Uconn VS Georgetown 1/5/22 CANCELED | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconn VS Georgetown 1/5/22 CANCELED

Reaction Score
Why the radio silence?
We don’t need specifics as to who has what, but some general response
would indicate some level of respect for the team‘s fans and supporters.
I hope everyone gets well soon, but continually keeping your fans totally in the dark is not the way to go.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Why the radio silence?
I hope everyone gets well soon, but continually keeping your fans totally in the dark is not the way to go.
:eek:General response= game cancelled.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The next Prognosticators Predictions thread will be posted on 1/4/22 for the @Villanova game.

Reaction Score
I just heard 9 members of the UConn women's team have tested positive. Wife told me it was on facebook.

Reaction Score
The prior 2 cancellations were related to covid problems with the other team. As I understand it, we don't know if this was caused at Uconn or not. Hopefully it's not withing Uconn yet but the chances of that are increasing daily. The daily covid infections are now about twice the highest rate ever in the USA, ( approaching 500000 a day now ) especially in the greater NYC area, this is no surprise. It probably continues for a while as kids come back from the holidays.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The most important thing is not when UConn will play again. Most important is that the players who have been infected have mild symptoms and a complete recovery. Whether they play again this season is not as important as a complete recovery. The season may not be completed anyway.:confused:

Reaction Score
At this rate Paige will be in the starting line up for the next game.
not only will Paige be back but Ice and Patterson will be in the lineup as well....which leads to another question will the seniors be granted another year due to covid ?

Reaction Score
Who has Covid? What team cancelled? Meaningless questions. What will anyone do with the answers? It’s a pandemic. Everyone has it. There will be many more cancellations before we get through it. All we can do is hope it abates so the season can continue and the tourney can be played. Till then I wish everyone good health and a bourbon soaked cherry in their Manhattans.

Reaction Score
Who has Covid? What team cancelled? Meaningless questions. What will anyone do with the answers? It’s a pandemic. Everyone has it. There will be many more cancellations before we get through it. All we can do is hope it abates so the season can continue and the tourney can be played. Till then I wish everyone good health and a bourbon soaked cherry in their Manhattans.
Would you please share with us what you consider a meaningful question?

Reaction Score
UIW, the team my daughter is a grad assistant for, has players and coaches with Covid. They can play as long as there are 8 players and 1 coach. Does anyone know what the BE requires?

Reaction Score
UIW, the team my daughter is a grad assistant for, has players and coaches with Covid. They can play as long as there are 8 players and 1 coach. Does anyone know what the BE requires?
7 scholarship players and 1 coach and injured players even if they are returning and on minute restrictions don’t count as part of the seven

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Your curt response avoided the point of the post: not to keep fans totally in the dark.
Precisely!
Obviously you are not "totally" in the dark if you know the game has been cancelled.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Your curt response avoided the point of the post: not to keep fans totally in the dark.
There is no reason for the team to announce who has tested positive. Now if the person(s) who have tested positive want to say anything then they have the right to say so. It is not OUR right to know who has or has not tested positive for COVID, PERIOD!!

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Why the radio silence?
Sorry, I agree fully with MSGRET about what we need to know about medical conditions. How about the respect we should show to players, coaches, who deserve privacy? Maybe I think differently about such touchy areas, but I don't see an obligation on the part of people who are already exposed to public judgements and demands.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I believe that was the men's team.
STORRS, Conn. -- UConn coach Dan Hurley was reveling in the return of basketball this season -- the ability to travel to a tournament his team played in the Bahamas, the loud crowds at home and away games -- when just before Christmas he began feeling sick.

Like many other programs, the Huskies (10-3) are now in a pause because of COVID-19, with Hurley, other staff members and nine players having tested positive or showing symptoms, so far. Two games have been canceled or postponed. [LINK]

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sorry, I agree fully with MSGRET about what we need to know about medical conditions. How about the respect we should show to players, coaches, who deserve privacy? Maybe I think differently about such touchy areas, but I don't see an obligation on the part of people who are already exposed to public judgements and demands.
It's against the law for any company, school or organization to release or publish a persons (players) medical record/history without their permission. To do so without THAT person's written consent would open them up to a lawsuit.

Reaction Score
I don’t believe that anyone is asking specifically who has what.
Or that anyone is advocating being disrespectful to the players or staff.
That is a red herring.
UConn is a public institution and should feel an obligation to share statistics and protocols
with the public.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom