UConn vs Italian All-Stars | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Italian All-Stars

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Bizarro's starting lineup for this fall - heh heh.

Good to see Lexi in uniform, finally. I wasn't able to watch much yet - did she play?

heh heh but you just called up the narcissistic self-in.....

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1st -

Collier with a nice turnaround jumper from the foul line

Stevens to Collier to KLS for the layup in transition.

Walker misses her first shot, a three from the corner.

Tough reverse layup by Irwin while getting bumped.

And there's where Collier gets hurt; came down on an Italian player's foot. Got off the floor pretty quick but needed a little bit of help from Nurse and Irwin.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Big game for Irwin, rough shooting performance again for Walker.

The freshmen were 3-19 combined. They did have 19 rebounds between them.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nifty move inside by Camara for her only basket.

Dangefield makes a terrific bounce pass in transition for an uncontested layup attempt by Irwin but she misses it. Geno locks his hands behind his head and looks down.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Really nice short pass in traffic by Walker to get AEH a layup.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Collier seemed to be holding her leg up in this postgame photo.

Sure looked like a sprain.

DHiZY6kWAAASO1B.jpg

Reaction Score
Big game for Irwin, rough shooting performance again for Walker.

The freshmen were 3-19 combined. They did have 19 rebounds between them.
How many among them scored? A big game for Kyla is huge---this is what I've been salivating for since April--Molly/Irwin/Danger/maybe Walker/Gordon/etc puting up stats that help the team.
I surely hope (and so does Shirley) that Erwin maintains that which is reported herein.
Until these sophs and Frosh, transfers prove to be useful in Big games--Geno still does not have a bench--Erwin's performance helps a lot.

Reaction Score
Hunter had the layup on the good Walker assist, and Walker had 6 points on 2-10 shooting. The other two were scoreless.
I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question--nice answer. A layup doesn't see m like much but it's a break through for a new frosh--good sign.

Reaction Score
On the video--which sometimes looked like a bowl of raisins and cranberries to my old eyes--it appears 'Pheesa ran into a scrum under the hoop and got tangled up. She rose limping and was helped off. For the rest, I think Lou tweaked her ankle at one point; I wonder if it's not still tender. Kia was amazing: she is the World's Biggest Pest on the court and about to have her greatest year at UConn. Crystal's 3 is still unreliable as was Mo's early in her career. Irwin got some results but still lacks quicks on D. Taken all in all, this team appears as if it will have its way with anyone it faces during the season--inside, outside, all around the court. Our chats this year will mostly focus on MOV.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
How many among them scored? A big game for Kyla is huge---this is what I've been salivating for since April--Molly/Irwin/Danger/maybe Walker/Gordon/etc puting up stats that help the team.
I surely hope (and so does Shirley) that Erwin maintains that which is reported herein.
Until these sophs and Frosh, transfers prove to be useful in Big games--Geno still does not have a bench--Erwin's performance helps a lot.
I agree with you, Broadway. UConn has a bevy of skilled players who can score the basketball but if Irwin and BatCam (sounds like something Bruce Wayne would have) can contribute toughness in the paint, that's a dimension the Huskies didn't have (and could have used against Mississippi State) last season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom