UConn vs. Arizona Sell Out? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Arizona Sell Out?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I completely spaced on printing my tickets before I left work today. Anyone try to have them scan your phone?

They can scan the bar code on your phone if you open the pdf file, I did that for SCSU exhibition

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I completely spaced on printing my tickets before I left work today. Anyone try to have them scan your phone?
My tickets are mobile tickets and I had no issue in the last XL game

Reaction Score
For you young uns out there, go to "tcf's stuff" at the top of the page and go to the Husky Games links and watch the 1990 #5 Syracuse and # 2 Georgetown games at the "Hartford Civic Center" and see what a great home court advantage that place can be and how all this started. We (students) didn't get buses to the games through the school - we got there for every game and made it as loud as possible. We were coming off an NIT season and picked to finished pretty low in the Big East. UConn was started off 0-2 in the league but won 3 in a row against unranked Pitt, Nova and SHU. It was those two games where UConn burst on the national scene with JC.

I think we are starting that climb with Hurley - it'll take some time but a good first step would be to fill the XL on Sunday and make it LOUD!

P.S. - and watch that Henefeld guy for UConn - he was only here for 1 year but man what an impact he had

P.P.S. - when you are done watching those two HCC games, watch the opening game at Gampel vs. St. John's just because it's great to know your history.

Reaction Score
I wish. With now two kids playing rec and travel basketball in Jersey, can't find the space in my calender. I do plan to catch Free Shoes and UConn at down the street at the Rock though as that's a 30 minute driver versus a 2 to 2/12 hour drive.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I wish. With now two kids playing rec and travel basketball in Jersey, can't find the space in my calender. I do plan to catch Free Shoes and UConn at down the street at the Rock though as that's a 30 minute driver versus a 2 to 2/12 hour drive.

The kids add weight and slow down the car. Give them fifty bucks and drop them off at the Lombardi rest stop, they'll be fine.

Reaction Score
The kids add weight and slow down the car. Give them fifty bucks and drop them off at the Lombardi rest stop, they'll be fine.

It's a bit out-of-the-way for me; but, if I did, my youngest would cry. My oldest would be OK as long as gave him my credit card. of coruse, by the time I made it back to pick him-up, I would be bankrupt and there would not be any food left.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Since when? I've been getting it from the tap closest to the exit since they opened that area, including at games through last season and concerts this year.
Correct, on tap for $9. Not a tallboy for $6.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It is only because the building was built so long ago that it was poorly designed.

Not poorly designed, really. The issue is they put 16,000 seats in a hole dug for 10,000. It served it's purpose well for a long time.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
For you young uns out there, go to "tcf's stuff" at the top of the page and go to the Husky Games links and watch the 1990 #5 Syracuse and # 2 Georgetown games at the "Hartford Civic Center" and see what a great home court advantage that place can be and how all this started. We (students) didn't get buses to the games through the school - we got there for every game and made it as loud as possible. We were coming off an NIT season and picked to finished pretty low in the Big East. UConn was started off 0-2 in the league but won 3 in a row against unranked Pitt, Nova and SHU. It was those two games where UConn burst on the national scene with JC.

I think we are starting that climb with Hurley - it'll take some time but a good first step would be to fill the XL on Sunday and make it LOUD!

P.S. - and watch that Henefeld guy for UConn - he was only here for 1 year but man what an impact he had

P.P.S. - when you are done watching those two HCC games, watch the opening game at Gampel vs. St. John's just because it's great to know your history.
For you young uns out there, go to "tcf's stuff" at the top of the page and go to the Husky Games links and watch the 1990 #5 Syracuse and # 2 Georgetown games at the "Hartford Civic Center" and see what a great home court advantage that place can be and how all this started.

Was at both games and could not agree with you more. That G'Town game was a Saturday night. When I got home I immediately rewound the tape and watched it again. I'll never forget Mike Gorman "It's 10 nothing UConn. ( UConn steals and scores on inbounds) It's 12 nothing UConn. And Georgetown calls time. Wow!"

Reaction Score
Just checked uconn ticket site and only couple hundred seats left...decent chance in selling out...UConn was smart to do the $15 ticket promotion get the place rocking

Reaction Score

These games created some of the best memories. Have lasted as lifetime. Never forget them as I get older with health issues.

Reaction Score
Something happened after a UMass game to cause this design
Good point. Forgot about that.

My original point still stands. The height of the upper sections are farther from the court than larger new facilities. It is what it is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom