UConn vs. DePaul post game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. DePaul post game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
If I had a game called against me that way I'd be upset as well. Unusual to see UConn get the benefit of such one-sided officiating like this fora change but thanks anyway: it does not even out.
Fouls are NOT supposed to be called equally on both teams. Doug's players hacked and were called for fouls. Are you suggesting that UConn should be called for fouls when they don't hack?

Reaction Score
A most enjoyable game. Finally playing at Gampel. This far into the season to play at Gampel. Inexcusable!!

Defense - outstanding. Continual pressure the whole game, well almost. Nika shuts down Peoples. Love it. Everybody eats!!!! After DePaul's early scoring, it was all over. 6 points in 23 seconds and another 12 - 0 run to close out the quarter. By halftime the game was over.

Most important was the bench getting significant minutes in the second half. Ice is getting there as is Q. Ines and Amari did well.

Next up Marquette.
Probably the best 11 minutes of Amari’s time at UConn! Very happy for her! It doesn’t change anything of course, but still, it surely made her happy and that makes me happy!

Reaction Score
It’s amazing how people on this board try to create controversy when there isn’t one
Saying something like Ashland shade has surpassed KK Arnold’s performance, so decisively is just plain silly
Shows a lack of understanding of basketball
I guess you just look at how many points somebody scores and decide there a better player
You can make the case very easily the KK has been the best freshman for UConn given the position she plays point guard, which is the hardest position to play
Additionally, her defense has been stellar
She’s been absolutely a key to Uconn, playing it, up-tempo style, her steals, deflections in ability to push pace and get into the paint has been very impressive at this point. It’s probably a better defensive player than Ashland Shade, who is still good by the way
Have to agree. While Ash had a good game tonight, somethng we’ve grown quite accustomed to, KK has also become a critical part of this team’s success. The fact that Ash tends to score more means nothing. I really don’t want to compare them in that way as both contribute in different but equally important ways to the overall effectiveness of this team! KK provides this team with something we’ve been missing for a long time! That is, of course, speed! Not just ordinary speed either. KK brings speed like we haven’t seen since Mo! My fondest hope is that they will be cowinners of the Big East Rookie of the Year award!

Reaction Score
fouls
You (and others) saw a different game. It happens; no big deal. My opinions sometimes change when I rewatch a game but that didn't happen this time. UConn got a free pass for the afternoon and DePaul got some tickytack and phantom calls. YMMV.

Reaction Score
Regarding copyright protections, are we SNY-deprived out-of-towners now to assume that there is no longer a way to view legitimately even a 6- or 7-minute video highlight of games?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Regarding copyright protections, are we SNY-deprived out-of-towners now to assume that there is no longer a way to view legitimately even a 6- or 7-minute video highlight of games?
Highlights have been posted in another thread.

Are we done talking about the game?

Reaction Score
I don’t think she has. They both are neck and neck to me with alternating good games be quiet games. KKs defense and passing make up for the scoring advantage Ash has imo.
Teammates complement each other's game. This is not an "EITHER/ OR" but "BOTH".
I agree with hoopsnloops32. Looks like a CO-BIG East Freshman POY (IMO). GO TEAM!!
GO KK!! GO ASH!!

Reaction Score
Probably the best 11 minutes of Amari’s time at UConn! Very happy for her! It doesn’t change anything of course, but still, it surely made her happy and that makes me happy!
I concur!

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Muhl on Peoples? Sorry about your luck Anaya. Zero points when guarded by Nika.

DePaul is a perfect example of a school that can’t compete with the transfer portal and NIL They just don’t have the talent to match up with UCONN.

I know Caitlin Clark is getting the national commercials and a media darling (and a great player) but I tend to think Paige is better. Paige is a little more consistent and more versatile.

Foul shooting has taken a noticeable upturn. The missed layup issue has returned at least for today.

There are probably some places that are comparable but the home atmosphere at UCONN is consistently the best in the country. A knowledgable, loud crowd that mostly stays until the end.

Ines didn't play great but wow does she have quick hands.
DePaul is a perfect example of a school that can’t compete with the transfer portal and NIL.
With the exception of UConn the schools in the big East can't compete

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
DePaul is a perfect example of a school that can’t compete with the transfer portal and NIL.
With the exception of UConn the schools in the big East can't compete
Sadly, many BE schools, like many “mid-majors” around the country, have effectively become farm teams for P-5 schools, losing their best players to greener pastures elsewhere.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Sadly, many BE schools, like many “mid-majors” around the country, have effectively become farm teams for P-5 schools, losing their best players to greener pastures elsewhere.
With all the complaints about the AAC those schools are all, across all sports and their venues, trending up much better than the NBE.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
With all the complaints about the AAC those schools are all, across all sports and their venues, trending up much better than the NBE.
The difference is the additional revenue from D1 football programs. Several AAC schools have migrated to P5 conferences where television revenue leads to alumni collectives that fund very competitive NIL deals for athletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom