UConn vs. PC at Mohegan 10/25, tickets on sale now | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. PC at Mohegan 10/25, tickets on sale now

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
To be fair, I don't think the venue or location was the cause for the terrible showing. The conference has almost 0 fan interest. It's completely reliant on the teams/matchups playing out a particular way. There is almost no history between teams. And many of them are just historically bad teams with no fans. There is no winning formula to selling tickets to the AAC tournament.

UConn played a ranked Cincinnati squad in an elimination game and the place was empty.

-Team with successful pedigree
-Team with a shared history via Big East / AAC
-Semifinal game to an auto bid for the NCAA Tourney

Anymore excuses?

Reaction Score
UConn played a ranked Cincinnati squad in an elimination game and the place was empty.

-Team with successful pedigree
-Team with a shared history via Big East / AAC
-Semifinal game to an auto bid for the NCAA Tourney

Anymore excuses?
We sucked that's why no one showed up. If we were top 25 that place would have been standing room only.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
We sucked that's why no one showed up. If we were top 25 that place would have been standing room only.

And that’s not an excuse, that’s 100% reality

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And that’s not an excuse, that’s 100% reality

Or no one showed up because we are sucky fans. Not that you realize it but Bask is also a UConn football fan and has endured six years of complete misery. #RealFan and not #FairWeatherFan

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Which is pretty much the exact thing that fair weathered fan bases do.

Win that game, and have a 1 game elimination to get into the big dance. Nobody could be bothered.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Which is pretty much the exact thing that fair weathered fan bases do.

Win that game, and have a 1 game elimination to get into the big dance. Nobody could be bothered.
I beat you to this.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I beat you to this.

Just saw that haha. And I'm not dogging anyone for not going if they didn't want to. It's just funny to me to see the excuses and mental gymnastics that we'll do to justify having a half-empty building for a conference tournament game.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Just saw that haha. And I'm not dogging anyone for not going if they didn't want to. It's just funny to me to see the excuses and mental gymnastics that we'll do to justify having a half-empty building for a conference tournament game.
Which ends up as perfect irony.

Reaction Score
Or no one showed up because we are sucky fans. Not that you realize it but Bask is also a UConn football fan and has endured six years of complete misery. #RealFan and not #FairWeatherFan
You have to win to sell tickets. This goes for almost every other team in the country.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
You have to win to sell tickets. This goes for almost every other team in the country.
Whether reality or not, it's still fans being fair weather, (or spoiled or entitled). The fans I admire stick with teams no matter what. Just my preference and what I did following many teams that never hit pay dirt and were frequently at the bottom.

C

Chief00

Lots of seats still available if you want to go! And if you’ve never been Mohegan sun before, the seats up top are still really good because venue is not that big.

10$ upper section
25$ Lower section

Wordbomar - Can you take another picture of the seats? Just curious about the ticket sales.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Wordbomar - Can you take another picture of the seats? Just curious about the ticket sales.
Fddef0s.jpg

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Any news on it being televised?

Guessing that it won’t be because it’s for charity and they want fans in seats not watching

Reaction Score
Think we pretty much blew our shot at ever hosting another tourney with our pathetic showing this past March.

To be fair, the prices were outrageous for the tournament. Wasn't it like 65 or so for the upper deck?

C

Chief00

Let’s focus on the here and now. I think the AAC and NBE media days may have deflected some attention from the game. All we can do is buy tickets and go. Hopefully, enough of people will do that. Free parking and $10 tickets - is reasonable - too bad TicketMaster is not playing nice in the charity sandbox with their fees.

Reaction Score
Let’s focus on the here and now. I think the AAC and NBE media days may have deflected some attention from the game. All we can do is buy tickets and go. Hopefully, enough of people will do that. Free parking and $10 tickets - is reasonable - too bad TicketMaster is not playing nice in the charity sandbox with their fees.
Unless you live 3000 miles from Mohegan. Hoping it's on paid husky vision or something and they donate stream fees

Reaction Score

If I were to go up the day of the game and buy from the box office, would the fees be less?

Reaction Score
To be fair, the prices were outrageous for the tournament. Wasn't it like 65 or so for the upper deck?

They were dirt cheap from what I remember. I bought the full strip for what probably amounted to $5 per game and that was for decent seats.

The fans that were there were great. But as I've said before, it's a small, finicky base relative to what the program has accomplished. Northeast sports fans in general tend to be the spoiled sort simply because of how many options they have. It's a saturated market that doesn't necessarily lend itself to building cult-like college fan bases. I hate it but it is what it is.

Reaction Score
They were dirt cheap from what I remember. I bought the full strip for what probably amounted to $5 per game and that was for decent seats.

The fans that were there were great. But as I've said before, it's a small, finicky base relative to what the program has accomplished. Northeast sports fans in general tend to be the spoiled sort simply because of how many options they have. It's a saturated market that doesn't necessarily lend itself to building cult-like college fan bases. I hate it but it is what it is.
They were cheap a week before on StubHub . I Bought a full strip for $15. BUT if you wanted to buy tickets from XL they were going for $60 per game in the upper deck. I have never understood the pricing model for the aac. They think this is the big east tournament

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
They were cheap a week before on StubHub . I Bought a full strip for $15. BUT if you wanted to buy tickets from XL they were going for $60 per game in the upper deck. I have never understood the pricing model for the aac. They think this is the big east tournament

Regardless we did a terrible hosting job as fans

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom