Uconn VS Georgetown 1/5/22 CANCELED | The Boneyard

Uconn VS Georgetown 1/5/22 CANCELED

Reaction Score
I just Received an email from Ticketmaster informing me that this game will be canceled.

Hopefully the Uconn VS Creighton At Gampel 1/9/22 will be played

Reaction Score
Are coaches allowed to set up replacement games like last year?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
By the time we play again we might be at full strength. :confused:
By the time UConn plays again I hope it's this before March.

Reaction Score
Has there been any official announcement that would indicate which program caused the cancellation?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I just got the Ticketmaster email. I was really hoping to see Azzi. She has the arena scoring record.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Do we have any idea whether Geno is trying to fill this time with another opponent...any hints from The Horde?

Reaction Score
Has there been any official announcement that would indicate which program caused the cancellation?
Georgetown did have a game canceled versus St. John’s days ago due to Covid issues within their program so the question is could UConn have played

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Do we have any idea whether Geno is trying to fill this time with another opponent...any hints from The Horde?
If the COVID issues are now associated with the UConn team/staff as Alexa implies, they would not be able to schedule other teams.

Reaction Score
Unless the game is confirmed cancelled and not postponed, getting another opponent is not an option. Not to mention that the Cv issues are at UConn

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The silver lining to all of this is that it allows for all the players to get healthier without having to miss any games (for the injured players). The downside is that no matter how much practice the team gets, there is nothing like an actual game to see where the team has gotten better, compared to what still needs to be worked on.

I fear that the rest of the season will look like this. If things don't get better under control, I could see the NCAA's being cancelled again this year. :(

Reaction Score
The silver lining to all of this is that it allows for all the players to get healthier without having to miss any games (for the injured players). The downside is that no matter how much practice the team gets, there is nothing like an actual game to see where the team has gotten better, compared to what still needs to be worked on.

I fear that the rest of the season will look like this. If things don't get better under control, I could see the NCAA's being cancelled again this year. :(
With all of UConn’s injuries the amount of positives needed to be below the level is small as I saw they had like 8 people healthy going into the holiday break

Reaction Score
In addition to no games, their practices may not be as productive depending on how many and who is out with Covid. In that case you run the risk of losing the traction that some of those that weren't injured were beginning to gain. So if they come back a bit rusty the Neanderthals that love throwing rocks at those who don't perform to their satisfaction will have Christmas all over again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In addition to no games, their practices may not be as productive depending on how many and who is out with Covid. In that case you run the risk of losing the traction that some of those that weren't injured were beginning to gain. So if they come back a bit rusty the Neanderthals that love throwing rocks at those who don't perform to their satisfaction will have Christmas all over again.
I wonder how many people tested positive as Hurley said on the men’s side that those who have tested negative multiple times are getting in some practice

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I wonder how many people tested positive as Hurley said on the men’s side that those who have tested negative multiple times are getting in some practice
I thought I heard 9.

Reaction Score
Not good news. UCONN needs to stay/ get healthy
and play some games!!! So much for Happy New Year!
Go Huskies!! Be Safe!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom