UConn vs. Cal - Game Thread | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Cal - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
UConn guards were trying to win the game in the first two minutes with the way they were forcing the ball. Have settled down a bit, but still not good offensive flow.

Reaction Score
I think Coach Auriemma's suggestion of lowering the basket for WCBB has some merit.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
There is nothing pretty about UCONN's offense right now. Just poor play from everyone not named Stewart. And some of the passing is just awful. It's like they've never played with each other before and have no idea where their teammate is going to be, so the passes end up in Cal's hands...

I would have expected them to come out like this against Duke after a 12 day layoff. Not 5 days later at full strength...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
How many lay ups has Cal missed? They could be up by 10 if they could make lay ups.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Hartley not having a very good game.

Jefferson having a VERY good game. MoJeff and Stewart are the only ones who look good out there.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Glad to see Geno pull Bria. He needs her to focus. Second game in a row she has driven into trouble with no options.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Thank goodness for Stewie. She's single handedly keeping UCONN up in this game. I hope the rest of the team finds it within them to actually show up... Well, MoJeff as well...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's kinda funny tho - it's 18-9. UCONN is almost up double digits with 8 minutes left in the first half and we are still really critical. Boy are we demanding!! :)

I get that Cal is missing a ton of shots, but maybe it's because they aren't used to having players almost in their faces all the time. People like to use that as an excuse - even Peck said "Cal is getting a ton of open looks, they just aren't knocking down their shots".

Well if they aren't going in, maybe UCONN's defense has a little something to do with it...

I do agree Hartley needs to sit for maybe the rest of the half. See if she can get her head on for the 2nd half. NO reason to drive into traffic with no options as Ice said. Bria's too good for that. Trying to force it too much. Let the game come to you...

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Did Peck just say Market Square Arena????????????

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
By the way, I just want everyone to know that the reason we went on our big run is because when the score was 12-9, I turned off the game. I am taping it and will watch it later but I was watching it live, and I never do that. So thank you, Eric! :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
And for the record, ND was "struggling" early with Central Michigan - only up 9-6 with over 5 minutes gone in the game. Maybe everyone is more concerned about what Santa is going to bring than the game at hand LOL!

Reaction Score
By the way, I just want everyone to know that the reason we went on our big run is because when the score was 12-9, I turned off the game. I am taping it and will watch it later but I was watching it live, and I never do that. So thank you, Eric! :)
Some people....sheesh! Messing with the mojo in a no no!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom