UCONN vs Houston Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UCONN vs Houston Game Thread

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
As the penguins did in Madagascar, just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Don't forget Purvis' defense. Even bigger and am so won't show on his stats.

I've been the biggest fan of Rodney's defense all year (with much backlash from the Yard). He's our best on ball defender in my opinion, and he showed it again tonight...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Takeaways. Adams showed up. Rodney showed up. Vital and Jackson were what they are. Facey....still a no show. So tomorrow...Facey returns to the promised land. This is possible.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Vital and Jackson were the early stars. Then Purvis then JALEN AND Brimah.

They all stepped up their game, and Jalen was simply awesome.

I have to say, when I saw Purvis come to the table after thinking he was knocked out for good, I had chills run down my spine. I think that moment really gave the team a boost. I finally understand the Willis Reed moment now...

Reaction Score
Everyone had their moments. Hell even Kentan who's been downright awful got a huge put back and to his credit gave the two hands up while looking up like "about time", maybe a little confidence seeing one go in?

Jalen was amazing in the 2nd half. Rodney, what a heart that guy had he was down and out for a minute tough . Vital, big play making the cut on a nice pass from Brimah. Vance hit a monster 3.

Though the staff made an awful mistake to start the 2nd half going to the lob play out of the gate. Jalen came off the screen and had a wide open 12 footer but waited of the play then throw a lob to AB who pushed a 5'10 guy I'm thinking oh crap! Then they run off 4 straight quick ones and we get a TO, "here we go, uh oh". Our guys make a run, UH makes a run then AB comes back in and in this 3 minute run he makes a huge difference a couple blocks, couple shot changes and a great tip in. They kept their poise, made the right plays, some big shots and here we are dreaming again. Not really, but maybe a little! LOL

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom