Uconn vs Cincinnati Official Predictions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Uconn vs Cincinnati Official Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A UConn defense that generates no pressure (Blitz less than a handful a game ) against a really good Cincinnati offense... I'm going to say 40-13 Bearcats. Against USF we got to the goal line or at least close to the goal line about 4 times and we couldn't score, if UConn can change that then this can be a totally different ball game. We must generate pressure too of course.

Reaction Score
Got a group of 7 college buddies headed to the game in an RV from NYC. First time in Cincy. Should be fun

Head over to the Hoffbrau Haus in Newport over the bridge after the game. German beer hall and usually a lot of crazy young girls on a saturday night. Sunday hangover.

Reaction Score
If we don't get a pass rush we are dead in the water. It is my hope that Diaco has a blitz package he unleashes.

I believe this is the essence of the game. If their QB sits back with lots of time to find a talented receiving corps, it will be tough. Our best chance is some timely blitz pressure and a few turnovers from an aggressive group of DB's that get the chance to ball hawk without penalty flags showering done. Special teams will, as always, be critical to team success with both positive field position and situational scoring a must.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I believe this is the essence of the game. If their QB sits back with lots of time to find a talented receiving corps, it will be tough. Our best chance is some timely blitz pressure and a few turnovers from an aggressive group of DB's that get the chance to ball hawk without penalty flags showering done. Special teams will, as always, be critical to team success with both positive field position and situational scoring a must.

I agree this is what needs to be done...but this goes against BD's philosophy. But...he does seem like the kind of coach who will flex to the situation. It should be interesting.

Reaction Score
They're predicting 90% rain on Saturday in Cincy. Might keep the scoring down which could be good for us. Or could it? :confused:

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Huskies stay strong on the back end on D, keeping the cats in front of them and forcing a couple of turnovers. They capitalize early in the red zone and dominate possession in a 31-14 road win, getting back on schedule for bowl eligibility. AACreigns, having secretly bet his life savings on UConn plus 14, retires to fairfield county.

Reaction Score
Defense scores first shutout of the year: Huskies win 31-0.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
37-35 UConn
Red Zone execution finally takes place.
Shirreffs 24-32 330 yds 3 TDs 1 INT 62 yds rushing
Newsome 48 yds rushing 78 yds receiving 1 TD 132 Return yds
Johnson 52 yds rushing 1 TD
Thomas 9 rec 110 yds 1TD
Myers and Bloom combine for 8 rec 110 yds 1 TD (Bloom)
Beals (not Vitale) sets up game winning score with 42 yd punt return

My odd thinking....
Kiel has made it very clear he feels "entitled" to have his starting QB job back. Cincy radio has reported it could be an issue. I say it is and will be the difference maker. While Cincy certainly has weapons, they are not the Cincy that UConn has seen out there.
UConn finally has the weapons on O to put up points. The question is....and always will be....when will they do that?
I say this week...when not many are expecting it.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I don't know, but I can't take this post-game, Sunday depression any longer! :( Let's go into Cincy and knock them in #$&ing mouth!!!

Reaction Score
Huskies stay strong on the back end on D, keeping the cats in front of them and forcing a couple of turnovers. They capitalize early in the red zone and dominate possession in a 31-14 road win, getting back on schedule for bowl eligibility. AACreigns, having secretly bet his life savings on UConn plus 14, retires to fairfield county.
the power of positive thinking!

Reaction Score
Cincy 35
UConn 20

Cincy is 7th in total offense and as healthy as they have been all year. And, they're home. Even with adverse weather and our excellent D, I just think that Cincy will score.

Reaction Score
The forecast is calling for some rain Saturday and if it rains a significant amount during the game I do believe that favors UConn and I actually believe UConn might be able to hang around for a quarter if that happens. If it stays dry, Cincinnati 59 and UConn 13. If it rains, Cincinnati 48 and UConn 16.

Reaction Score
The forecast is calling for some rain Saturday and if it rains a significant amount during the game I do believe that favors UConn and I actually believe UConn might be able to hang around for a quarter if that happens. If it stays dry, Cincinnati 59 and UConn 13. If it rains, Cincinnati 48 and UConn 16.

Want to put your money where your mouth is? I will take UConn +32. Willing to bet up to $10,000. You in?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Want to put your money where your mouth is? I will take UConn +32. Willing to bet up to $10,000. You in?

He would never be able to cover that...that's like 3 years of allowance and a handful of video games.

Reaction Score
Someday I hope we have a program where we can play any team straight up and not hope that adverse weather (cold, rain, snow) can be our 12th man on the field to help secure a win.

Although, realistically, none of that helps either team or fans.

Reaction Score
Nippert has field turf which usually drains pretty well. You really need wind to disrupt passing, but the stadium sits below grad so although it might hamper passing, it's not as bad as grass fields.

Reaction Score
Crappy school? Ehh, UConn and Cincinnati are both ranked in the top 500 schools in the nation with UConn being ranked a little higher, so congrats.
lol, c'mon dude

Reaction Score
lol, c'mon dude
While his post is ridiculous, college rankings are very subjective. It really depends which metrics the beholder cares most about. If you care about research, endowment, and the like, Cincinnati is very highly ranked (top 200 worldwide.) But if you care about how U.S. News and World typically ranks based on retention, acceptance rate, graduation time etc. then UConn blows Cincinnati away.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I believe the offense switch is flipped up this week and the bend but don't break does just that.
34-28 UCONN.

Biggest upset in college football since Appal...well, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom