UConn vs. MSU Game Thread | Page 33 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. MSU Game Thread

Reaction Score
I really feel badly for Saniya:( Her final play of a stellar senior year will be an everlasting memory! She deserved better whilethe other ladies have a chance for redemption next year. Great season UCONN.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Wow what a game! What a season by both teams!!! Great year by UCONN and what a game by Gabby Williams!!!! I hope SC is ready to compete Sunday because it's going to be a Barn Burner!!!!!!
What you really mean is "yes,yes,yes,yes, we actually have a chance to win the championship now!"

Reaction Score
Congratulations to MSU...played with great heart. Guess what? The sun's gonna rise again tomorrow. I like our NC chances next season...a lot.

Reaction Score
There is just no excuse for the mental errors. Especially coming out of a timeout. At the absolute worst we should have been playing in double OT.

Brodog16

Alzheimer's sucks
Reaction Score
OK. We lost. Thought for sure we would win but... We didn't. Think our young pups will learn from this? You bet they will!!

Reaction Score
MissSt got 21 more shots...and won on a buzzer beater. Won the rebounding & turnover battle...hats off to them.

But, loads of points left on the floor by UConn. Tough game to bring a clunker :-(

Overall, though...what a great surprise of a season!

Reaction Score
It would have been nice to pull out a tough W tonight and if so, I think we would have won on Sunday. That said, MSU deserved to win tonight. UConn is returning the whole team and adding some great pieces and will surely put a hurting on wcbb for the next 2 years.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I thought UConn missed too many bunnies
I thought UConn missed too many FT's
I thought UConn got killed on the boards.
When MSU inbounded the ball, after Chongs miss UConn was making sure that Williams didnt get the ball. With Vivians fouled out there was only one player who was going to get the ball. Dont let her beat you. They slacked off her a bit and boom.

You win as a team and you lose as a team.

Reaction Score
Feel like I'm in volnation reading this thread all night the whining ang blaming players of choking fair weather fans
This team has exceeded all expectations this year. They have played with heart and passion. They have played under tremendous pressure all season and lost by two points in the final second of the overtime in a Final Four game. The people who posted on this site and congratulated themselves repeatedly on how great "our" team and coach we're during the past 111games need to thank each and every one of these players for the year they have given "us." The carping, whining, and abuse being meted by the various posters on this site ( and you know who you are) is an embarrassment and reflects how unworthy these so-called fans are of one of the greatest programs in the history of college athletics. Shame on each and every one of you. You are not remotely worthy to be discussing Napheesa Collier or Saniya Chong, much less pass judgment on them.

Reaction Score
Strangely, this is pretty much what I was hoping for and expecting at the beginning of the season. Make the Final Four but not win it all. Did not think UConn would be quite as good as Baylor, ND, SC this year. But oh did they impress me. 111-game winning streak and 10th consecutive Final Four. Not too shabby.

Reaction Score
I'm ok. Remember what this team was projected to do preseason. 4 in a row is crazy. 5 would have be out of this world. Time to reload. Great run

Reaction Score
This has been a fabulous season...

Gonna miss Saniya...she played a great game and was as responsible for this miracle year as anyone...WNBA, did you see that slide step?

Gabby is worth the price of an NBA ticket...really hope Atlanta has a crack at her after next year...

Kia...the NCAA tournament phenom, and the team's cool, calm center...

Napheesa and Lou, you guys made this the year that was like a Christmas gift from a long lost uncle...totally unexpected and breathtakingly exciting...can't believe we have you guys for two more years...can you say new streak?

Danger...you just got a glimpse of the summit...that's how it's done in the rare air...can't wait to see you at the reigns next year...

Big steps this year, Natalie...improve as much next year and with your soft touch you will be a force...

Already can't wait for next year...thank you all, ladies...this may be the most fun I've had watching a UConn team!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There is just no excuse for the mental errors. Especially coming out of a timeout. At the absolute worst we should have been playing in double OT.
No excuse? How many times have you ridden a 111 game winning streak and 4 consecutive championships in anything? Now put every great that's ever worn a school jersey in the stands, knowing you're playing for their legacy, too.

Gosh, what possible reason could there be for making a mistake?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I thought UConn missed too many bunnies I thought UConn missed too many FT's I thought UConn got killed on the boards.When MSU inbounded the ball, after Chongs miss UConn was making sure that Williams didnt get the ball. With Vivians fouled out there was only one player who was going to get the ball. Dont let her beat you. They slacked off her a bit and boom.
You win as a team and you lose as a team.

Shoot just 75% on free throws and turn it over "only" ten times and UConn wins. But that didn't happen. Yelling during the game is mostly normal. Going gonzo afterwards does nothing for me. What happened, happened.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

The ugly truth is that every single close game this team is in is rife with poor decisions and silly plays late: This one, Stanford, Notre Dame for the BE title and in South Bend in 2013...

Two late timeouts tonight and what happens? Collier and Chong basically run into one another and turn it over, then Chong rushes that shot with nowhere to go.

Reaction Score
The ugly truth is that every single close game this team is in is rife with poor decisions and silly plays late: This one, Stanford, Notre Dame for the BE title and in South Bend in 2013...

Two late timeouts tonight and what happens? Collier and Chong basically run into one another and turn it over, then Chong rushes that shot with nowhere to go.

They play close games once in a blue moon and every time they do....

Reaction Score
This was a collective loss, not just on Saniya... alot of missed opportunities... MS just played a better game. They weren't as tenative, they hustled more. I think we were overwhelmed... And like Geno said... now some of them have experienced this feeling... what doesn't kill you makes you stronger... They played amazing all year. Losing one game takes nothing away. All this will do is feed the fire for next year.

I love you huskies :)

Reaction Score

Clearly you should be coaching UConn because your knowledge and acumen far exceed that of the current coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom