UConn vs. Arizona Sell Out? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Arizona Sell Out?

Reaction Score
We better sell out tomorrow after this commit! shouldn't be too many seats left.

Sell your seats if you're in the lower bowl!

Reaction Score
I sold my seats in the lower bowl because I thought I couldn’t make it. Now I found out I actually will be able to make it so I bought more seats in 238! Go Huskies!

LOL. I hope you made a few bucks (or at least broke even).

Reaction Score
Because being there is always better, even in the cheap seats.
Man I’ve sat in those seats. You can’t see crap. Only way I knew if a basket was made was if the score board changed. It’ s fun to be there, but a limit to what people will pay to be in those seats. IMO, 10,000 is the max for a good basketball arena where you can see the game.

Reaction Score
If Zona coming to town doesn't sell out our fanbase stinks. I have to imagine it will sell out.
Not all of us live in CT. If I didn’t live in Princeton, NJ and if it wasn’t the holidays, I would go. If it was Saturday night, I would go. Not going to battle football traffic to get to Hartford by noon and not going to stay in a hotel. Doesn’t mean some of us are casual fans. It means we will be watching on TV because our degrees made us functional members of society that could be employed throughout the country which is a good thing...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I was once asked by an elderly couple behind me to stop standing up and cheering after made baskets.

Had that before and said I go to games just to stand and cheer, they left after halftime :)

Reaction Score
I always find humor at the fact the keyboard warriors on the board that live out of state like to call out the fanbase.
I know. Yes, I want to fight football traffic in one direction (or holiday traffic bc NYC is magical this time of year) to get to a noon game in Hartford. Not getting up at 7 on a Sunday. Nope. Not happening.

Reaction Score
Even if it's not a sellout, it will feel like one. The place will be packed, the crowd will be wild, and the bathrooms may or may not be usable!
Isn't this the norm even when the building is closed?

Reaction Score
I don't think they make tall boys of Lil' Heaven.
$6 tall boy for the lime gose or hefe. They had honeyspot IPA initially but haven’t seen it since early in the Cornell game. Sold out I guess.

Reaction Score
They ruined the fanbase well before this guy. Heck we were wining with JC and wondering where the fannies were a lot. They were winners and it became big business.

Just a quick summary from my point of view. In the 80's-90's before and after JC if you went to the HCC I could find about 100 people a game from my home town of Meriden I'd pretty much run into every other game, and I'm not exaggerating. My guess is about 10-15 of these people went to UConn but they were all loyal fans from that time and many before the 80's. Years later when they started pushing back with $'s to keep your seats or else you're in 212ZZ they began to lose some for various reasons some financially. That's just Meriden can you imagine the other towns and cities in the state of CT with similar fandom?

Not blaming the university or anyone it's just reality. Many of your best fans no longer are part of the annual season ticket world and for that reason now have been habitually happy to watch on TV and not drive 30-60 minutes.
After the 99 championship despite donation level not changed our seats did big time. Many people and small businesses jumped in with large donations. Downside was also that seats that used to be UConn fans were businesses, so I would be sitting in a sea of Syracuse fans at Syracuse games. The businesses would use them as giveaways. I still buy, but the disloyalty to long time fans caused many to leave. This year I am finally back to where my seats were in 99.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not blaming the university or anyone it's just reality. Many of your best fans no longer are part of the annual season ticket world and for that reason now have been habitually happy to watch on TV and not drive 30-60 minutes.

I blame Lou Perkins. He should have found a way to deal with all of the longtime fans he displaced with his insatiable lust for money. Like you said, he drove them and they never came back.

Reaction Score
I blame Lou Perkins. He should have found a way to deal with all of the longtime fans he displaced with his insatiable lust for money. Like you said, he drove them and they never came back.

Every game was selling out for several years after Lew was gone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom