UConn vs. PC at Mohegan 10/25, tickets on sale now | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. PC at Mohegan 10/25, tickets on sale now

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Can someone tell me why the PC Friar is staring in the new slasher thriller movie "Happy Death Day"?

170923_browbeat_deathday_jpg_CROP_thumbnail-small.jpg

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I was in Orlando the year before. Never saw a UCF fan. Where’s the tourney this year?

You want to use UCF as a measuring stick?

And people wonder why we are stuck in this god forsaken conference.

We are supposed to be the standard bearers of this conference. Both on the floor and in the stands. It was a point of pride in the 90's when Calhoun said we had the best fans in the country.

Those days are long gone.

Now we compare ourselves to UCF as an excuse for our pathetic turnout. Beautiful.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
An update on ticket sales for those curious.

Attachments

• 7D8A02FD-38B9-4EF2-8CBF-2A63D9B36E49.png
    7D8A02FD-38B9-4EF2-8CBF-2A63D9B36E49.png
    594.9 KB · Views: 121

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
So around 50% capacity right now?

Anyone care to guess percentage of Providence fans vs UCONN fans?

I’m gunna guess it’s more providence fans than UConn honestly. I hope I’m wrong but this is a game for them that they can finally say they’ve “surpassed UConn” if they win :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I’m gunna guess it’s more providence fans than UConn honestly. I hope I’m wrong but this is a game for them that they can finally say they’ve “surpassed UConn” if they win :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My thoughts too. But I think it's close like 55 to 45.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You want to use UCF as a measuring stick?

I was just saying that no one in Orlando cares about UCF and they still got the tournament back. I hope you feel better.

Reaction Score
I was just saying that no one in Orlando cares about UCF and they still got the tournament back. I hope you feel better.

But they didn't "get it back." This year's tournament is the final year of a multi-year contract. It very likely won't be back in Orlando anytime soon.

August_West

Reaction Score
But they didn't "get it back." This year's tournament is the final year of a multi-year contract. It very likely won't be back in Orlando anytime soon.

Which I believe was supposed to be last year and got bumped.

Hope he feels better.

Seriously though, this is the best year UCF could have it considering their team.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Looks like we had about 10 students show up to be in this year’s promo video.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Your program is such a pathetic joke. "Already knows what they are about". They went 10-8 in the Big East, got bounced from the first round of the Big East tournament and got bounced from the pre-NCAA tournament. If he knows anything, it is that they choke when a tournament comes around, so maybe he should want to learn a bit more, no?

I know you can't see this, but this is nothing more than Cooley avoiding competition and giving saps like you something to soak up regardless of outcome. If you lose, you weren't playing your 'best' players, if you win, you did it with underclassman. It must be nice to be a coach of a program with such little expectation.

Reaction Score
Your program is such a pathetic joke. "Already knows what they are about". They went 10-8 in the Big East, got bounced from the first round of the Big East tournament and got bounced from the pre-NCAA tournament. If he knows anything, it is that they choke when a tournament comes around, so maybe he should want to learn a bit more, no?

I know you can't see this, but this is nothing more than Cooley avoiding competition and giving saps like you something to soak up regardless of outcome. If you lose, you weren't playing your 'best' players, if you win, you did it with underclassman. It must be nice to be a coach of a program with such little expectation.
Ouch

C

Chief00

You know, I kind of agree with your analysis. Just for the record, we aren’t playing seniors either, grad transfers are new to the program.

Reaction Score

I was optimistic about Providence having a chance for the 2nd weekend of the tourney but I am hearing even though Holt could be back close to 100% by BE play Cooley is going to encourage Holt to sit out this year to add an upperclassman-senior to next years roster. That would put PC back to play in contender for both this year and next. This is what I am hearing.

C

Chief00

I went rogue and gave a little spontaneous pep talk yesterday about this being a F ing war not an exhibition game. Some kids eyes were popping out, especially ones from outside the northeast. Our program’s history is more than the trophies you see at the Werth Center - it’s heart, swagger and fight that get the hardware.

August_West

Reaction Score
I went rogue and gave a little spontaneous pep talk yesterday about this being a F ing war not an exhibition game. Some kids eyes were popping out, especially ones from outside the northeast. Our program’s history is more than the trophies you see at the Werth Center - it’s heart, swagger and fight that get the hardware.

And the employee lounge at subway was like " what the hell is this guy talking about"

C

Chief00

And the employee lounge at subway was like " what the hell is this guy talking about"
I remember the role the great Joe McGinn played on the 1999 Championship team. Calhoun let Joe talk to the team any time he wanted to. If Joe was fired up about something he could make a Calhoun speech seem like a PG movie. Nothing was off limits. I had the privilege to hear a couple of those speeches. They were so from the heart - Joe bleed blue to his core. God bless him.

For those who never knew or don’t remember Joe McGinn - here’s a great article. If it doesn’t still brings tears to your eyes - your heart is not beating.

UConn Believed in 'Leprechaun'

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom