0 years developing college athletes and 0 years recruiting. They were hired by a coach who had 0 years as a head coach. Am I shocked the players have regressed? Nope

Reaction Score

Well, until the last few weeks, I covered nearly every UConn hockey game for four years, observing from an impartial, objective angle, so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about. It's not a subjective statement to say those guys improved from last year. Even if it's not an astronomical leap, it's an improvement.

You're an interesting internet commenter, hockeyfan44. You seem like an extremely lonely, unpleasant person who's simply trying to get attention by spewing hate about a coach who's going to prove to be an ace hiring by Warde Manuel, if you want to believe he hasn't already. You and @mac2351 clearly can't wrap your heads around this UConn team being young and not yet built for Hockey East. This is the hockey version of men's basketball jumping from the Yankee Conference to the Big East at its inception. That team was nowhere near what it had to be. It needed time and the right personnel to build it into a contender. It took several years. UConn has never given hockey the resources to compete. It didn't have them, nor did it have reason to attain them. Now it does. Now UConn is getting what it needs. It will all come together.

Reaction Score
Don't put the two of them in the same class/boat. Go back and look at their posting history. One is not the other.

In this situation (I don't know about others), I see two commenters with a shortsighted view of the staff and a young squad. All I was getting at. I'm not on here a lot, but I know hockeyfan is his own level of nonsense.

Reaction Score
@hockeyfan44 a "Complete fraud" would be you ! You know jack about hockey...you prove it with every post you make on here. The best bulls**t you posted was your "I followed UConn hockey pre-Marshall//AHA" by reading about it in the Courant while drinking scotch sitting by the warmth of a fire. The one great thing about your posts...they let your stupidity shine bright each and every time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-huskies/hc-uconn-hockey-providence-0213-20160212-story.html

Providence head coach quote: "It's a tougher game at their building. We have to be a heck of a lot more disciplined".

Well 56 minutes of total penalties for both teams. IMO, once that lineman got hurt, the remaining refs loved airing out their armpits the rest of game. So many penalties. How was that a goalie interference against UConn, but not against providence when like 4 players bumped into Nichols?

If I remember right, UConn dominated providence for the 1st 5 minutes last year and skated to a 2-2 tie. Our crowd helps with the itimidation factor if people show up. UConn is still in 3rd for home games attendance.

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/statistics/1516/oaattend.php

But, for hockey east ONLY home games, UConn is in a close 2nd
http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/statistics/1516/coattend.php

Reaction Score
There were a few giveaway machines playing against Merrimack. If I was gonna bet..I bet in him playing
Last night's game #13 aka The Giveaway Machine had 2 give aways which resulted in the first 2 goals scored against UCONN. Now if he didn't have those giveaways (once again) the scored would of been PC 1-0 or possibly 0-0 after 2 periods even though PC dominated in time of possession with the puck and shots. I'm not a sports psychologist but UCONN' team psych and energy level would of been completely different going into the 3rd period tied at 0-0 now they are down 3-0 chasing the other team. Maybe we could of grabbed a point with a tie, maybe we could of gotten a few lucky calls, a few lucky bounces, some puck luck in the 3rd period to grab 2 points with a win? This is called coaching and putting your team in the best possible situation not only to compete but to win which at the end of the day winning is the single most important thing for the university.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, until the last few weeks, I covered nearly every UConn hockey game for four years, observing from an impartial, objective angle, so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about. It's not a subjective statement to say those guys improved from last year. Even if it's not an astronomical leap, it's an improvement.

You're an interesting internet commenter, hockeyfan44. You seem like an extremely lonely, unpleasant person who's simply trying to get attention by spewing hate about a coach who's going to prove to be an ace hiring by Warde Manuel, if you want to believe he hasn't already. You and @mac2351 clearly can't wrap your heads around this UConn team being young and not yet built for Hockey East. This is the hockey version of men's basketball jumping from the Yankee Conference to the Big East at its inception. That team was nowhere near what it had to be. It needed time and the right personnel to build it into a contender. It took several years. UConn has never given hockey the resources to compete. It didn't have them, nor did it have reason to attain them. Now it does. Now UConn is getting what it needs. It will all come together.
Not disagreeing with you but bad analogy. Early Uconn BE teams had Corny Thompson, Chuck Alexkinas (wrong spelling I Know) and were immediately competitive. I was in school at that time and watchd those teams. Bad recruiting by Perno and the rise of schools like Gtown, St Johns, Nova and Cuse post 1983 were the dark years that led to the hiring of Calhoun from Northeastern.

Reaction Score
Not disagreeing with you but bad analogy. Early Uconn BE teams had Corny Thompson, Chuck Alexkinas (wrong spelling I Know) and were immediately competitive. I was in school at that time and watchd those teams. Bad recruiting by Perno and the rise of schools like Gtown, St Johns, Nova and Cuse post 1983 were the dark years that led to the hiring of Calhoun from Northeastern.
Those schools didn't rise..they were already there. Perno was the worst recruiter a UConn program has ever seen and an even poorer coach. His recruiting skills can be compared to Jeff Hathaway's AD skills.

Reaction Score
Last night's game #13 aka The Giveaway Machine had 2 give aways which resulted in the first 2 goals scored against UCONN. Now if he didn't have those giveaways (once again) the scored would of been PC 1-0 or possibly 0-0 after 2 periods even though PC dominated in time of possession with the puck and shots. I'm not a sports psychologist but UCONN' team psych and energy level would of been completely different going into the 3rd period tied at 0-0 now they are down 3-0 chasing the other team. Maybe we could of grabbed a point with a tie, maybe we could of gotten a few lucky calls, a few lucky bounces, some puck luck in the 3rd period to grab 2 points with a win? This is called coaching and putting your team in the best possible situation not only to compete but to win.
So here is a GREAT idea...instead of coming here and spreading your broken record BULLS**T..how about you email USA Hockey and tell them they don'tt know how to evaluate players and he didn't belong on the USNTDP, email Rachel Rubin and make yourself a candidate for the UConn hockey job...and email Brendan Buckley and tell him that he knows jack about hockey and playing defense BUT you can help him with your VAST hockey knowledge. Make sure to use the same condescending a s s h a t tone you use when posting here..I'm sure it will add a special extra element to your emails.

Reaction Score
@hockeyfan44 a "Complete fraud" would be you ! You know jack about hockey...you prove it with every post you make on here. The best bulls**t you posted was your "I followed UConn hockey pre-Marshall//AHA" by reading about it in the Courant while drinking scotch sitting by the warmth of a fire. The one great thing about your posts...they let your stupidity shine bright each and every time.

That would be an impossible way of following UConn hockey. In those days you were lucky if the Current would print the score to the game in small type along with the rest of the other game results. Hartford Current game stories and features about the team were practically nonexistent. Not too many media outlets in those days were interested in covering a team that played in an outdoor rink.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That would be an impossible way of following UConn hockey. In those days you were lucky if the Current would print the score to the game in small type along with the rest of the other game results. Hartford Current game stories and features about the team were practically nonexistent. Not too many media outlets in those days were interested in covering a team that played in an outdoor rink.
I agree 100% and told him that when he posted this:
FYI - I followed the team Pre-Marshall in my living room by the fireplace reading the Courant sipping on a scotch. What can I say I don't do the cold lol.
He would have known this wasn't an appropriate answer and that he couldn't "follow" UConn hockey if he wasn't a fraud who is full of

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Exactly the only way to find a score was check out the box scores in the paper. You would on occasion get a line or two depending on who they were playing but that was the extent of coverage on UCONN Hockey. The University and the Athletic Dept have grown into one of the best universities in the country.

Reaction Score
Exactly the only way to find a score was check out the box scores in the paper. You would on occasion get a line or two depending on who they were playing but that was the extent of coverage on UCONN Hockey. The University and the Athletic Dept have grown into one of the best universities in the country.
You have just outed yourself as a fraud...nice try though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom