UConn v. Utah State Aggies @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/30/23 @ Noon on CBSSN) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Utah State Aggies @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/30/23 @ Noon on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
If the portal is that crazy and from what I hear, High School students are basically secondary thoughts in recruiting, then why hasn't our high school recruiting skyrocketed as there should be a ton more of those guys out there as everyone is taking transfers?
Maybe the portal transfer game is a zero sum game. You lose a guy to the portal, you get a guy from the portal. I would think the number of freshmen stays fairly consistent.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I feel like this should be working better than it is. I have no idea why it isn't.

I still want to know why Ross and Joly aren't getting the ball more. We know they can get open and catch the ball. Throw it to them.

Reaction Score
When someone posts a cheap shot about one of our players, it just gives me more motivation to head out to the Rent and support them, which I will happily be doing on Saturday and will continue to do, through good and bad times.
Agree with this post. The "old guy" is bitterly disappointed in the season so far. I haven't completely gotten over the Giants losing to the Colts in 1958. Still follow the Giants. However, If the posts resort to calling the student/athletes trash names, perhaps it is time for me to bow out of reading this site. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
UConn football is quite the enigma. I think there’s talent on the roster, but the effort has been poor. Coach Mora demonstrated an ability to get the team prepared for games last year, but first half performance in games this year has been horrific. Coach Mora says that the team is on a positive trajectory, but there’s no evidence to support it.

All I know is Coach Mora is in a better position to evaluate the team than I am, so I’m gonna trust him and head to the Rent as excited as always. If this doesn’t work, there’s always therapy. :)

Reaction Score
When someone posts a cheap shot about one of our players, it just gives me more motivation to head out to the Rent and support them, which I will happily be doing on Saturday and will continue to do, through good and bad times.

Well, he caused a fumble and then didn’t even try to recover it.

He’s not a bum but that was a bum play. It would be one thing if he actually was adding some value to the team but he’s not. So I have seen all that I need to see of Taquan Roberson.

If he’s not going to make the effort there, then where else is he short changing the team?

Reaction Score
Well, he caused a fumble and then didn’t even try to recover it.

He’s not a bum but that was a bum play. It would be one thing if he actually was adding some value to the team but he’s not. So I have seen all that I need to see of Taquan Roberson.

If he’s not going to make the effort there, then where else is he short changing the team?
I don’t normally agree with you but this is spot on. He’s still a kid so calling him a bum is a bit harsh but think about the message he’s sending to our team. It’s toxic. He deserves to be benched. I don’t care if we lose every game - I’d rather have kids fighting with everything they’ve got and lose than watch any more of TR and the other starters half a** it.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Maybe block that truck from entering CT at Danbury. BTW, pretty neat you can follow their equipment truck on twitter. Is our truck on?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I don’t normally agree with you but this is spot on. He’s still a kid so calling him a bum is a bit harsh but think about the message he’s sending to our team. It’s toxic. He deserves to be benched. I don’t care if we lose every game - I’d rather have kids fighting with everything they’ve got and lose than watch any more of TR and the other starters half a** it.
I agree. He can clean this up by making a statement about what happened. Something like..."I was so disappointed that I fumbled that I failed to finish out the play. I apologize to my teammates and the fans. I need to be better".

Without that...we just have to assume he is ok with what he did.

Lastly...have any of the reporters asked Mora about that play? He needs to share his perspective. Hard to buy his words about commitment if he is going to allow his starting quarterback get away with ignoring a fumble.

Reaction Score
I'm at the point where if they don't look remotely competitive against a veru bad Utah St team, I'm wating only North Dakota Fighting Hawks for the rest of the season. At least they are competitive. And ranked just out of the Top 10 for FCS.

I go to grad school here at UND that's why if you're wondering.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Have you been shopping at Fleet Farm yet?

What a great store. When you have a whole section within guns just for home defense shotguns......

Fleet Farm outside Madison, WI.

Screenshot_20230927_120254.jpg

Reaction Score
Overrated is more appropriate. Just because he was a 4 star HS player that attended PSU does not automatically make him the best player. If he does play again, I sincerely hope he proves the doubters wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom