UConn vs. Duke game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Duke game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No foul call on the collision with Hartley.

Reaction Score
Here comes Duke. Only down 15, and they can pile up points quickly, so this is far from over.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well, if you told me UConn would have a 15 point lead at halftime, I'd have taken it, but jeez, that was a crappy way to close out the first 20 minutes. Squandering a 23 point lead!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The last 3 minutes of the half was some of the worse Basketball we've seen by this team this year. Yes, Duke upped their Defensive Intensity, but can't attempt some of the passes they made. Other then the last three minutes great 1st half of basketball. Could have been a 25 point lead instead of only 15.

Geno will have plenty to talk about during half time. :)

U

UCONNfan1

Terrible end to the half there. This game should be over, 25+.
True but Duke is a really good team. You can't expect UCONN to demolish them for a full 40 minutes. The Stanford game was closer, and I realize they were without Kaleena or Morgan for MD or PSU, but those games were wins of under 20 points. I wouldn't be surprised to see a closer 2nd half and see UCONN win by about 20. I think Duke started getting their sea legs the last 8 minutes of the half. McCallie will focus on that in her halftime speech and I bet they come out on fire in the 2nd half (Duke). See how UCONN weathers that storm.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Any speculation why Chong did not take off her warmups?

That's a very good question. The rotation is a bit off in this game, both in terms of who's not really playing and who is but isn't being rotated in and out the way you might expect.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Any speculation why Chong did not take off her warmups?
I doubt Geno wants to put in a Frosh. Remember, he has two extra people he wants to work in. I wouldn't think she plays unless it is blow out city.

Reaction Score
Up 15 and the half............Watch what UCONN does the 1st 10 minutes of the 2nd half..............GO UCONN!!!

Reaction Score
How in the heck can Breanna Stewart make so many superior plays and then make plays that a high school player would be benched for???? There was a couple of really bad passes that led to Dukes 8-0 run and the defense needs to guard that Alyssa Gray entry from the right side for those baskets off the glass. UConn has given the Dukies a breath of life that they shouldn't have had. To make a mistake is fine, but to put a few together like that really was so out of character for the Huskies and I hope they come back and start playing like they're capable of. I haven't seen a whole lot out of Bria Hartley. Defensively, she's been beat a few times and not a lot of offense. I thought she usually was biggest in the big games.

Reaction Score
True but Duke is a really good team. You can't expect UCONN to demolish them for a full 40 minutes. The Stanford game was closer, and I realize they were without Kaleena or Morgan for MD or PSU, but those games were wins of under 20 points. I wouldn't be surprised to see a closer 2nd half and see UCONN win by about 20. I think Duke started getting their sea legs the last 8 minutes of the half. McCallie will focus on that in her halftime speech and I bet they come out on fire in the 2nd half (Duke). See how UCONN weathers that storm.
I think it's UConn on fire coming out of the second half. They really gave away points to Duke in those last couple of minutes without making Duke earn them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom