UConn vs Italian All-Stars | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Italian All-Stars

Reaction Score
She has all the tools. Just needs the head where it needs to be. The sophomore leap maybe? She's the most ambidextrous big girl I have ever seen.
Kyla Erwin has a few redeeming virtues : She's not afraid to score, inside or out--she has a bit of inside toughness and courage. If she can score on a credible basis, she will increase her PT. I'm not so sure what you meant by "needs the head where it needs to be"--so jump to a conclusion.
If she had learned anything from Geno during the year, understood his defense, and takes what the opponents give (Geno's basic basketball)--her head shall follow.
I would love to see Kyla, Molly, Danger and Walker hit the floor running and scoring--now that is likely with Danger and maybe with Walker. Geno needs them.

Reaction Score
I agree with you, Broadway. UConn has a bevy of skilled players who can score the basketball but if Irwin and BatCam (sounds like something Bruce Wayne would have) can contribute toughness in the paint, that's a dimension the Huskies didn't have (and could have used against Mississippi State) last season.
You had me totally confused with BatCam ---I thought she was Touly Camara--I get the BatCam--but it's new to me. I'm having trouble just with the REAL names of the newbies---I keep losing Makalya Coombs in the shuffle of the new 4--haven't placed a name with each face yet. My local girl making good--Walker--changes looks, and glasses just puts me further into confusion. With the Roster , that helps.

Reaction Score
You noticed too. Someone send Kathy a copy of the best seller Weight Loss Italian Cuisine fast. We have a lot invested in Geno.
That was the book that Got Geno is reading in Italy---reading and doing ain't the same. Believe me.

Reaction Score
I have lost over 400 pound ---like 20 pounds each summer over the last 20 years or so.
I it's not a yo-yo diet---it's loving food in the winter with too much Wbb to keep this potato couched.

Ummmm.....not sure if ur joking or not, but losing weight isn't easy. And making light of it isn't funny.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Megan has 9 rebs (the most, Z has 8) and 2 asts, 6 pts. Not bad for a freshman.

Looks like Megan understands that even (or especially) when the shots aren't falling, blue-collar Huskies contribute in other substantial ways and keep developing other parts of their game. For some younger players, that's a hard lesson to learn; remember Kia's funk when she couldn't score? Until Megan adjusts to the UConn offense and collegiate defenders and finds her scoring opportunities and touch, she can be a very valuable rebounder and defender. She seems to know that— the points will eventually come.

Reaction Score
Ummmm.....not sure if ur joking or not, but losing weight isn't easy. And making light of it isn't funny.
Broadway said he lost 20 lbs for every summer in the last 20 years. Total is 400 lbs.
Still, this is an amazing achievement.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Broadway said he lost 20 lbs for every summer in the last 20 years. Total is 400 lbs.

Next to Oprah and Marie Osmond Broadway is an amateur.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree with you, Broadway. UConn has a bevy of skilled players who can score the basketball but if Irwin and BatCam (sounds like something Bruce Wayne would have) can contribute toughness in the paint, that's a dimension the Huskies didn't have (and could have used against Mississippi State) last season.
BatCam--I like it!

JS

Reaction Score
No it isn't. The joke is that while he lost a total of 400 lbs. he also gained 400 lbs. (gained back the summer 20 each winter).

You can tell Geew got it because she made a joke of her own ("Losing weight isn't easy. And making light of it isn't funny." Ha ha.

Or maybe not. Anyway, people should lighten up . . . Oops . . .

Reaction Score
Bak in 1930 - 1960s, the NYC subway platforms contained scales. For a penny, you could weigh yourself and also get your fortune told. The scales included the phrase, "Weigh your fate." Almost every scale had the "e" in fate scratched off by jokesters waiting for trains.
9232796_1.jpg

Reaction Score
No it isn't. The joke is that while he lost a total of 400 lbs. he also gained 400 lbs. (gained back the summer 20 each winter).

You can tell Geew got it because she made a joke of her own ("Losing weight isn't easy. And making light of it isn't funny." Ha ha.

Yes, losing weight isn't easy. Especially when you were watching UConn games and eating peanut butter snacks.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Thanks again for continuing to keep the BY updated and providing video footage. I hope Napheesa will be ok, and she will be ready for the season. Nice game by Kyla :).

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Pregame:

DHhg_BGXsAAbb_m.jpg
In this shot Mikayla seems to be taller than I thought she was. Here she looks at least as tall as Andi, and only an inch or so shorter than CD. Gee, we haven't had a Hartley units discussion for a while.

Pheesa has the upright posture thing going on. BatCam looks rather military (a compliment). I wish I knew the wingspans of Pheesa and Z.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Collier seemed to be holding her leg up in this postgame photo.

Sure looked like a sprain.

DHiZY6kWAAASO1B.jpg

This is a nice photo. If I were a UConn player, I'd want two copies of this. One to give to my parents, and one for me. I'd have it professionally matted and framed, and would hang it somewhere in my dorm room or apartment, as a lasting reminder of the wonderful time we had in Italy during the summer of 2017. :)

Reaction Score

The joke is on you --it is real --and in doing so I maintained my "normal" weight for more than 7 months a year.

Reaction Score
Yes, it is! It's a joke! I am quite positive Broadway meant no harm by it. Lets not get overly sensitive here.
JS got the status of the statement---joke? no truism---in order to maintain my "working" weight I worked at weight reduction 12 months per year--only the winters are more difficult--because the outside activity was limited.
With knees that won't forgive, I was not a runner--so I walked--usually greater than 25 miles per week (counting non-exercise walking more like 50)
As I lost weight I was able to maintain my Normal weight---it was half joke wrapped in actual events
But thank you TITLETOWN---I appreciate the nice words---why do people have problems with a joke --even a true one??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom