Uconn vs. BC... next year??? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Uconn vs. BC... next year???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So if this does happen Umass is off the schedule next year and replaced with BC? That was a neutral site game so chances of this one being at PAWS ARF are slim right? Hopefully Warde gets them to sign a multi-game contract with equal amount of home games.
That is probably the sticking point and probably why there is nothing to report yet. UConn shouldn't agree to a one-off series or give up a home game (I don't think they can anyway without a waiver from Global Spectrum or else risk breach of contract) to play at Gillette.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
God, I hate BC.
http://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...315/repost--it-time-to-play-uconn-in-football
This may have been posted already and I missed it...if so, sorrynotsorry.

Reading the comments after the post is most interesting...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That is probably the sticking point and probably why there is nothing to report yet. UConn shouldn't agree to a one-off series or give up a home game (I don't think they can anyway without a waiver from Global Spectrum or else risk breach of contract) to play at Gillette.
I would suspect this is the sticking point as well. UConn agreeing to one game at Chestnut Hill is us lowering our scheduling standards. If we can get Michigan, Missouri, BYU, and Boise - all programs more highly regarded than BC - to come to CT, we must get BC to come to CT if we're going to Chestnut Hill.

I'm not against one game at Gillette, so long as it's a 50-50 ticket split. There's no good reason to not agree to that one neutral game there. Neither team is conceding anything and distance wise, it's even for both sides.

Reaction Score
I would suspect this is the sticking point as well. UConn agreeing to one game at Chestnut Hill is us lowering our scheduling standards. If we can get Michigan, Missouri, BYU, and Boise - all programs more highly regarded than BC - to come to CT, we must get BC to come to CT if we're going to Chestnut Hill.

I'm not against one game at Gillette, so long as it's a 50-50 ticket split. There's no good reason to not agree to that one neutral game there. Neither team is conceding anything and distance wise, it's even for both sides.

Honestly a one game off at Gillette with a 50-50 ticket split might be the best way forward. Let both schools see just how much interest there is in this game. After they see the gate #s, I doubt either program would turn down a one-and-one.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This will just never happen. BC will never play us. Period.

If we do play, it can only be a 1 and 1 series or a neutral site. No single game deal at Chestnut Hill.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

If there is a neutral game, then it must be a 3 game series and the game at Rentschler must be played before the neutral site game to mitigate the possibility of a BC buy out. On the other hand, BC will be in debt up to their eyeballs paying COA to keep up with their conference mates, maybe they won't be able to afford a buy out.

Reaction Score
Gillette Stadium's capacity is 68K. I seriously think a UConn-BC game could sell that out considering how large the fan bases are in the region.

If that happens, watch how fast these schools get a home-and-home on the books.

Reaction Score
This will just never happen. BC will never play us. Period.

If we do play, it can only be a 1 and 1 series or a neutral site. No single game deal at Chestnut Hill.
Not true, tides are changing in Chestnut Hill. The factions who hated everything about UConn are gone or on their way out. Flipper was the head of that charge and he did not have a good reputation there by the time he left, their coaching staff has ties to the CT area and are not in the same boat as the Tom O'Brien regime. Really, the only person of significance left up there from the 2000s is the president, who himself has been rumored to be retiring rather soon. With Warde's ties with their AD, Addazio being from CT, and the Hockey East relationship, the wall between the two schools is on its way down.

Reaction Score
So if this does happen Umass is off the schedule next year and replaced with BC? That was a neutral site game so chances of this one being at PAWS ARF are slim right? Hopefully Warde gets them to sign a multi-game contract with equal amount of home games.

I don't believe playing UMass @ Gillette is a neutral site game... Pretty sure it's a UMass home game followed by a return
game @ UConn in 2017.

Reaction Score
Gillette Stadium's capacity is 68K. I seriously think a UConn-BC game could sell that out considering how large the fan bases are in the region.

If that happens, watch how fast these schools get a home-and-home on the books.

Well, if 68K showed up to Gillette, we also might end up playing them at Gillette every time. That wouldn't be a terrible result, but I too would like to see on-campus games.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
The best way possible to "stick" it to BC is to NOT play them next year and make them suffer the embarrassment of being so inept (or afraid) at scheduling that two years in a row they are forced to play TWO 1AA schools!!

It's all a bunch of nonsense talk because UMass has worked hard to put together their independent schedule for next year, the UConn home game will be a great gate for them, and they aren't going to accept any changes. If we are going to "partner" up with anybody I'd rather it be UMass than those pompous dbags in Boston.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
On the BC blog about playing us:
"AT LEAST BY PLAYING THEM, WE'LL FINALLY HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO PUT THEM IN THEIR PLACE."
BC!

Reaction Score
Well, if 68K showed up to Gillette, we also might end up playing them at Gillette every time. That wouldn't be a terrible result, but I too would like to see on-campus games.

I mean how about a Friday or Saturday after thanksgiving 1 p.m. game every year at Gillette? That would be really awesome.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I don't believe playing UMass @ Gillette is a neutral site game... Pretty sure it's a UMass home game followed by a return
game @ UConn in 2017.

Yup. Our game at Gilette against UMass is a road game.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Wait, what's the sudden motivation to do this on the part of BC?
And who gets the TV rights of the neutral game?

pj

Reaction Score
Let's chill with the P5 talk, the only reason that happened was Illinois/Indiana begging the B1G HQ to keep us on the sked so they didn't have to buyout the game deals. If we don't have those two future games there is no way we make that list. Sorry just true.

It's 4 games and you are ignoring the fact that they chose to schedule UConn in preference to other schools. They knew this P5 thing was coming when the schedule was made. There's little doubt the B1G office assured them they wouldn't be penalized for scheduling us.

Reaction Score
The best way possible to "stick" it to BC is to NOT play them next year and make them suffer the embarrassment of being so inept (or afraid) at scheduling that two years in a row they are forced to play TWO 1AA schools!!

It's all a bunch of nonsense talk because UMass has worked hard to put together their independent schedule for next year, the UConn home game will be a great gate for them, and they aren't going to accept any changes. If we are going to "partner" up with anybody I'd rather it be UMass than those pompous dbags in Boston.
This is so maniacally stupid, I can't even figure out how to respond to it. You want us to get out of the AAC, and the way to do that is to piss off a P5 school and "partner" with another who's on the verge of demoting their program back to FCS?

Reaction Score
Wait, what's the sudden motivation to do this on the part of BC?
And who gets the TV rights of the neutral game?
Their OOC schedule for next season is putrid, right now appears to be Buffalo, UMass, and Northern Illinois. Add in an FCS, and that's disgusting.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Their OOC schedule for next season is putrid, right now appears to be Buffalo, UMass, and Northern Illinois. Add in an FCS, and that's disgusting.

Interesting, so they have asked for us to bump our UMass series to make room for a UConn game to save their bacon. I'm willing to play ball if we get a fair deal which means 50/50 gate at a neutral site or a 1 and 1 series with no buyouts. No chestnut hill one off visits.

Reaction Score
Interesting, so they have asked for us to bump our UMass series to make room for a UConn game to save their bacon. I'm willing to play ball if we get a fair deal which means 50/50 gate at a neutral site or a 1 and 1 series with no buyouts. No chestnut hill one off visits.

I disagree. Would I sign a deal with BC just to play at Chestnut Hill. No, but that's not really what is going on here. Would I give up a road game I've already committed to with UMASS and substitute it for a road game at BC (remembering I've already then gotten UMass to the Rent) -- why wouldn't I?

That's the choice. WE have an existing deal that gives us a road game in MA. Why wouldn't we rather be at BC than UMASS at Foxboro? Just out of spite?

Reaction Score
I don't disagree w/BL, I just think that when you are in position to extract value you do. If I am Warde, I am asking what else - and it need not be FB. I'll drop Umass and replace w/BC, but I am asking for far more before I hang up.

Reaction Score
I disagree. Would I sign a deal with BC just to play at Chestnut Hill. No, but that's not really what is going on here. Would I give up a road game I've already committed to with UMASS and substitute it for a road game at BC (remembering I've already then gotten UMass to the Rent) -- why wouldn't I?

That's the choice. WE have an existing deal that gives us a road game in MA. Why wouldn't we rather be at BC than UMASS at Foxboro? Just out of spite?
Well, this is where using our position (helping BC out of a hole) in the negotiation comes into play. From what I understand we wouldn't be giving up the UMass road game, we'd be moving it to another season. BC needs help filling out their schedule so they're (theoretically) coming to us for help. It's not an outrageous request to say the game has to be one-off split gate at Gillette or a home and home. Taking one game at Chestnut Hill would be essentially using no bargaining power whatsoever.

Reaction Score

I took flack over the summer for stating that I'd take some 2-for-1 deals with some TOP echelon P5 teams. BC is nowhere near that level where I'd give up all of our self respect for a one off game in Chestnut Hill. It's not worth it. And, them.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

There are no perfect arguments here. Personally, I want two bites at the BC apple and I think we have the leverage in this situation to make it happen. I feel like a one and done game just works too well for BC. They should be subject to the indignity of playing UConn at the Rent! Or meeting us for one game at a neutral site.

Otherwise, yes - I would rather keep the schedule we have and play UMass. BC is not Notre Dame, not Penn State or Michigan either.

So yes, bottomline, I'll take the UMass game vs a single chestnut hill visit.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why some people are concerned about UConn possibly signing a deal to play a single game @BC. That is not happening. If we sign a deal to play them it will be a home and home, a 2 for 2 or a home, away, neutral site series.

Since going DI-A UConn has only signed one "money game" and that was @ Notre Dame. I do not see that changing for as long as we are able to sign series with Power 5 conference teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom