UConn vs Navy game thread | Page 42 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Navy game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I will need to reassess BS at QB - perhaps the problem is more play calling by coaches and a lack of good QB coaching.

Leaving aside the prior possession disasters and dumb calls - BS needs to get them up to the line so they won't burn a timeout or throw it in the dirt at worse - you still have two attempts from the one.

Reaction Score
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? View from 241:

"Okay, before I address the last minute, what some might consider, mismanagement, allow me to extol the virtues of...you know it! Diaco set his players up to win and caused them to lose--not proximately, directly."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I will need to reassess BS at QB - perhaps the problem is more play calling by coaches and a lack of good QB coaching.

Leaving aside the prior possession disasters and dumb calls - BS needs to get them up to the line so they won't burn a timeout or throw it in the dirt at worse - you still have two attempts from the one.
Pass allows for a couple plays rather than one - not enough time for two runs and that is exactly what happened. Horrible loss

Reaction Score
the problem with all this speculating is that if you looked at the score only, you could say that UCONN played a good Navy team very well and could have won, but when you have seen the game, your answer would be that they SHOULD have won. It was a win just handed to Navy. This how you want to fill up the Rent Bob? or should I say P&W Field. How easy to forget.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I need closure from this thread.

I had to leave house about halfway through the 3rd quarter. Was listening on XM201. Soon thereafter Summers gets the fumble return. Mojo was rocking. Mojo stayed strong. I was almost home when Navy scored. I decided Mojo needed a boost. Rather than transitioning from car to streaming on laptop I drove random roads near my house. Success!!! UConn executes a perfect final drive, has the ball at 1 yard line.

Sure TD coming up. I vividly recalled the big package UConn used last week against Maine. Moved Knappe over to the left; put a TE as the RT; Johnson over the left side for a TD. This was a given.

And then..................reality. Radio announcers had screwed up and thought the final TO was called by Navy. They couldn't believe UConn had used its final TO with the clock stopped.

Knowing UConn lost I still had to watch the final drive. And then I checked out all the threads on this board. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the saneness and relative calm perspective of my of the board.

So, I'm completely bummed out and still without ETOH for another hour to soothe the pain.

However, after I get my daughter from her friend's house, it's game on tonight.

Reaction Score
He has to be fired he is too stupid
Kinda hard to argue against you at the moment. But I'm sure someone will provide the politically "corporate" correct response justifying his end game decision-making.

This reminds me so much of a corporation Im very familiar with. I can see it coming. Justification of the errors to make the folks that do the hiring look good....until, after the fiscal year end numbers are in, and they are deemed unacceptable.

Reaction Score
BS should have ignored the call and dialed his own number . . Roll out, run, throw or throw it away.
If the sentiment that the players should have overruled the coach has this much validity, said coach needs to go.

Reaction Score
It is total BS Diaco is getting his coaching lessons using UConn as guinea pig. These are some serious questions about his coaching decision.
Key and totally acceptable at the moment words "..using UConn as guinea pig..."

Reaction Score
What a shame. Bad clock management kills us again. But gotta love what Shirreffs and the O is capable of.
This hurts too bad right now to look at the positives. We won this game when we had the ball up 24-21 when Diaco decided to get conservative with the predictable Run, Run, Run plays inside our own 10 yard line. He decided to take a page out of former NY Yankees Closer David Robertson with the Houdini act. Look where that got Robertson.....
(Mic drop)

Reaction Score
Seattle had a time out there and we didn't. Big difference.

...and they still passed it when every "expert" said they should run it. Much like today, every "expert" said pass it and not run it. Both results ended badly.

Reaction Score
Got a a link about an actual interview happening and not just a name on some "dream list". I may have come down w/ amnesia from banging my head today.
Got it from a reporter who should know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul