UCONN vs Providence | The Boneyard

UCONN vs Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hopefully UCONN does not come out timid on Friday night against PC and play back on their heels. UCONN has nothing to loose plus everyone makes the playoffs right. Does it really matter that much if they finish in 9th,10th or 11th place?? Let's face it PC is a good team but they are not as good as last year's team. The difference is with Leaman behind the bench he can make an average team a very good team it doesn't matter if he is coaching a Non Scholarship ECAC Team or a HE Team he gets the best out of his players. Having said that PC lost a few weekends ago to UNH and it took them until OT to beat Maine last weekend 1-0. So yes UCONN can beat PC no doubt in my mind if we don't play timid, if we constantly forecheck with some attitude, if our goalie plays well and if the right players are on the ice during critical points in the game. BLEED BLUE!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd say 4 points would be asking a lot. 3 a Yuge weekend as Donald would say. 1-2 is doable. I agree with you though. Can't play timid. Need to play with attitude and UConn needs to hit people. Not stupid hits but clean hard hits.

Reaction Score
Your right don't need stupid penalties or stupid turnovers which is a good lead into my next question is the Giveaway Machine playing this weekend or is he still on the shelf?

Reaction Score
Your right don't need stupid penalties or stupid turnovers which is a good lead into my next question is the Giveaway Machine playing this weekend or is he still on the shelf?
There were a few giveaway machines playing against Merrimack. If I was gonna bet..I bet in him playing

Reaction Score
There were a few giveaway machines playing against Merrimack. If I was gonna bet..I bet in him playing
We'll if that is the case let's hope Cavanaugh can coral him in this weekend because we need to come out with 2 points this weekend. Yes there were a few giveaways last weekend against Merrimack - that shouldn't be happening so often this late in the season.

Reaction Score
One thing I can be sure of is that Cavanaugh is going to fail to get us in the top 5 of the HE this year and that is on him plain and simple. I'm ready to look for a new voice. Hopefully the new AD can take care of business.

Reaction Score
One thing I can be sure of is that Cavanaugh is going to fail to get us in the top 5 of the HE this year and that is on him plain and simple. I'm ready to look for a new voice. Hopefully the new AD can take care of business.

The top five is all nine points ahead of the other seven teams in Hockey East and includes the national champion, national runner-up, Boston College and two other national powerhouses. Yea, you go out there and overtake them in Year 2, former Atlantic Hockey program.

You didn't deserve a response to this. You're that stupid. I couldn't help myself. UConn is lucky to have Mike Cavanaugh.

Reaction Score
The top five is all nine points ahead of the other seven teams in Hockey East and includes the national champion, national runner-up, Boston College and two other national powerhouses. Yea, you go out there and overtake them in Year 2, former Atlantic Hockey program.

You didn't deserve a response to this. You're that stupid. I couldn't help myself. UConn is lucky to have Mike Cavanaugh.
You're new here so you didn't realize that I like to mock hockeyfraud44

Reaction Score

Hey kid you have no clue about hockey! Keep writing about hoops on the uconn blog because no one looks out of place talking about the UCONN Basketball Programs it's a no brainer. Your out of your league when you attempt to talk about pucks which takes away from your journalistic credentials talking about all other sports. Just a helpful hint from an old time alumni.

Reaction Score
Hey kid you have no clue about hockey! Keep writing about hoops on the uconn blog because no one looks out of place talking about the UCONN Basketball Programs it's a no brainer. Your out of your league when you attempt to talk about pucks which takes away from your journalistic credentials talking about all other sports. Just a helpful hint from an old time alumni.
Another beauty from The Boneyard Hockey forum Curmudgeon...nice job A S S H A T..you show your true colors day by day/post by post. Keep up the great work! FYI if you didn't follow the team during the outdoor days pre-Marshall STFU with your salty advice!

Reaction Score
Another beauty from The Boneyard Hockey forum Curmudgeon...nice job A S S H A T..you show your true colors day by day/post by post. Keep up the great work! FYI if you didn't follow the team during the outdoor days pre-Marshall STFU with your salty advice!
FYI - I followed the team Pre-Marshall in my living room by the fireplace reading the Courant sipping on a scotch. What can I say I don't do the cold lol.

Reaction Score
FYI - I followed the team Pre-Marshall in my living room by the fireplace reading the Courant sipping on a scotch. What can I say I don't do the cold lol.
LOL that must have been a half sip shot of scotch..since the Courant pre Marshall/AHA didn't do much but possibly print the box score and maybe do a small blurb maybe 3-4 sentences long. You could have warmed yourself by the fire by the way between periods in the old warming hut too...just saying. You know what's great about your posts..you reinforce what a tool you are each and every time you hit enter.

Reaction Score
Not a single thing in the post you quoted is wrong..

Reaction Score
LOL that must have been a half sip shot of scotch..since the Courant pre Marshall/AHA didn't do much but possibly print the box score and maybe do a small blurb maybe 3-4 sentences long. You could have warmed yourself by the fire by the way between periods in the old warming hut too...just saying. You know what's great about your posts..you reinforce what a tool you are each and every time you hit enter.
WOW your an angry person. You should check your blood pressure often because you are definitely going to blow a gasket.

Reaction Score
Okay do we know at this time who is in net tonight? Also besides streaming is the game being carried by any TV stations?

Reaction Score
WOW your an angry person. You should check your blood pressure often because you are definitely going to blow a gasket.
Not angry..just calling a spade a spade...or in your case a tool a tool!

Reaction Score
Brass bonanza just calling it like I see it ...
Well then what you should be seeing is UConn's 3-3-1 record this year against those top five teams, all of whom are markedly better teams than UConn and would not surprise anyone to be in the Frozen Four. A couple of those five right now are favorites to win the whole damn thing. The divide between the top five and bottom seven in Hockey East this year is enormous, yet UConn has performed extremely well against those five teams for a program in its second year in the league and still without the same number of scholarships.

Reaction Score
Not angry..just calling a spade a spade...or in your case a tool a tool!

Who needs a tool box?
uconn toolbox.jpg

Reaction Score
Okay do we know at this time who is in net tonight? Also besides streaming is the game being carried by any TV stations?

I guess it's on OSN (ocean state network). I think it's a RI channel through COX communications. Searching online its on 5 or 1005 if you have COX.

Or stream here for $5
http://www.coxhub.com/coxhublive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member