UConn v. Utah State Aggies @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/30/23 @ Noon on CBSSN) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Utah State Aggies @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/30/23 @ Noon on CBSSN)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wrote on another thread that I think Mora walks away this year, and this is based on his responses. For that reason, I fully agree with what @Hornet22, @Marbles90, & @huskymedic wrote above.

On a different slant, it seems our matchups against MWC teams can be competitive (notwithstanding the 2021 game against Utah State). The team can match up well...if we were more geographically compatible, a formal football relationship with the MWC wouldn't be terrible. Anyways, I'm hoping Mora lit a fire under the boys @$$&$ and drives them to a win this weekend.
I don't think the guy is a quitter. I think he would need some measurable success before he would walk away. I absolutely cannot see him walking away from a winless season.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I don't think the guy is a quitter. I think he would need some measurable success before he would walk away. I absolutely cannot see him walking away from a winless season.
Believe me @CL82, I want to be wrong on this. If Mora can lead us to success, this school and fan base will immortalize him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Believe me @CL82, I want to be wrong on this. If Mora can lead us to success, this school and fan base will immortalize him.
I agree. I just note that here's a whole world of difference between being a quitter and not being able to lead us to success. I don't think Mora is going anywhere.

Reaction Score
The experianced QB @ URI is better than what we have seen here this year. That’s the difference.
I agree that is true but I don’t think that’s the only difference. I think there’s a wholehearted lack of effort and buy in from our team at large. These kids are jogging routes and not diving for balls. It’s deeper than one position.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I agree. I just note that here's a whole world of difference between being a quitter and not being able to lead us to success. I don't think Mora is going anywhere.
I agree. He has never been a coach to quit or look for the next gig. I would be very surprised if he made a move after this season.

Reaction Score
We are only favorite in the SHU game. UMass is a toss up. The only other winnable games (greater than 30 percent chance or greater of winning) is USU and USF. Need a win this weekend to have a chance at 4 wins season.

Reaction Score
If we are getting aced out for transfers because of 40 or 50K in NIL then just close the doors and shut the lights. That's chump change. I guarantee that the G5 going rate is AT LEAST that but probably closer to double. Hell there are likely some FCS programs that will pay more. Power 5 guys that are in demand are getting anywhere from 150-500K and in certain cases upwards of a couple million bucks when you consider advertising/sponsorship deals. For example, I know for a fact that USC got the DT kid Bear Alexander from UGA 750,000 in endorsement up-fronts to join the Trojans.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
If we had better players - we’d clearly be playing them. That being said, I highly doubt the talent at URI is better than ours. But they still manage to put together a competent product. Which leads me to assume it’s a culture/coaching issue as much as a talent issue. The players clearly do not care and it shows. And I’m just not sure how you fix that.
The players not caring is a hard pill to swallow, and I hope it's not the case. I am concerned that so many have said they felt like effort and hustle were lacking against Duke, despite Mora's claims of the opposite. This Saturday will say a lot about enthusiasm and effort, or the lack thereof. It's put up or shut up time for the 0-4 Huskies. Time to maximize our potential, no excuses.

Reaction Score
If we are getting aced out for transfers because of 40 or 50K in NIL then just close the doors and shut the lights. That's chump change. I guarantee that the G5 going rate is AT LEAST that but probably closer to double. Hell there are likely some FCS programs that will pay more. Power 5 guys that are in demand are getting anywhere from 150-500K and in certain cases upwards of a couple million bucks when you consider advertising/sponsorship deals. For example, I know for a fact that USC got the DT kid Bear Alexander from UGA 750,000 in endorsement up-fronts to join the Trojans.
I have a friend whose daughter plays for a Big12 BB team. Each player is guaranteed between 15-50k NIL money each year. If they stay on the team all four years they get a 25k bonus

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Name calling aside if Roberson continues to play the way he has so far this season, this season will be close to an 0-fer.

Reaction Score
Utah State is beatable. Of course, if we can't fix our offensive problems it might not matter. I will be there with my group of 15 because apparently I love to suffer. Maybe, Zion starts and energizes the entire team.
It only hurts because you care. Think of this, until they finally won the joke about Red Sox fans was that there should have been a sign above Fenway that says Abandon Hope all year who enter here.

Reaction Score
I have a friend whose daughter plays for a Big12 BB team. Each player is guaranteed between 15-50k NIL money each year. If they stay on the team all four years they get a 25k bonus
And that's WCBB!

Reaction Score
If the portal is that crazy and from what I hear, High School students are basically secondary thoughts in recruiting, then why hasn't our high school recruiting skyrocketed as there should be a ton more of those guys out there as everyone is taking transfers?

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
It only hurts because you care. Think of this, until they finally won the joke about Red Sox fans was that there should have been a sign above Fenway that says Abandon Hope all year who enter here.
I remember going to Yankee Stadium and hearing "1918" by Yankees fans anytime the Red Sox came and won a game. Of course Sox fans would brag about the win, which then prompted the "1918" chants. Then 2004 happened and the chants automagically disappeared. Just need win one game, then try for another.

It's like what hat Lou Brown said in Major League:
"OK, we won a game yesterday. If we win today, it's called "two in a row". And if we win again tomorrow, it's called a "winning streak"... It has happened before!"

Reaction Score
Segments 2 & 3 are informational.

Watts is dinged up but JM thinks he’ll be okay for Saturday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom