UConn vs Navy game thread | Page 41 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Navy game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coaching malpractice - yep

Chief you nailed it. Pure malpractice and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Imagine our President and AD watching this snow go down. A Fifth-Grade Fantasy FB player could have done better. This guy defines the word AMATEUR.

It's a disgrace what he does to the psyche of our team.
"I love you, you're the best now watch me steal any hope from your soul."

Reaction Score
How does he look hs team in the eye ever again?

What the hell can he say to explain this balless idiotic attempt at being a head coach?

Why wouldn't you run the ball then call a timeout? If you suffer and brain freeze and call the dumbmest timeout since Chris Webber....why the hell would you run the ball after that? In what universe is your team going to get lined up in time? Like Navy would rush to let the ball carrier get up.

He is a fraud. He is PP with a pretty face. This is Benjamin Buttons in real life. We fired PP and hired a his younger self. I have never been this angry over a Uconn loss.

Reaction Score
Can't wait to hear Diaco’s explanation of this debacle. I have bought into his b.s.. He holds the players accountable. He needs to look in the mirror. He has no idea what he's doing. I'm officially off the BD bandwagon.

You get to keep your sanity.

Reaction Score
Diaco just doesn't understand time management. I don't think he is smart enough to grasp it.
I just have no words for this. this is just the worst management of a 1 yard run for td that i have ever seen. there is no rah rah for Diaco. he has proved that he is not a good head coach and i don't think he will ever learn. this was a victory pulled away from a deserving team by an inept head coach.

Reaction Score
Diaco would have owned this victory. Now, he should own this loss. 2nd down and goal, 15 seconds left, no time outs and we run? I feel bad for the kids that stepped up and came back in incredible fashion. Just threw it away. Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
The encouraging thing is they should/could of won this which was not the case the last few years. So now everyone including the coaches need to learn from this. The defensive backfield needs to tighten it up. The coaches need to trust Sherriff's arm more and get a few more people involved in the passing game. Clock management, awful!! The defense proved that they can get physical and adjust. Now the offense needs to prove they can score.

Tough loss and that one is on the coaches more than anyone. Go Huskies!! Beat The Cavs!!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The encouraging thing is they should/could of won this which was not the case the last few years. So now everyone including the coaches need to learn from this. The defensive backfield needs to tighten it up. The coaches need to trust Sherriff's arm more and get a few more people involved in the passing game. Clock management, awful!! The defense proved that they can get physical and adjust. Now the offense needs to prove they can score.

Tough loss and that one is on the coaches more than anyone. Go Huskies!! Beat The Hokies!!

Virginia, not Virginia Tech.

Reaction Score
I just have no words for this. this is just the worst management of a 1 yard run for td that i have ever seen. there is no rah rah for Diaco. he has proved that he is not a good head coach and i don't think he will ever learn. this was a victory pulled away from a deserving team by an inept head coach.

This was even WORSE than Tom Coughlin's inept clock management last year with the Giants!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
OK, I'm no longer throwing things. You can half-heartedly defend the run as a make or miss call. You can't defend blowing two TO's in the last minute.

Reaction Score
That's why Seattle ran the ball.

Nice game, Bob. Love & Peace. Serenity now.

Reaction Score
Ditto. I didn't think it was possible to be this pissed with how "meh" uconn football generally is.

I am livid.

I just feel really bad for the kids! They busted their asses to get back in the game time and time again and Diaco pissed it all away with 2 inexcusable calls at the end of the game!

Reaction Score

Tough loss and that one is on the coaches more than anyone. Go Huskies!! Beat The Cavs!!

Really? Just give it a rest. This guy shows every indication of being determined to grasp defeat away from his players. They gave him every opportunity to believe in them and he bailed out as a Coach and as someone who believes in them. This was disgraceful on the most basic level.

Reaction Score

Are you kidding me? This isn't Pop Warner! This is D1 football, and any other coach at this level would have handled the clock a hell of a lot better than Diaco did!

Reaction Score
Eh,, heat of the moment. Be a bitch and call me on it.
the encouraging thing is you realized your mistake! everyone including you, me, and the rest of the board just needs to learn from this, that we're playing the cavaliers

Reaction Score
This team seems to suffer from serious over coaching as though the players are inexperienced freshmen. This is not a young team but the ultra conservative play calling has hamstrung them in both games so far - as it did last year. Let the players play - use their talents. Field punts, pass the ball, mix it up, use the tight ends!! Play calling is way too conservative. Pass plays are called mainly when the team is behind. And why are they getting behind - giving away possessions with ultra coder stove play calls. Johnson by the way is not thunder as he goes down way too easily for a supposed power runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom