UConn vs. MSU Game Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. MSU Game Thread

Reaction Score
Man. Gotta love the college game and their halftime. As a high school coach, I get 10 minutes at halftime to make adjustments and pray that girls were paying attention :)

Reaction Score
Saniya scored 9 points, drew a couple fouls, and played some pretty good D.

They're the only ones who showed up.

Nurse: 2 missed shots, 2 turnovers, 2 fouls, and literally nothing else
Lou: 2 FGs, 3 rebounds, but 3 turnovers also, including a big momentum play where she gave up on a ball that was stolen from her
Collier: 1-5 from the field
Butler: 2 turnovers and a foul, literally nothing else
Dangerfield: 1 FT and literally nothing else

Reaction Score
What is galling is that we are being killed on the boards. :mad::mad:MSU offensively is just average but we cant get our hands on the ball. Head bang
No box outs. Nobody is moving to the ball off a miss... just shuffling with no urgency. I bet we will see some fires lit on the glass this half.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Geno is going to have them so rattled they are going to come out and probably play worse than they did in the first quarter. Remember these are really young players and are not use to being in this situation. The first five minutes will determine this game

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Hope it is Geno magic to let MS control tempo. No pressure on ball as we have seen him actually press teams of less caliber.
They take 10 off the shot clock every time down. Fear of fouls because of lack of depth has finally set in.

They're not deep enough to press. If they just played their normal brand of defense we would be in good shape. Nobody is getting boards. I'm sure the gauntlet will be thrown down in the locker room.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IF Miss St continues to control the boards it will be difficult to comeback all the way unless Team shoots lights out from 3 point line. Miss St getting too many 2nd chance points. Except for when Natalie attempted to setup for a shot, I thought she played well. If Geno plays her in 2nd half, all I want her to do is to push the Miss St post players away from the low post and REBOUND. Napheesa has been completely shut down in the low post where she gets most of her points.

However, when the game looked bleak, Saniya got into the game and made some key shots to cut Miss St's lead. Unfortunately Miss St built the lead back to 9 points. Game is not over. Team needs to come out on fire in the 3rd Quarter. Have to have the lead starting the 4th Quarter.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno is going to have them so rattled they are going to come out and probably play worse than they did in the first quarter. Remember these are really young players and are not use to being in this situation. The first five minutes will determine this game
Wait, Geno is going to make them play worse? LOL. People are losing it

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Nice analysis by Andy at the half. Stops and makes, and rebounds.

Reaction Score
I am surprised that we didn't come out with a little full court action to push the tempo some.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Wait, Geno is going to make them play worse? LOL. People are losing it
What I'm trying to say is because they are young maybe his rattling will have a bad effect on them. that's all

wyo angel

spicy. spunky. sassy. an angel in disguise.
Reaction Score
:rolleyes:Hubbies halftime speech was motivating. I think we're going to see a change!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Stops, rebounds, and makes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member